Preview Fremantle vs Sydney Swans @7:40pm Saturday 22nd July Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. All the sooking from Bulldogs flogs and Essendon w***ers crying about "they always get the decisions against us".

My question is when does the investigations start on the Bulldogs medical staff for not assessing a supposed clear head knock? Negligence anyone?
But apparently McNeil was clearly hurt in the off-the-ball incident!
What a crock....
So hurt that he got up and not only played on, but played the game out and, from what I saw on the replay, no trainers came to him.

But apparently McNeil was clearly hurt in the off-the-ball incident!
What a crock....
So hurt that he got up and not only played on, but played the game out and, from what I saw on the replay, no trainers came to him.
Just read an article in the Canberra Times. Bulldogs Chief of Medicine state McNeil came off and was winded. He also started on the ground in the 2nd quarter. This suggests that no concussion test or compulsory 15 minute sit out occurred. It is compulsory to review the footage of any head knock. They clearly didn't believe it was a head knock if they didn't do the concussion test or they have been completely negligent.

What happened?
I think these two tweets from David Zita (whose coverage of Tribunal hearings I enjoy because he's kinda in on the joke as to the absurdity of the things he has to report on) sum up the hearing well.

09A6C57B-D82D-49FC-923D-6E32C629A33D.jpeg
ADAE15EF-094C-4ECC-BCC3-8D67E1AF4817.jpeg

Only just back from injury, would give him another game or two at least before consideration from a fitness perspective.

Unfortunately another bye this week, so might be a little while.

Seems like the seconds have a bye every 5 weeks. Makes it very hard for the depth or returning players to make case. What’s going on?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ins: Lloyd Chad
Outs: Fox Corey
Sub: Fox

Not sure what game the VFL coaches were watching but Hickey was very lacklustre v Footscray. Ladhams looked rusty and needs more time in the VFL. Jordan Sweet easily accounted for both of them, with neither performing well enough for promotion.

Lloyd and Chad are automatic selections when fit and I think Corey and Fox seem to be logical exclusions. I do think Fox is our best Sub candidate though when we have a relatively fit list.

Ins: Lloyd Chad
Outs: Fox Corey
Sub: Fox

Not sure what game the VFL coaches were watching but Hickey was very lacklustre v Footscray. Ladhams looked rusty and needs more time in the VFL. Jordan Sweet easily accounted for both of them, with neither performing well enough for promotion.

Lloyd and Chad are automatic selections when fit and I think Corey and Fox seem to be logical exclusions. I do think Fox is our best Sub candidate though when we have a relatively fit list.
Bit rough on forcing Melican to play injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very harsh. I can think of a stack of reasons

neesham and the initial freo handball style
freos send off to fitzroy after oakley showed how petty he was by not doing anything for the roys at all, and freo did it properly
freo showing geelong could be beaten at kardinia park (although to be fair we'd be doing that for a while then)
pavlicjh and fyfe both of whom would be in my all afl best 22 since 2000
the stacks on between them and west coast in the early years
clive waterhouse who arguably was the precursor to one I Heeney in style, and maybe even the yips
trading out the number one pick to hawthorn only to give the same player back a few years later for half his original value

They've been great for the comp - more crazy moments than about half the essendons carltons and saints over the same time period.

Agree with those. Along with Port it's the most community-centric of all the new AFL era clubs - great culture. Love Pav- one of the all-time greats.

Don't forget sirengate.

You have to be cruel to be kind🤣

I'll take pity on him and bring in Francis but only this time...
I reckon you're right and Francis will come in .. Horse spoke pretty highly of him at his press conference.
But I'd like to see Arnold get a game - reckon hes looked good in the ressies.

I would love to see Arnold at some point but it’s not going to be this game as we’ve already got an extra defender with Lloyd coming back in and Francis presumably a straight swap for Melican.

My guess -
Out: Melican, Warner, Clarke (sub)
In: Lloyd, Francis, Chad (w/ Fox to sub).

I much prefer Fox in the backline but not sure how that would work if we need Francis’ height.

I would love to see Arnold at some point but it’s not going to be this game as we’ve already got an extra defender with Lloyd coming back in and Francis presumably a straight swap for Melican.

My guess -

I much prefer Fox in the backline but not sure how that would work if we need Francis’ height.
For me the question is who do we need Francis' height for?

Unless the Dockers debut a ruckman, there's only Amiss and Treacy in the talls department, and they aren't monsters. TMac could take Amiss, Rampe on Treacy, Fox on Sturt etc. If they do bring in a ruck, then TMac on the resting ruck, Rampe on Amiss, Fox on Treacy. Florent or Blakey can start on Sturt and zone off as needed.

We probably bring Francis in though.

Unless the Dockers debut a ruckman, there's only Amiss and Treacy in the talls department, and they aren't monsters. TMac could take Amiss, Rampe on Treacy, Fox on Sturt etc. If they do bring in a ruck, then TMac on the resting ruck, Rampe on Amiss, Fox on Treacy. Florent or Blakey can start on Sturt and zone off as needed.

To be honest I know almost nothing about Freo’s forward line other than noticing Amiss when we played them earlier this year. But yes it probably depends on whether they bring in another ruck, and also what type of role we want Blakey playing ie. key defender because of his height or more of a (very tall) running half back.

I am keen on having a pace advantage on that fast Perth deck.

BOM says it will rain during the week but are predicting a nice day on Saturday.BUT Im waiting for our resident expert Donza and his apprentice bedford to give us the good oil.

Last time we played them their talls had a field day. They aren’t monsters in modern terms but still large humans - Amiss 196 Treacy 195. I’d rather not rely on undersized defenders - as good as Rampe and Fox can perform these roles. Too big a risk to not select Francis. He seems an ideal match up for Treacy on paper.
Unfortunately it appears that Fox will be the odd one out again and likely sub. Though he is the perfect sub in many respects

To be honest I know almost nothing about Freo’s forward line other than noticing Amiss when we played them earlier this year. But yes it probably depends on whether they bring in another ruck, and also what type of role we want Blakey playing ie. key defender because of his height or more of a (very tall) running half back.
Blakeys run off half back will be crucial on the larger Optus surface so rather we select Francis and give Blakey licence to take it on

My guess -

Seems most likely, assuming we don’t select a ruckman again. Given that Darcy is out we may utilise as the McLean as the preferred ruckman again. I’m not entirely comfortable with this but not sure if bringing in Ladhams or Hickey will help much either. Try and minimise the damage I guess?

Seems most likely, assuming we don’t select a ruckman again. Given that Darcy is out we may utilise as the McLean as the preferred ruckman again. I’m not entirely comfortable with this but not sure if bringing in Ladhams or Hickey will help much either. Try and minimise the damage I guess?
If Hickey and Ladhams are not fit enough the choice would seem to be McLean or give McAndrew a shot.
Up against Jackson I would seriously consider running Stretch as Jackson isn't all that good a ruck. Amartey as travelling emergency in case Bud's knee swells up.
Francis for Melican.
Chad (if fit) for Corey.
Lloyd for Fox (to sub).

Last time we played them their talls had a field day. They aren’t monsters in modern terms but still large humans - Amiss 196 Treacy 195. I’d rather not rely on undersized defenders - as good as Rampe and Fox can perform these roles. Too big a risk to not select Francis. He seems an ideal match up for Treacy on paper.
Unfortunately it appears that Fox will be the odd one out again and likely sub. Though he is the perfect sub in many respects
Jackson kicked 3 because he had Darcy rucking, unlike this week. Amiss and Treacy (193) got 2 each, and they had Jackson taking a KPD.

We had Francis, Gould and Fox. I'll take TMac, Rampe and Fox as a unit anyday, against a shorter fwd line.

I am keen on having a pace advantage on that fast Perth deck.

BOM says it will rain during the week but are predicting a nice day on Saturday.BUT Im waiting for our resident expert Donza and his apprentice bedford to give us the good oil.
At 7pm AEST . Saturday.
Perth will be under a large stable ridge of around 1032hpa.
Chance of rain >10%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back