Round 11 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps is a possible in for me next week. Just have to figure out how to fund it.
Don't really want to trade Walsh out as he will be my M9 for the remainder of season.

Hore and Miers out

Baker and Whit in

Am I insane for considering trading in a debut player (Gardner) over a bubble player (Young) ?
That 18 last week really worries me (although looking into Gardner he's not much of a scorer himself)

Leaning towards
O'Brien --> Young (managed to survive with Bines F8 for O'Briens duration)
Gibbons --> J.Kelly (how Gibbons ended up an on-field player I have no idea)

Rocky and M.Crouch on the bench this week, but overall only 2 rookies (Hore and Duursma) on ground now and 16 trades. The latter of which should become Cripps next week.

Am I insane for considering trading in a debut player (Gardner) over a bubble player (Young) ?
That 18 last week really worries me (although looking into Gardner he's not much of a scorer himself)

Leaning towards

Rocky and M.Crouch on the bench this week, but overall only 2 rookies (Hore and Duursma) on ground now and 16 trades. The latter of which should become Cripps next week.

Young isn't even 100% yet. If he plays this week after last week he should we a few games.

Young isn't even 100% yet. If he plays this week after last week he should we a few games.
Yep, got Gardner in at this stage but will switch to Young if he's named (I don't reckon he will be, how many small forwards do St Kilda need ?)

My side is somehow still ranked in the Top 30, with 16 trades left after this week

B: Lloyd, Whitfield, Stewart, Witherden, Smith, Hore (Answerth, Hinge)
C: Treloar, J.Kelly, Taranto, Sloane, M.Crouch, Rockliff, Brayshaw, Duursma (Atkins, Scott, Stocker)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
F: Dangerfield, Kelly, Boak, Dunkley, Worpel, Greene (Balta, Gardner)

Just the two rookies to take care of then turn Smith, Brayshaw and Greene into bench cover.

Yep, got Gardner in at this stage but will switch to Young if he's named (I don't reckon he will be, how many small forwards do St Kilda need ?)

My side is somehow still ranked in the Top 30, with 16 trades left after this week

B: Lloyd, Whitfield, Stewart, Witherden, Smith, Hore (Answerth, Hinge)
C: Treloar, J.Kelly, Taranto, Sloane, M.Crouch, Rockliff, Brayshaw, Duursma (Atkins, Scott, Stocker)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
F: Dangerfield, Kelly, Boak, Dunkley, Worpel, Greene (Balta, Gardner)

Just the two rookies to take care of then turn Smith, Brayshaw and Greene into bench cover.
I'm ranked 24 and our only differences are:
B: I have Laird and Duursma HE has Stewart and Witherton
M: I have Macrae and Stack HE has Sloane and Duursma
Rucks and Forwards are the same.

Leaning towards

Considering Gardner has DPP, no, I'm likely doing it in SC as Hinge got dropped

Not many R12 defenders around, so if he gets through this week he could be a warm body in a problem position

Man taking Young last week stunk, he better play on Sunday

Was so worried I'd cop a donut in midfield or forward that I just had to take him, so if I did cop a donut I had back up options via DPP

Didn't need Young in the end, fielded him over Parker :( should've taken Binesy last week

Probably could have grabbed Gardner this week had I not made the howler on Young, anyways

No Hinge = probably not bothering on Baker now, got a few R13 forwards and defenders already. Not sure if Baker will be much better than Hayes, so would rather wait for a Snelling or Bewley or someone instead

Likely will stick with this Hore and Scrimshaw to Whitfield and Bines move, got 3 FWD/MIDs in midfield now, lol

Might make a corrective trade somewhere next week or try and grab a rock bottom Cripps somehow via ROB and move Binesy to R3 and 1 of them midfield MID/FWDs back in the forward line, then I'll smash out the upgrades from R13-15

Might take Gardner next week even if no downgrade rookies are around and just plonk him on the DEF bench and swing Burgess forward where I'll likely need him, could work out ok if Young plays through the byes...

Man taking Young last week stunk, he better play on Sunday

Was so worried I'd cop a donut in midfield or forward that I just had to take him, so if I did cop a donut I had back up options via DPP
Ditto.

So... correct me if I'm wrong here, Rocky is def out despite being named on the extended Port bench. Butters better get a run.

Was going to do Scrimshaw -> Baker, and bring in a prem mid for Stack but I'm on the edge of copping a mid or fwd donut so I've gotta leave Stack playing. Without trading him, I can't really get the cash for the premo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ditto.

So... correct me if I'm wrong here, Rocky is def out despite being named on the extended Port bench. Butters better get a run.

Was going to do Scrimshaw -> Baker, and bring in a prem mid for Stack but I'm on the edge of copping a mid or fwd donut so I've gotta leave Stack playing. Without trading him, I can't really get the cash for the premo.
Yep, them stinky bloody Sunday games just kill ya when waiting on players

Cogs is on my s**t list now Bandicoot :D

Reminds me of my love hate relationship with Luke Parker, I'll get sucked in by him some years, then when I take him he proceeds to play forward or just scores inconsistently, Heeney in the same boat too, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now with his ankle/Buddy being out etc.

Yep, them stinky bloody Sunday games just kill ya

Cogs is on my **** list now Bandicoot :D
Considering returning Rocky to said list. If he misses this week, that's 2 in a row. With the state of my team that's not really worth the hold, plus would result in a bit more leftover cash for the byes.

Considering returning Rocky to said list. If he misses this week, that's 2 in a row. With the state of my team that's not really worth the hold, plus would result in a bit more leftover cash for the byes.
Yeah he's love hate, but at least over the years he's delivered at times

I've got him in SC, can cover him this week via DPP switcharoos or hope Hately gets a late call up

Yeah he's love hate, but at least over the years he's delivered at times

I've got him in SC, can cover him this week via DPP switcharoos or hope Hately gets a late call up
Yeah I've had a s**t run with rookie selections this year, so coverage is thin. Keeping an eye on Hately, but it seems like Cameron has him as "not quite there yet".

Might get shot down for this, but thinking:

Duursma - Gardner & Lockhart - J Kelly or
Hore - Gardner & Lockhart - Taranto/Yeo

Can't get Kelly with Hore and can't get someone like Baker in with any of those scenarios.

So who is more expendable at this time, Hore or Duursma, is my dilemma. As for who is coming in, they will all improve my midfield out of sight.

By the way, Jordan Clark from Geelong will be onfield for a week or two in my backline, so hopeful rather than confident of some reasonable scoring there.

Any thoughts?

Might get shot down for this, but thinking:

Duursma - Gardner & Lockhart - J Kelly or
Hore - Gardner & Lockhart - Taranto/Yeo

Can't get Kelly with Hore and can't get someone like Baker in with any of those scenarios.

So who is more expendable at this time, Hore or Duursma, is my dilemma. As for who is coming in, they will all improve my midfield out of sight.

By the way, Jordan Clark from Geelong will be onfield for a week or two in my backline, so hopeful rather than confident of some reasonable scoring there.

Any thoughts?

I would keep Durrsma over Hore. His breakeven is lower and Port have the bye next week, when you should have more players on field available..Durrsma still has some $$ to make...

Hore's game is more suited to SC...He just doesn't seem to get enough of the ball to score over 75 in this format and will max out in price this week.

You can't go wrong with either Taranto or Yeo..both have shown they go score 130+..however, yeo seems more reliant on tackles... i can't see him averaging 16 tackles a game for the rest of the season like he has the previous 2 weeks...it may come down to your bye structure...

I would keep Durrsma over Hore. His breakeven is lower and Port have the bye next week, when you should have more players on field available..Durrsma still has some $$ to make...

Hore's game is more suited to SC...He just doesn't seem to get enough of the ball to score over 75 in this format and will max out in price this week.

You can't go wrong with either Taranto or Yeo..both have shown they go score 130+..however, yeo seems more reliant on tackles... i can't see him averaging 16 tackles a game for the rest of the season like he has the previous 2 weeks...it may come down to your bye structure...

Thanks for the reply, excellent points. Hore does seem the more obvious choice to trade. Really wanted Kelly, but Taranto isn't a bad back up plan.

Yeah I've had a **** run with rookie selections this year, so coverage is thin. Keeping an eye on Hately, but it seems like Cameron has him as "not quite there yet".
Pretty much the only rookie in SC that I've missed is Stack and to a lesser extent Larkey

Got most of it right over there, took Liam Baker, took Hore, took ROB, avoided taking Young last week who burnt thousands looking for Danger cover and I'm sitting just over 1500 there and well set for the byes, even with a very mediocre midfield with a heap of subpremium type of scoring coming from Oliver, Brayspud, Rocky and Libba (only Cripps, Walsh and Sloane are rocking up most weeks), my other three lines are very strong though along with some decent rookie efforts as of late.

In DT I've had a shocker though since the first month, coinciding with half a dozen deciding to turn into midpricers like Heeney, Brayspud, Cogs, Newnes, Witherden etc

The byes are my best friend now in order to burn through trades and fix things up, might even get lucky and put a competitive score up one of these weeks...

Not sure if I should bite the bullet and sideways cogs or Bray to gaff.

Can't see cogs moving back to the mids.
Bray's role doesn't look like changing unless Oliver, Jones, harmes, Viney go down.

Not sure if I should bite the bullet and sideways cogs or Bray to gaff.

Can't see cogs moving back to the mids.
Bray's role doesn't look like changing unless Oliver, Jones, harmes, Viney go down.
Brayshaw was moved back on ball after half time last week, who knows, maybe he might produce if Goodwin finally figures out Brayshaw and Oliver had the right chemistry in the guts.

I don't think I can afford to sideways Cogs/Brayshaw I think they'll just be M8-9 rotation unless they get injured medium-long term

Brayshaw was moved back on ball after half time last week, who knows, maybe he might produce if Goodwin finally figures out Brayshaw and Oliver had the right chemistry in the guts.

I don't think I can afford to sideways Cogs/Brayshaw I think they'll just be M8-9 rotation unless they get injured medium-long term

Yeah I'm down to 15 trades this week.

1 rookie fwd, Walsh m8
And Smith, Williams and 2 rookies def.

So abit of work but should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back