AFLW Round 10 v Brisbane, Saturday 4/11 @ Springfield 7.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Have only watched intermittently on my phone, but not a great showing. Lions are playing harder and more desperate than we are. Disappointing performance from us.
In fairness, it was always going to be a tough fixture but it’s damn disappointing given the potential of hosting a GF vs potentially travelling to Adelaide should the seedings hold through finals.

Same s* every year. Really disappointed
Last year we won a flag? And we did it the hard way then? If you're refering to missing top spot, then yeah i get it. But it's not entirely disapointing

Really didn't get our game going at all.

Brissy pressure fantastic. They often played someone behind the ball and we kicked it to them again and again.

None of our stars had much impact, constantly outnumbered and outran. Hopefully the loss "we had to have" before finals to sharpen them up.

I thought Pearce was poor at the centre ballups . This thing she does when she runs around the inner circle and turns her back to the opposing ruck has resulted in her being jumped over tonite , and for the most part giving the lions first opportunity to nullify our strong midfield. Around the ground Pearce was good but it seems like she just can't jump any more . Our kicking into the forward 50 again was a worry but the lions seemed hungrier tonite.

I thought Pearce was poor at the centre ballups . This thing she does when she runs around the inner circle and turns her back to the opposing ruck has resulted in her being jumped over tonite , and for the most part giving the lions first opportunity to nullify our strong midfield. Around the ground Pearce was good but it seems like she just can't jump any more . Our kicking into the forward 50 again was a worry but the lions seemed hungrier tonite.
Pearce i noticed in the Adelaide game too, can get jumped over by athletic rucks. She's a good tap ruck, but very grounded which has always been the case, but don't recall it being this noticable prior to this season

I really think we play better with cambell in our team, she's a bit more athletic and allows peace to rest without robbing us of a forward like zanker or harris to throw in there. I'm all for keeping Cambell in our team purely on stucture and rotation

Pearce i noticed in the Adelaide game too, can get jumped over by athletic rucks. She's a good tap ruck, but very grounded which has always been the case, but don't recall it being this noticable prior to this season

I really think we play better with cambell in our team, she's a bit more athletic and allows peace to rest without robbing us of a forward like zanker or harris to throw in there. I'm all for keeping Cambell in our team purely on stucture and rotation
I'd like to see Campbell in the team as well .

Last year we won a flag? And we did it the hard way then? If you're refering to missing top spot, then yeah i get it. But it's not entirely disapointing
Every season we choke in the H&A season that costs us top spot. How good would it be to see the girls play a GF at home? Every year we're favourites or 2nd favourites and can't get that home GF for the fans. That's the disappointment.

Every season we choke in the H&A season that costs us top spot. How good would it be to see the girls play a GF at home? Every year we're favourites or 2nd favourites and can't get that home GF for the fans. That's the disappointment.
I get the sentiment but reckon your being a tad harsh.

Brisbane up there was never going to be an easy task and the only other game lost was against the Crom who are a very good side.

Yes, it’s frustrating because it means relying on other results to potentially get a home GF but not fair imv to call this a choke.

I get the sentiment but reckon your being a tad harsh.

Brisbane up there was never going to be an easy task and the only other game lost was against the Crom who are a very good side.

Yes, it’s frustrating because it means relying on other results to potentially get a home GF but not fair imv to call this a choke.
Last game of the season, on top, comfortable favourites to win the game. Potential first home GF for the club in 23 years. Lions are a good side, but not that good. I'm comfortable calling it a choke. But again, we have a game like this every season that costs us. Not saying we can't win the flag, just that it's disappointing for the fans who'd love to see a home GF for the club. The girls had a huge opportunity to do that and were rather disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last game of the season, on top, comfortable favourites to win the game. Potential first home GF for the club in 23 years. Lions are a good side, but not that good. I'm comfortable calling it a choke. But again, we have a game like this every season that costs us. Not saying we can't win the flag, just that it's disappointing for the fans who'd love to see a home GF for the club. The girls had a huge opportunity to do that and were rather disappointing.
I agree our performance last night was disappointing, more so than the result. Brisbane are a good side and played very well. We never really got our game going, constantly flooding back with nothing going forward.

Not a complete surprise that we lost more that we did so playing so poorly.

I wouldn't say we're comfortable favourites. I didn't tip us to win. Brisbane are up and down this season but they're best is still very good. They've had a lonnnnnnnnng time to think on last year while waiting to play us again. They where always going to play this game on the edge and at a high level

I get it that Potentially missing a home grand final is disapointing. We still got home finals to win first. I know it's a clichie to take things one week a time, but it's finals now. Lets try and channel some passion and energy into the finals we can attend. Because looking 3-4 weeks in adavance is no good if we fall over in the first weeks of finals

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back