Preview Sydney v St Kilda (SCG) RD 13, 7:10pm Thursday 8 June 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As baffled as I am that we didn't appeal the tribunal's decision on Parker, I'm looking forward to seeing how the midfield goes without its most constant staple.

I wasn't convinced by Heeney's game against Carlton (anyone who has watched Cripps this year will know...), however I really hope it is indicative of something greater there. He looked really good feeding the ball out to the likes of Warner & Gulden.

I'm also expecting Papley will see increased minutes in the midfield, which I'm not typically a huge fan of but I think his style could trouble St Kilda's heavier, more defensive mids like Crouch, Steele, Ross etc. Hawthorn's quick ball use out of the middle gave them absolute headaches a few weeks ago.

Which then leaves, presumably, one of Stephens or Sheldrick. Huge week for whoever gets picked, as they're unlikely to get an opportunity for inside time like this again for some time. Hope whoever gets it grabs it with both hands.

As for the rucks... just try not to let Marshall do whatever he wants!

Fortunately St Kilda aren't great at scoring. Only 14th in the competition for points scored. If we can at least take advantage of our scoring opportunities when they come then we can make it a contest via good old fashioned scoreboard pressure.
They'll kick 14.2 instead of 7.9 and smash us probably

I also predicted we wouldn't do much in the finals then as well. I still want to see us win and make and effort, but my expectations have been lowered on what we will achieve, instead want to see us build the team for the future

this season is a long way from done
we're still so far from our "best" team, we dunno what's happening with the mccartins (but there's not much optimism), we have two new big guys who right now we're entitled to be a little excited about, and still a core group of talented younger players with plenty of development in them
if this current playing group can hang in and win a couple more, and we get players back (mills particularly) ... still a lot of football ahead

and these fringe players getting a run now, francis, young warner, wicks, gould, sheldrick, mcandrew, et al, are much the better for this game time when they return to being depth players as the "best" 22 starts to come back together (yes, yes, i concede a lot of this is best-case scenario stuff)

Tend to agree but really it looks like the Pies and then about 10 sides below them. We'd be close to the worst side if we came 6th or 7th to face first round away, as we'd have won a few games to get there BUT you aren't winning from 7th anyway

fck the pies ... they're not that good! wait to see how they cope with their next (inevitable) loss

this season is a long way from done
we're still so far from our "best" team, we dunno what's happening with the mccartins (but there's not much optimism), we have two new big guys who right now we're entitled to be a little excited about, and still a core group of talented younger players with plenty of development in them
if this current playing group can hang in and win a couple more, and we get players back (mills particularly) ... still a lot of football ahead

and these fringe players getting a run now, francis, young warner, wicks, gould, sheldrick, mcandrew, et al, are much the better for this game time when they return to being depth players as the "best" 22 starts to come back together (yes, yes, i concede a lot of this is best-case scenario stuff)
Someone will tell you off for no CAPITALS

Imagine if we kicked straight in the Prelim 9 up and they wouldn't have got close and we would've saved some energy
I kind of look back now & cherish that they lost by a point & now all think what could have been had they made the Granny.
One point. The comeback kings but not in their biggest game though.:laughing:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My day was quite good, drove my house guests to the airport. :clapping:

All a bit weird really.
Came to my door last week said my sister had organised their stay.
Seemed a bit rude to point out I didn't have a sister.

As it happened they were okay, although I did have to tell them a few times to leave the bloody goats outside.

All a bit weird really.

As it happened they were okay, although I did have to tell them a few times to leave the bloody goats outside.
That is GOLDEN ❤️❤️❤️
Best post ever 🤣

All a bit weird really.

Haha loved that you just rolled with it!! That’s a classic!!

In: Angus Sheldrick, Dane Rampe
Out: Corey Warner, Lachlan McAndrew (omitted), Luke Parker (susp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back