Preview Sydney Swans v Melbourne Sunday 27th August 3 20pm, The farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Big game and a potential finals rival . Would send a big warning to the rest of the competition if we can knock them off .
I don't believe they are playing at their peak , but we will need a 4 quarter effort .
A lot will depend on personal and at this stage we don't know about Papley or McCartin , although Horse said Paps pulled up okay . If out i would bring in Melican and Co Warner.
Interestingly we have only played Melbourne 3 times at the SCG since 2012 winning that 138 to 37 , in 2016 we beat them 86 to 31 and in 19 we lost 78 to 100 .
Weather looks to be fine at this stage and lets fill the SCG to farewell the great number 23 .
GO BLOODS

Big game and a potential finals rival . Would send a big warning to the rest of the competition if we can knock them off .
I don't believe they are playing at their peak , but we will need a 4 quarter effort .
A lot will depend on personal and at this stage we don't know about Papley or McCartin , although Horse said Paps pulled up okay . If out i would bring in Melican and Co Warner.
Interestingly we have only played Melbourne 3 times at the SCG since 2012 winning that 138 to 37 , in 2016 we beat them 86 to 31 and in 19 we lost 78 to 100 .
Weather looks to be fine at this stage and lets fill the SCG to farewell the great number 23 .
GO BLOODS

I will.

news re Papley
star forward Tom Papley’s hamstring problem is not as serious as first feared after he was subbed out at Adelaide Oval.
"He's OK. He pulled up well today so he's still a chance to play this week," Longmire said. "He feels pretty good. We'll see how the week progresses. It would be good to have him in the team and available."

Justin McInerney :sadv1:
Key forward Joel Amartey is pushing for a return this week from a hamstring issue but Justin McInerney is looking very likely to miss a fourth week in succession due to a calf injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom papley is a massive boost if he can play.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope we win due to a score review going our way
It has to be a Dees goal near the end of the game that gets reviewed before the bounce and comes back..... deelicious

Helps us to play on the Sunday, 2nd last game, hopefully Dees don’t have much to play for which hopefully adds to a carnival style send off for Buddy, the living legend and big Paddy, who had shocking luck with head injuries, but was so important and humble last year for us. Was an inspiring comeback from where he was after his spell with saints and away from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back