Prediction Round 11, 2024: Changes vs Kuwarna (Adelaide)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not that good for us. Dude is an absolute spud.
You could say Himmelberg is... a disaster.

csi miami GIF

Think Allen's best spot will be CHF... Waterman is killing it directly in front of goals, I wouldn't be moving him from FF or forward pocket drifting across with JWilliams as FF.
Exactly. Oscar has to be CHF with B Williams.

Only 1 of these can play. Darling, Maric and J William's..Don't forget E Hewett and J Culley will shortly be best 22 and will also play fwd minutes..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeo for Sheed, or LEdwards if Ginbey goes back to his 50/50 wing/inside mid role
No other changes

Culley doesnt have a spot in the team, he can sit in the WAFL until we get an injury and hopefully another club is keen on him and willing to offer something reasonable in a trade at the end of the year

Yeo for Sheed, or LEdwards if Ginbey goes back to his 50/50 wing/inside mid role
No other changes

Culley doesnt have a spot in the team, he can sit in the WAFL until we get an injury and hopefully another club is keen on him and willing to offer something reasonable in a trade at the end of the year

Wrong on Culley. A young guy who has shown he can be versatile mid/fwd and kicked 4 before injury hit last year. Then had a 20+2 game while coming back in the wafl side that got thumped. I wouldn’t be rushing him out the door just yet, sheesh

Wrong on Culley. A young guy who has shown he can be versatile mid/fwd and kicked 4 before injury hit last year. Then had a 20+2 game while coming back in the wafl side that got thumped. I wouldn’t be rushing him out the door just yet, sheesh
Who does he eventually come in for?

Hes not a winger so not Chesser or LEdwards.
If we are running Allen, Waterman, Maric and a backup ruck in the forward line we wont bring in another 190cm+ guy, I didnt even mention Darling either.
Hes too slow to be a pressure/small forward like Cripps, Long, Petch or Ryan.
Hes fighting Reid, Ginbey, Yeo and Kelly for inside mid time- hes got no chance. Next year we have Hewett to come in too who is also a mid/fwd and will get priority. If Yeo leaves maybe theres an opening however.
Then our 2024 1st pick will need games, along with any trade targets like Baker

Hes ideal trade bait for a vic club needing a young big bodied mid, because the alternative is WAFL hoping that we cop a few injuries.
If nobody wanted id be happy to hold him as I think he will still be a player, but cant see where he fits in long term tbh

Last year watching the Beagles in Mandurah, Dewar was the only one who impressed me. Looks to have great poise and skills, just hope he can rise to the occasion at AFL. Hope he has a breakout game soon!
I like the look of him too.

But give him a bit of rope on the breakout game, he’s only played 1 and a fraction of a game and done ok so far.

Hes fighting Reid, Ginbey, Yeo and Kelly for inside mid time- hes got no chance. Next year we have Hewett to come in too who is also a mid/fwd and will get priority. If Yeo leaves maybe theres an opening however.

Elliot Yeo turns 31 before the end of the year and has an extensive injury history. Tim Kelly turns 30 before the end of the year. It's decidedly possible they will both be out of the team in two years, at which point Culley will be 22, which is peak age for most midfielders.

If we are running Allen, Waterman, Maric and a backup ruck in the forward line we wont bring in another 190cm+ guy, I didnt even mention Darling either.

Hes ideal trade bait for a vic club needing a young big bodied mid, because the alternative is WAFL hoping that we cop a few injuries.
If nobody wanted id be happy to hold him as I think he will still be a player, but cant see where he fits in long term tbh
You don't just push someone out who's showing promise, when your 2 senior mids aren't far off retirement themselves.

Especially someone who can play both forward and mid.

He wouldnt be worth anything as he's barely played and only a mid season draft pick. May as well keep him to see how he goes.

I like Culley's flexibility though.

He can play inside mid, wing or go forward and hit the scoreboard. That's handy in a side.
Absolutely... Culley is important. He stays. Every premiership team needs a 'bit player'.. someone that's flexible and you can move around to plug a hole and do 'a job' successfully. Culley absolutely could be that player.

This is an alarmingly bad take. You are basically saying who does a still slightly underdone Culley come in for this week - or else he’s trade bait. First off we have no idea what his ceiling is as he’s had an injury interrupted & short time at the club.

Kelly / Yeo / Sheed will not play forever. Maybe the newly invigorated negating mid role that Sheed played on the weekend against Clarry is a useful one that Culley could play successor to, maybe sooner than we think.

Could be our next Reddo or Pridda and has little trade value yet due to limited exposure and you are thinking out now?

No way I’m trading Culley right now if I’m West Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back