Game Day 2023 Round 13 Sydney v St Kilda Thursday 8 June 7:10pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last qtr surprised me actually. It really didn’t feel like they’d just breeze past us with a minimum of fuss. I suppose I should’ve expected it after the Collingwood, Port and GWS games, but I really thought we were getting fitter. We were able to run games out the past two weeks, so I was hoping we turned a corner fitness wise. This was a reality check. We’re outrageously unfit. How does that even happen?

Autopsy thread up

Showed some promising signs early this year but I agree. There's been a lot of hope hung on about 8 or 9 good quarters of footy over his entire career.

I think Logan will be a good player but anyone thinking we're completely set with Logan, McLean and Amartey as our our KP forwards for the next decade might be in for a shock.

most of the goals he kicked at the start of the year weren’t particularly convincing either, tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was infuriating seeing lots of legal tackles getting penalized as “dangerous”. This game is getting ruined
We beat ourselves but what is infuriating is the amount of times we don’t get rewarded for holding the ball incorrect disposal, ball jolts free, we win it get tackled and pinged instantly. It’s farcical how we get bent over most weeks and we meekly retreat to next week without one ****ing word of displeasure from the club. Over it.

Lets be real, this sport is played 90% above the soldiers.

We didnt draft bad kicks all of a sudden. Its a product of where the team is at. Low on confidence, players look lost. Instinct is the first thing to disappear when you have this sort of season.

That’s why Florent is a liability. One of our only players who can get into space then hangs onto the football a fraction too long making his decisions

The kick out run was ridiculous but so many times he’s free bursting up ground but just before the disposal the pressure comes purely as his brain doesn’t tick over.

Maybe last year was indeed the last gasp for the core from 2011-2016, then making the GF was a shock to them. Buddy, Rampe, Parker, JPK, Reid etc

The inevitable collapse came earlier than we thought.

Hicky will struggle to go again next season

Help us if rampe pulls the pin to
Hickey you're probably right but if we don't draft another ruck then might be worth hanging on to as backup.

Rampe, although 33 probably deserves a few more games this year before we call curtains on him given the form he was in pre injury. Not like he was struggling

I think we've made some very poor list decisions with who we've chosen to retain on long term contracts. Heeney was poor again tonight and would have to be one of the biggest underperformers in the league relative to contract length. I reckon we've done the same with Blakey, but I guess time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back