Preview Round 11 - Hawthorn v Brisbane 1.10pm Sunday -Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fort for Hipwood swap seems the most logical and yet it fills me with dread. Darcy didn't offer much the last time we gave him a run so if that's the move he's the sub for mine and roll the dice.

At the risk of being that guy, I'd almost be willing to give Smith a run. I saw that he was at rehab a few days ago but it doesn't show up on the injury list? He's raw but he's got that versatility of ruck and forward as well as being a bit more dynamic than Fort.

If we are trialling youth while we are in this phase, at a ground we don't mind and team we SHOULD beat, what's another fresh face?

Anyone able to pass on a summary of this article?

I get needling about once a month (30+injections) for locked in muscle spasms. Horrible getting them, but 60 minutes later it's like having a new body (although still beat up. I'm very broken).

Is zorko saying similar maintenance or is he talking specific injury? And who does he go to? I'm always looking for back up practitioners.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-05-23-13-28-19-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-05-23-13-28-19-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 21

I get needling about once a month (30+injections) for locked in muscle spasms. Horrible getting them, but 60 minutes later it's like having a new body (although still beat up. I'm very broken).

Is zorko saying similar maintenance or is he talking specific injury? And who does he go to? I'm always looking for back up practitioners.
Got a link?

He goes to this guy https://bostockinstitute.com/

I think he’s been doing it for sometime. It’s not something he has just started doing. I thought it was because his body was breaking down eg getting calf issues etc and this has helped him reverse that somehow.

I think he’s been doing it for sometime. It’s not something he has just started doing. I thought it was because his body was breaking down eg getting calf issues etc and this has helped him reverse that somehow.

Supercoach/Fantasy nuts overreacting to social media gets written up as a story? Perish the thought that journalism as come to this!

Supercoach/Fantasy nuts overreacting to social media gets written up as a story? Perish the thought that journalism as come to this!

Wasnt the needling thing a story last year? They’re a bit late to the party. Maybe it’s because half of SuperCoach has just traded a 35yr old in (including me).

For the record I haven’t read the above story. I just saw the pic of the zork on his needling bed lol

Thanks. Looked it up - it's dry needling. I get lignocaine and saline needling but will give it a try sometime. Bloody wonderful stuff.

The rubber bands and paperclips I call my body need all the help I can provide.

Wasnt the needling thing a story last year? They’re a bit late to the party. Maybe it’s because half of SuperCoach has just traded a 35yr old in (including me).

For the record I haven’t read the above story. I just saw the pic of the zork on his needling bed lol
Was at a training session at the start of last year and someone very close to Dayne told me that he had been seeing a “Witch Doctor” and was feeling so much better after starting with him or her.

For the record: I haven’t read the above article either.

Thanks. Looked it up - it's dry needling. I get lignocaine and saline needling but will give it a try sometime. Bloody wonderful stuff.

The rubber bands and paperclips I call my body need all the help I can provide.
I used to get dry needling here, great service although I don’t know where you are, but sadly for me she has moved to the Sunshine Coast

Does anyone know if there is a bay on level 1 you can sit in as GA members at Marvel?

AFL website says limited availability on Level 3 this week for GA ( bit surprising) but game day info from the lions says aisle 31 on Level 1 is for GA Lions members. Go lions!

Fagan mentioned Bailey will play if he gets through training.
Channel 10 news just now mentioned Bailey did get through training so we can expect Bailey to play.

Fagan on Channel 10 (after training i assume) said still to decide if they bring in a tall mentioning Fort, Smith and Ryan or go smaller with Rayner as the 3rd tall.
Find out in 40 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan mentioned Bailey will play if he gets through training.
Channel 10 news just now mentioned Bailey did get through training so we can expect Bailey to play.

Fagan on Channel 10 (after training i assume) said still to decide if they bring in a tall mentioning Fort, Smith and Ryan or go smaller with Rayner as the 3rd tall.
Find out in 40 minutes.
Probably another 23 hours unfortunately. I don't think the squad of 26 is going to give away much at all unfortunately.

The named extended bench which the final 4 interchange always comes from >

[4] Callum Ah Chee,[22] Harry Sharp,[24] Brandon Ryan,[25] Henry Smith,[29] James Tunstill,[33] Zac Bailey,[41] Darragh Joyce,[43] Noah Answerth.

Ah Chee, Bailey and Answerth are near certain to play IMO, so the 4th spot on the bench to come from the others, personally I hope they go with Harry Sharp.

Disappointed for Shadeau Brain although needs a full game, probably why he is being given a reserves game.

So Bailey in and one of Ryan or HSmith with Answerth the sub?

Or Bailey and Tunstill in as the sub?
They surely wouldn't have both Ryan and Smith as emergencies if the 22 will only have Daniher and Morris as tall forwards. Particularly as Joyce is also there to cover a tall defender withdrawal. So I'm certain one of the two will be in. I hope it's Smith, because he's ready to get a taste of senior football, while Ryan has been alright but not spectacular in the VFL. Taken some good grabs but also made mistakes.

There was a segment on 7 near the start of the season where he said he was doing it generally to help his body but not for anything specific.

They surely wouldn't have both Ryan and Smith as emergencies if the 22 will only have Daniher and Morris as tall forwards. I'm certain one of the two will be in. I hope it's Smith, because he's ready to get a taste of senior football, while Ryan has been alright but not spectacular in the VFL. Taken some good grabs but also made mistakes.

Either way it’s another debutant for the club which is much more exciting than Fort.

Ah Chee, Bailey and Answerth are near certain to play IMO, so the 4th spot on the bench to come from the others, personally I hope they go with Harry Sharp.
I agree with the first part. For the fourth spot, let's use some logic here: they are not going to have every single emergency be a tall, because it would change the structure of the side and the game plan at short notice if a small has to withdraw and be replaced by a tall. Logically, they'll replace Hipwood with another tall forward, so the fourth will be either Ryan or Smith. I reckon Sharp is the sub.

The named extended bench which the final 4 interchange always comes from >

[4] Callum Ah Chee,[22] Harry Sharp,[24] Brandon Ryan,[25] Henry Smith,[29] James Tunstill,[33] Zac Bailey,[41] Darragh Joyce,[43] Noah Answerth.

Disappointed for Shadeau Brain although needs a full game, probably why he is being given a reserves game.

5 not 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back