Preview GWS vs Sydney Swans Saturday 5th August @Giants Stadium 7:30pm - How to backpack your way to Inner Western Sydney

Will Toby Greene destroy us again?

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of our defenders, how many defensive role players do we need? Rowy, Wicks, Clarke and most unhappily Mills are in this week. That's four. McLean may get a tagger gig on Briggs if he gets off the chain.

Who are the attacking weapons? Errol and the Chad, I guess.

Stephens being able to find the ball is not enough of a feat to bring him in IMO.

I don't think he's hard done by at all.

I imagine Horse & co would be telling him, you've gotta tidy up that delivery by foot. It's a glaring weakness in his game that he hasn't improved in half a season in the reserves. All the other reserves players would have things they are working on to get up to the standard required, so why should Stephens be any different?
That’s all very well and I don’t disagree but…

Have you seen Clarke’s kicking ?

Everyone complaining that we don't have a plan for Greene, now we bring in Clamps and everyone complains!

If Clarke is on Greene jeez I’ll need tequila and lots of it. He’s too quick, he’s too smart and how many goals do you want him to kick? You have him 4+ in something?

Outside of our defenders, how many defensive role players do we need? Rowy, Wicks, Clarke and most unhappily Mills are in this week. That's four. McLean may get a tagger gig on Briggs if he gets off the chain.

Who are the attacking weapons? Errol and the Chad, I guess.
Why change what's worked so far this year? We're only.... 11th.

Different roles though. Clarke won't be doing much kicking I'd imagine...

Again I agree with that. But what is he going to do then ?

I don’t know how they’re going to line up because they’ve lost the best runner and brought in a good runner and they’re going to play him where exactly ?in the forward line - are they going to put heeney on the wing ?

I know I've got my woe is Clarke schtick going.

But a few weeks back after playing half a game as a sub, they gave him a run for a half in the twos. They put him the mids where he stunk it up and looked void of interest.

Surely when he is in the twos he practices the clamp role and nothing else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m fine with the Clarke selection.

We made it to a GF last year, with Clamps performing a very helpful role.

If Horse sees benefit in negating a GWS half-back, then fair enough.

Reckon he had an impact in a handful of games last year.

But Oppo coaches have got smarter. They move their player into the mids. Whitfield can play HB, hf and mids. Horse can't send Clarke into the mids or fwd.

Had a close look at the GWS defence and I'm left wondering who they will play on Papley and Wicks. Their defenders are all over 6 ft and not necessarily all that agile. If our talls can bring the ball to ground effectively life could get interesting. If we bomb it in we might get eaten.
At the other end they're not that tall so if we're sharp we might be OK if we keep a lock on Greene. Easier said than done but one hopes there is a plan.

Had a close look at the GWS defence and I'm left wondering who they will play on Papley and Wicks. Their defenders are all over 6 ft and not necessarily all that agile. If our talls can bring the ball to ground effectively life could get interesting. If we bomb it in we might get eaten.
At the other end they're not that tall so if we're sharp we might be OK if we keep a lock on Greene. Easier said than done but one hopes there is a plan.
It looks damp.
Not rain as such. However could be greasy.
Not ideal for a tall defensive line.

Again I agree with that. But what is he going to do then ?

I don’t know how they’re going to line up because they’ve lost the best runner and brought in a good runner and they’re going to play him where exactly ?in the forward line - are they going to put heeney on the wing ?
Good questions. I don't know. I usually think Horse makes sound decisions that are easy to defend. Hasn't really been the case this year so I feel like when I try to find the reason in his decisions this season it's more out of hope than logic haha

Oh ffs.
Kelli Underwood, Dwayne Russell, Dermott Brereton, Alastair Lynch
Drinking game time...

Dwayne makes a food-related analogy while calling a really good play.

Dermott waxes lyrical about Hayden McLean or Ollie Florent.

Kelli sounds like she's having aneurysm in the commentary box.

Drinking game time...

Dwayne makes a food-related analogy while calling a really good play.

Dermott waxes lyrical about Hayden McLean or Ollie Florent.

Kelli sounds like she's having aneurysm in the commentary box.
Drink every time Buddy is mentioned and you’ll be paralytic by half-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back