Preview Sydney Swans v Melbourne Sunday 27th August 3 20pm, The farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a skeptic - when I hear a player has reported “hamstring tightness” or “calf tightness”, it’s usually code for 2-4 weeks.

I can’t recall the last time a player was subbed out due to a hammy or calf but was right to go the following week.

Someone can probably find examples - but if we’d have lost the Crows game, questions would have been asked re: the Papley sub.

And if he twangs this week …..
Hamstring (or calf) tightness isn’t actually a thing. Either you’ve hurt it or you haven’t. It’s a nonsense phrase specific to AFL. He’s half hurt his hamstring. Please. Sometimes you get aches during a game and get substituted because why risk it, but if he pulled up well, I don’t get why he shouldn’t play.

Holding his 7 iron….

Trevino is one of my all time fave golfers. Had the swing of an axe murderer and the delicate putting touch of a safe cracker.

Trevino is one of my all time fave golfers. Had the swing of an axe murderer and the delicate putting touch of a safe cracker.
My favourite Trevino quote is something l8ke this….” Pressure is trying to sink a putt for 2 bucks when you only have 1 buck in your pocket”

FFS. All this talk about the absolute trash we have umpiring tomorrow, I’m 4 rows from the fence and in prime “give the ump some advice” territory. Spent all of this week barely being able to communicate after blowing out my voice. This isn’t going to help. Desperately need us to have an easy win here or I think I may do permanent damage.

We are in a titanic struggle against the Crows, with finals on the line:

“Papley’s hammy is tight, better sub him off”.

Six days later …

“Papley’s hammy is fine, he’s ok to play”.

Given the stakes in the Crows game, it wasn’t a great time for the medicos and physios to get it wrong.

I cant blame Horse for subbing a player when we're 30 points up - we should have easily held on. Which is very very disappointing and a damning indictment on our current midfielders when the part time mid/small forward leaves a gaping hole.

IMG_6207.png

IMG_6209.png

Papley was still on the ground after the Crows kicked the 3 quick goals to open the last quarter (and he wasn’t moving well)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back