Preview Sydney Swans v Melbourne Sunday 27th August 3 20pm, The farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are in a titanic struggle against the Crows, with finals on the line:

“Papley’s hammy is tight, better sub him off”.

Six days later …

“Papley’s hammy is fine, he’s ok to play”.

Given the stakes in the Crows game, it wasn’t a great time for the medicos and physios to get it wrong.

Williamson is a rat , all about his hair
Spot on. Complete 🐕. Has stitched us in every game he has had us. Stopped us dead in our tracks in that comeback at Marvel against Carlton when they kicked 9 in the second qtr and we worked our way back into it to be All over them with 10 minutes to go in the last pulling out 3 howlers 2 of which were out and out cheating. Like I said a pedigree hound of the highest order.

Six days later …

Given the stakes in the Crows game, it wasn’t a great time for the medicos and physios to get it wrong.
I thought we were well up when we subbed him.

We were - but subbing him off certainly didn’t help us in Q4.

I’m hoping he doesn’t twang this week - because hammies are either dodgy or they’re not.
I cant blame Horse for subbing a player when we're 30 points up - we should have easily held on. Which is very very disappointing and a damning indictment on our current midfielders when the part time mid/small forward leaves a gaping hole.

I really hope Clarke is not the sub again. I don’t mind him when he’s in the team to play a negating role against a specific player, but he’s not impactful as a sub at all. He’s not fast, not a quick decision maker, and doesn’t have good disposal. Is he really our best option? Has he ever had a sub game like Stephens against GWS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we never play unfit players....

If we do strike me down with lightning
Mother Nature Lightning GIF by Fourwind Films

Reminds me of the Lee Trevino quote
“If you are caught in a storm and are afraid of lightning hold up a 1 iron. Even God can’t hit a 1 iron.”?
PS Trevino has been struck by lightning a number of times on a golf course.

Six days later …

Given he is good this week I think would vindicate their call, your post would look different if they knew he reported tightness and they left him on and he pulled it. I don’t really get your post.

Reminds me of the Lee Trevino quote
“If you are caught in a storm and are afraid of lightning hold up a 1 iron. Even God can’t hit a 1 iron.”?
PS Trevino has been struck by lightning a number of times on a golf course.
Holding his 7 iron….

Why would you risk Papley anyway.. We've made finals.
If he is fit play him, I suspect our listed side won’t be the side that takes the field. Tightness can sometimes be a spasm, there is no automatic link to say he may be unfit because he reported tightness in a game.

Its just a thing we do i dont understand it either

If he is fit, of course you play him. He probably could have played on last week, but they pulled him due to an abundance of caution. Hamstring "tightness" doesn't really mean anything.

I feel like some of you forget that this is not a dead rubber for us. It's a home final on the line. 6th would be useful. Not a time to be resting players.

Given he is good this week I think would vindicate their call, your post would look different if they knew he reported tightness and they left him on and he pulled it. I don’t really get your post.
I’m a skeptic - when I hear a player has reported “hamstring tightness” or “calf tightness”, it’s usually code for 2-4 weeks.

I can’t recall the last time a player was subbed out due to a hammy or calf but was right to go the following week.

Someone can probably find examples - but if we’d have lost the Crows game, questions would have been asked re: the Papley sub.

And if he twangs this week …..

I’m a skeptic - when I hear a player has reported “hamstring tightness” or “calf tightness”, it’s usually code for 2-4 weeks.

I can’t recall the last time a player was subbed out due to a hammy or calf but was right to go the following week.

Someone can probably find examples - but if we’d have lost the Crows game, questions would have been asked re: the Papley sub.

And if he twangs this week …..
Still every chance of a late change to the team tomorrow I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back