Game Day 2023 Round 09 Swans v Freo Saturday 13 May 1:45pm @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umpiring was despicable today. Handed Fremantle the momentum with that weird Fyfe free.

Fremantle should have won by more, umps didnt change anything

4.4 marks pg for the year Vs 3.9 career average.
It's ok. Improvement. But he's still not much. Maybe next year. I'm hopeful. We have to be.

To be fair, he is probably best i50 delivery in the team. Unfortunately cannot kick to himself

4.4 marks pg for the year Vs 3.9 career average.
It's ok. Improvement. But he's still not much. Maybe next year. I'm hopeful. We have to be.

right now he is a good young player

I presume you are hoping he becomes a superstar /star, and in that regard its only very rare glimpses

but the other slack i cut mcdonald is the delivery to him is shithouse

today's goal he had to go create the play in the middle then sprint back to mark it

hate to say it but they basically just did what I deep down expected pre game

this side is cooked
Season now has to be all about addressing our contested ball and clearance issues and finding out what our best midfield combination is. Also just getting more games into the young guns.

if people blame injuries even todays they have their head in the sand imo

I know most will disagree

but the way we play is shocking, its not injuries causing intent

if horse Praises intent again ill spew up

Season now has to be all about addressing our contested ball and clearance issues and finding out what our best midfield combination is. Also just getting more games into the young guns.

yep and competing for full games , which is lacking

I would like to see as you suggested i think, a real focus on making Heeney the man up forward too

Gulden is a gun. Could do with a few more of him. He may become the best ever player to have come from Sydney at this rate.

Mclean is an honest toiler. Every team needs a guy like Hayden.

Fox is the fantastic Mr Fox. Might be too old by the time the Tassie team gets up but if I was building their list to enter next year, he'd be one of the first guys I'd sign.

Clarke is now best 22. Another unsung member of our team who does his job. Can't accuse him of having a part in our current slump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden is a gun. Could do with a few more of him. He may become the best ever player to have come from Sydney at this rate.

Mclean is an honest toiler. Every team needs a guy like Hayden.

Fox is the fantastic Mr Fox. Might be too old by the time the Tassie team gets up but if I was building their list to enter next year, he'd be one of the first guys I'd sign.

Clarke is now best 22. Another unsung member of our team who does his job. Can't accuse him of having a part in our current slump.

clarkes been best 22 since last year

I am just surprised Rowbottom isn't freed up more by Clarke

fox is a true leader

if people blame injuries even todays they have their head in the sand imo

I know most will disagree

but the way we play is shocking, its not injuries causing intent

if horse Praises intent again ill spew up
Injuries are always going to have a massive impact on such a young side.
That can't be ignored, but there are clearly problems with our midfield that need to be worked out because that's where our problems start.

Injuries are always going to have a massive impact on such a young side.

That can't be ignored, but there are clearly problems with our midfield that need to be worked out because that's where our problems start.

Not saying ignore them at all, sure we can't expect to lose a few keys and be sitting in flag contention

But the way we play is a massive issue and nothing to do with injuries imo

Its not even the record itself , more that i am not sure any combo of players makes much difference, is that a hangover etc, maybe,

Not saying ignore them at all, sure we can't expect to lose a few keys and be sitting in flag contention

But the way we play is a massive issue and nothing to do with injuries imo

Its not even the record itself , more that i am not sure any combo of players makes much difference, is that a hangover etc, maybe,
Yeah I think we're a top 8 side without the injuries, but definitely not in contention again.

You think we might be losing by being outscored and just leaking goals

but our midfield and attack doesnt work at all

that pacy mid group and even forgetting buddy, a forward line with Heeney,Hayward, Papley and whoever else, should be able to score more easily

You think we might be losing by being outscored and just leaking goals

but our midfield and attack doesnt work at all

that pacy mid group and even forgetting buddy, a forward line with Heeney,Hayward, Papley and whoever else, should be able to score more easily
Horse is a very good coach who turns into David Noble when it comes to the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back