Preview Lions vs Swans @GABBA Friday 16th June 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only 22, plenty of time. Question marks sure, but still a very young player who has really only been physically ready for the AFL this year.

Maybe I am being too negative , just surprised he struggles to get in with the outs.

Maybe he will be sub

Maybe I am being too negative , just surprised he struggles to get in with the outs.

Maybe he will be sub

Perfect sub option imo, was surprised he wasn't given that chance last week. Give him a chance to make an impact on limited game time and show the team/coaches he's hungry to play.

Arnold is one of the 4 possibilities to be the sub. Maybe Gus takes Ryno's role in the front half?
I hope Gus plays mids. He was good last week. Arnold might be in yet. They have a very tall forward line. Forte, Daniher and Hipwood all over 200cm. Harry becomes redundant. Rampe plays on Cameron, Fox to Mccarthy, Lloyd to Ashcroft. I would make a late change Arnold for Harry.

Arnold goes to Daniher, Francis to Forte and Melican to Hipwood. Melican and Arnold could swap. That is a balanced back line.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe he will be sub
I don't think it's negative at all. Over halfway through his 4th season and he's not in the best 22. I've defended him a lot but I'm not sold on him now.

Maybe Heeney been concussed the whole season
I think it is far more than concussion. He came into preseason with a bruised foot. If it is bone bruising it can take a long time to heal. Only solution rest and a Moon Boot. He also injured his shoulder in another match. I think he is pretty banged up.

Lions trying to stretch us with Fort coming in.
This is why I think Arnold will be a late change for Cunningham.

Arnold to Daniher or Hipwood
Melican to Danigmher or Hipwood
Francis to Forte. Forte is the least dangerous, McInerney when resting is far more dangerous but not more than Hipwood and Daniher.
Lloyd to Ashcroft
Rampe to Cameron
Fox to McCarthy

Those are really good match ups and a more balanced back 6.

This is why I think Arnold will be a late change for Cunningham.

Arnold to Daniher or Hipwood
Melican to Danigmher or Hipwood
Francis to Forte. Forte is the least dangerous, McInerney when resting is far more dangerous but not more than Hipwood and Daniher.
Lloyd to Ashcroft
Rampe to Cameron
Fox to McCarthy

Those are really good match ups and a more balanced back 6.

0 chance Cunningham is a late out imo

I wouldn't mind it , but just think they love his experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Brisbane/GABBA locals on here? Flying up for the game, wondering where to go after for the cricket? Of halfway through the first is we are getting whacked!

Pretty clear Lions are going to try and get us with height. Looks like they will have 3 200cm talls stationed in their F50 at most times. Stating the obvious but tp have any chance, we will need to get on top at the contest, bring the ball to ground when the Lions kick it into their F50 and rebound hard out of our D50 to have any chance.
I think we might just make a late strategic change. Arnold in Harry out.

Arnold to either Daniher or Hipwood
Melican to Daniher or Hipwood
Francis to Forte (don't trust Francis on the other two)
Rampe to Cameron
Lloyd to Ashcroft
Fox to McCarthy

That really works. If they go smaller Ollie or Blakey drop back. Work Ollie through the mids and Blakey to the wing. Exchange Lloyd for Ollie and Fox for Blakey.

It annoys me that Horse hates Stephens so much. I know he hasn't set the world on fire, but I didn't think he was terrible in the games he played this year. He appears to be getting forced out of the club, which we'll almost certainly regret when he becomes a gun for Adelaide in a couple of years.

At the very least, he should have been a sub last week instead of the clunky, underdone Amartey, who was predictably awful and entirely ineffective when he came on.
Did you see our delivery forward last week? Did we actually have a forward line in the last? Nah. The forwards were on a hiding to nothing.

Probably an admission that Heeney was not playing at 100% this season with lingering injuries holding him back. It was only a matter of time before he sat out.

Some shots on goal were shanked, and I knew that wasnt him.

Last edited:
Well, with Parker returning who else is going to get less time on-ball? Anyway, even if he plays Clarke's role he won't necessarily be asked to do it in exactly the same way and he may well still get time on the ball too.
Actually with Parker returning I am hoping he plays, a bit longer up forward. We can also run Ollie through there. He is a super little kick for goal. Lloyd can play there too. There are a range of players. Lloyd would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back