Review Round 11, 2024 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Marshall 5 marks I50 for 5.0. He was striking the ball sweetly.

More of this please Todd rather than the wishy washy stuff you pull out every 3rd or 4th game and get too close to the man on the mark or just miss kick the ball.

We kicked 10.6 from our 18 marks inside 50 and 2.0 from frees inside 50. 12.6 from set shots this week is a big improvement.

Last edited:
Were there even 3,000 people at the game? I see the crowd figure isnt even up yet. Probably wont come out until Tuesday to try and bury it.

Tasmaians wont support a dud team given they are getting their own team. Hawks are still pulling between 9k and 12k crowds but thats down from 15k to 17k when they won 3 in a row and got a few 19k crowds in 2008.

The AFL has to start scheduling decent games down there as a promo for the build up to the Devils coming into the comp. And Tassie government has to save some $$$ for its own team and not throw money at North and the Hawks.

? Is that in relation to anything specific?
During his exit meeting last year, the Coaches accused him of moping around the club and having poor body language.

Must have particularly stung coming from a coach who sits on the bench with his hands in his pockets, with all the intensity of a pensioner wondering when his bus is coming.

How bad are Norf? They’ve probably gone backwards under the leadership of the angry gnome.

Terrible game to watch, barely AFL standard at times.

I have a lot of admiration for Trav, but it’s probably fitting that he’s played the majority of his career under Ken. He’s just never been able to deliver when it matters most. Great player, great bloke, but far from champion material.

We are carrying a few players who are woefully out of form, but the rise of Burgoyne & Mead is more than pleasing.

Your admiration shows when you knock his career with more of the 'never delivers when it matters most' BS after a game that he played well in.

Slow news week for the Boak knockers society.

During his exit meeting last year, the Coaches accused him of moping around the club and having poor body language.

Must have particularly stung coming from a coach who sits on the bench with his hands in his pockets, with all the intensity of a pensioner wondering when his bus is coming.

Legit?
Never heard that

Legit?
Never heard that
Be interesting to know exactly what was said and by which coach/coaches. I always saw him as more shy and a bit reserved than moping. The players seem to love him, watching them playing alongside him, and he seems happy out there, just a bit less effusive than some.

Be interesting to know exactly what was said and by which coach/coaches. I always saw him as more shy and a bit reserved than moping.
Not sure Kenny and Chadbro can tell the difference. That's why we forced out one of the most talented players to ever walk through the doors because he liked playing Fortnite more than barbecues with the lads.

Would it shock you to hear that Dixon has kicked a total of 6 goals against north for his entire port career.
Would it shock you to know that over his entire career Charlie averages MORE goals against North than Todd? 1.8 vs 1.4? Or that Charlie has kicked 7 against them in 2015?

Just as well games against North don't count :p

Looked every bit like an SANFL crowd. When Tasmania gets it's side up and running you wonder where to next for North. They cannot keep playing games in Tassie as no one will show up. Maybe Darwin or Canberra beckon?
Indonesia. The Kuta Kangaroos.

Do you reckon Norf supporters truly understand how much every other club and their supporters ignore their existence? I don't think they genuinely realise how much they could disappear tomorrow and no one would even ask "wait, anyone seen norf recently?"
What, north are still around? I thought they folded years ago…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall 5 marks I50 for 5.0. He was striking the ball sweetly.

More of this please Todd rather than the wishy washy stuff you pull out every 3rd or 4th game and get too close to the man on the mark or just miss kick the ball.

We kicked 10.6 from our 18 marks inside 50 and 2.0 from frees inside 50. 12.6 from set shots this week is a big improvement.

Trouble is when they put Dixon back in the team it hinders his progression.

I felt like we were playing two different game plans yesterday.

When we get the ball moving and lift our eyes how simple does it look to hit Todd lace out on a strong lead, for the most part though we still bomb it in rather than being a little more patient. This all revolves around the Dixon mentality. Even when we are 70m out we still bomb it in most of the time. They seem happy that a million entries will eventuate into goals as opposed to efficiency.

Looked every bit like an SANFL crowd. When Tasmania gets it's side up and running you wonder where to next for North. They cannot keep playing games in Tassie as no one will show up. Maybe Darwin or Canberra beckon?

Dogs, Saints, Roos need their home grounds back.

Hard to say, but you’ll have to be a little naive to think Reid will actually play out his entire AFL career in WA.
I actually think that it is as likely as it is unlikely.

A lot of the Victorian football bullies, who think they run the game, like to make comments, but he is a 19 year old lad, give him a chance to make his own decisions.

If WC can build a solid team around him before he hits feee agency, I’m tipping he will stay, as I’m not sure any club would have the trade collateral to suit WC before then.

Remember they turned down multiple first rounders over multiple years for an unproven talent.

If true that is flat out bullying and possibly even racism (and I'm not the type of person to see everything as racist). Connection and authenticity except when you're not one of the jocks.

If true that is flat out bullying and possibly even racism (and I'm not the type of person to see everything as racist). Connection and authenticity except when you're not one of the jocks.
There was an article in Code Sport during the week.

Burgoyne was told his body language makes him look disinterested. It was never an attitude or effort thing, just how it looked externally.

Is this about Jase?
Who cares, it had the desired effect.

Good second half by the boys. JHF played 4 qtrs, excellent game. He's in top form atm. Team got the job done so credit to them. Real test comes next week. Was surprised how bad North were with the exception of a few top end players.

Last edited:
Burgoyne was told his body language makes him look disinterested. It was never an attitude or effort thing, just how it looked externally.
If they train that body language analyser machine on Finlayson it'll disappear in a cloud of smoke and sparks in a microsecond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back