Preview GWS vs Sydney Swans Saturday 5th August @Giants Stadium 7:30pm - How to backpack your way to Inner Western Sydney

Will Toby Greene destroy us again?

• Yes

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
In anticipation of the multiple posts concerning the yearly travails of making it out the Giants Stadium lets not overdo it this year. Okay..

1690708731274.png

The Orange Crush are crunching many as they march their way up the ladder....which is NOT want you want to hear when your targeted player is in the team. Dammit!

It's 6th vs 10th and I fear our charge for the finals may be dealt a final blow, the Giants are playing great football and are putting together some convincing wins. I don't know how many of you watched the GWS vs Dogs game but Toby Greene looked like he was practising for our match when he kicked 4 in the 3rd quarter.

The Giants just ran harder and faster and this is where we are going to be in trouble because our final quarter fadeouts are a thing that's been haunting us all ruddy year.

Our midfield are going to have to turn around and somehow figure out how to win clearances otherwise they will smash us. Cal Ward is playing great footy and don't even get me started on Taylor down back. And we better hope to whatever deity you believe in that Ruck Jesus or Ladhams is back for this match because Kieran Briggs held his own against English and did some good things.

So, what are we looking at in regards to possible changes? Mills hand is still clearly sore, Buddy is defs out and Rampe is a high possible. No other injuries that I'm aware of. I'd love the thought of Roberts coming into the team but not sure how he pulled up after the VFL game and if he's still making his way back after injury.

My Defender boys saved our arses against the Bombers and we will probably see Francis join them down back if Rampe doesn't come up fit. Sam Wicks has been playing some great footy since he's come back into the team and if I were Horse I'd stick him onto Lachie Ash who was pivotal off halfback.

It's going to take one of our best games to win this weekend. Here's hoping the lads can see September in their future and keep up with our winning form.

This could define our season. We must beat either the Giants or Crows (both if we don’t want the Melbourne game to be must-win).

The Giants are just about the form side of the competition right now.

Two of Heeney, Mills and Parker need big games and I think a Hayward or Papley needs a small bag of goals as well.

If we restrict Greene to 3 goals or less we will win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't stand this stupid team, hope we flog them.

Hickey & Roberts in for Buddy & Rowbottom seems a no-brainer but I doubt it happens. Francis in for Rampe if the great man doesn't get up.

Needless to say, Cunningham, Fox or whoever the hell gets Toby Greene needs to have a big game.

They would be coming into this game as big favourites which might help us. We were right in it earlier this year until the customary fade at the end.
Francis for Rampe and as much as I don't like it possibly Hickey for Buddy , I don't think we can persist with McLean as number one ruck but Hickey's fitness has looked well off , hopefully his spell in the twos has helped.
Greene will do something special regardless he's just too good and it's their midfield that worries me.
Swans to get caned in the clearances again and it will give them too many opportunities Giants by 2-3 goals.
GWS are a legit contender for top four now I don't see them letting up.

Bud, Ramps out

Hickey, Francis ins.

Mids is where this is at…. Roberts went well for half a game today, they will smash us in the middle if we are not totally on our game. Not certain Roberts is good for this game, but we need really competitive beasts in the middle.

Hickey deserves a spot after today, and we need a recognised ruckman in this one.

Bud, Ramps out

Hickey, Francis ins.

Mids is where this is at…. Roberts went well for half a game today, they will smash us in the middle if we are not totally on our game. Not certain Roberts is good for this game, but we need really competitive beasts in the middle.

Hickey deserves a spot after today, and we need a recognised ruckman in this one.
As much as I like the thought of Roberts in I'm not sure he's got enough match fitness.

Just put Stephens in there , he is doing what he has to in the 2's and look what he did this time last year
Stephen’s is an option….also, whilst Indont think you tag Greene, if we wanted to keep someone close to Greene he might be a left field option as well….certainly has the tank and speed and been doing a bit of in close work in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I like the thought of Roberts in I'm not sure he's got enough match fitness.
I agree with you, he was hot for a half today but either ran out of puff or was shut down easily after half time. I don’t think he is quite ready yet.

Can't stand this stupid team, hope we flog them.

Hickey & Roberts in for Buddy & Rowbottom seems a no-brainer but I doubt it happens. Francis in for Rampe if the great man doesn't get up.

Needless to say, Cunningham, Fox or whoever the hell gets Toby Greene needs to have a big game.
Why are you dropping Rowy?

This game just gives me bad vibes.

They have Toby Greene in form, Tom Green coming back, Sam Taylor dominating at the back & Nick Haynes getting back to match fitness.

We’ve lost Buddy and Sir Dane & find ourselves debating whether to replace them with a 32 year old journeyman ruck or a player even Essendon didn’t want.

And to top it all off - The Orange Team have an infuriating knack of destroying our season.

But ….. you just never know.

Swans by 44 mid way through the 3rd quarter & by 1 at the final siren.

Just tag Greene in the last 2 minutes in the pocket and we win
Don't worry about nothing. I have a feeling that Mr Greene might himself a little accident that might keep him from playing us next weekend. Hehehe. :cool:

mr-burns-smack.gif

Just put Stephens in there , he is doing what he has to in the 2's and look what he did this time last year

Not sure what else he would need to do to at least be sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back