Round 11

Remove this Banner Ad

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
In a massive upset, Nightcliff has defeated the Tiwi Bombers by approximately 15 points. They were trailing by 43 points at one stage in the final quarter but somehow managed to kick ten last quarter goals. Sam Liston was the star kicking six.

Duane Annable dominated the Buffaloes back-line today kicking ten goals. Waratah won by approximately 115 points.

In another shocking result, Palmerston trashed St Marys by 79 points. Peter Shepherd kicked six and his brother kicked three. Big Lance Whitnall also kicked three however didn't have the impact thaty you would expect from an ex-AFL player. McLaren looked very impressive at the hit-outs.

Southen Districts won 25.17.(167) to 8.12.(60) today against Wanderers. Clint Kelly kicked nine and Steele Viti kicked five.

Safe to say that it was a big day for goalkickers and a pretty good day for footy.

In a massive upset, Nightcliff has defeated the Tiwi Bombers by approximately 15 points. They were trailing by 43 points at one stage in the final quarter but somehow managed to kick ten last quarter goals. Sam Liston was the star kicking six.

Duane Annable dominated the Buffaloes back-line today kicking ten goals. Waratah won by approximately 115 points.

In another shocking result, Palmerston trashed St Marys by 79 points. Peter Shepherd kicked six and his brother kicked three. Big Lance Whitnall also kicked three however didn't have the impact thaty you would expect from an ex-AFL player. McLaren looked very impressive at the hit-outs.

Southen Districts won 25.17.(167) to 8.12.(60) today against Wanderers. Clint Kelly kicked nine and Steele Viti kicked five.

Safe to say that it was a big day for goalkickers and a pretty good day for footy.

A name that is'nt familiar to me and maybe to others is Steele Viti; whats his story !? is he a local !? aboriginal....from out of town, whats his game like!?

Peter Shepherd's brother....is that Damian !? has he only been up there the last couple of rounds.
Damian spent half a season down at Millicent - S.A in the WBFL whilst he generally had a disapointing stay there he did show in about 3-4 games that he could play the game.
Whether it was forward or back he surprizingly showed enough that he was thereabouts.
Given that Millicent was a very poorly run side this year and the past six out of seven years it would'nt surprize a few of us that if Damians in a finals type team with good players around him that he might do good.

A name that is'nt familiar to me and maybe to others is Steele Viti; whats his story !? is he a local !? aboriginal....from out of town, whats his game like!?

Peter Shepherd's brother....is that Damian !? has he only been up there the last couple of rounds.
Damian spent half a season down at Millicent - S.A in the WBFL whilst he generally had a disapointing stay there he did show in about 3-4 games that he could play the game.
Whether it was forward or back he surprizingly showed enough that he was thereabouts.
Given that Millicent was a very poorly run side this year and the past six out of seven years it would'nt surprize a few of us that if Damians in a finals type team with good players around him that he might do good.

Pretty sure Steele Viti is from Peel Thunder. He wont be playing for Southern Districts again until the finals as he has gone back for pre-season. Yes he is Aboriginal. He is a pretty good player, looks a little un-fit but is classy and knows where the goals are.

Damien Shepherd is an interesting one because he played for University in the TEAFA competition, which is a couple of steps below the NTFL standard wise, and didn't dominate there. I guess he is more of a reciever type and would benefit from better players in his team. Palmerston look to be in a good position and depending how the go in the next couple of weeks, may even be a premiership contender. They will get Ben Haynes and Justin Wilson back from the side that beat St Marys by 79 points.

Pretty sure Steele Viti is from Peel Thunder. He wont be playing for Southern Districts again until the finals as he has gone back for pre-season. Yes he is Aboriginal. He is a pretty good player, looks a little un-fit but is classy and knows where the goals are.

Damien Shepherd is an interesting one because he played for University in the TEAFA competition, which is a couple of steps below the NTFL standard wise, and didn't dominate there. I guess he is more of a reciever type and would benefit from better players in his team. Palmerston look to be in a good position and depending how the go in the next couple of weeks, may even be a premiership contender. They will get Ben Haynes and Justin Wilson back from the side that beat St Marys by 79 points.
Definetly a receiver but will also throw out a hip & shoulder if need be, yet he doesnt like to tackle more hangs on to players rather than tackles.
Very imature for his age and needs to be told alot, also not good with money.

No Christmas break this year?

All the games were yesterday and there are now no games until the 1st weekend in january.

I suspect that is the reason for the strangish results, i think players have turned off for Xmas.

IT was dead in the city last night. Ducks, Shenanigans, Monssons, Fox, Deck, were all dead. as was Hanuman. It is the quietest I've ever seen it on a Sat night in Darwin. EVER.

All the games were yesterday and there are now no games until the 1st weekend in january.

I suspect that is the reason for the strangish results, i think players have turned off for Xmas.

IT was dead in the city last night. Ducks, Shenanigans, Monssons, Fox, Deck, were all dead. as was Hanuman. It is the quietest I've ever seen it on a Sat night in Darwin. EVER.

I suspect your one of a few st marys supporters who like to think their club is worthy. When they lose they start to make excuses like their players turned off for christmas. good luck because youll be needing it.

May I add that stmarys are struggling. They rely on help from the umpires and recruiting players and paying them money, and they dont deserve to be in the competition. Nothing is better than to see them go down.

unlucky.:cool::eek::eek::cool:

May I add that stmarys are struggling. They rely on help from the umpires and recruiting players and paying them money, and they dont deserve to be in the competition. Nothing is better than to see them go down.

Actually your mob have their share of recruits this season.

St Marys are a good side but i am sick of people mmaking poor old excuses for them! Grey Morris from the NT NEWS is someone who alwayz has an excuse for them if they lose! He said in the paper that St Marys had players missing and i wanna know who they are? Maybe Ryan Smith but he never dominates opposition Ruckman and the fella thats been playing in the Ruck has done a better job than Smith!

You are an idiot.

EVERY CLUB in the NTFL has recruits and lots of them. Otherwise it would be a league of short people. Even Tiwi has recruits!!!

Historically two clubs have had the least recruits are Saints and Darwin.

Palmerston/North Darwin, Waratahs, Wanderers have usually been the most recruit heavy and have really only won with lots of recruits. Nightcliff have been a non-issue not having won anything for 60 years. and seriously, Whitnall, McLaren and the other dude are flying themselves to Darwin every week to play and then home after the game and playing for free:confused::confused:

But really everyone has recruits. And it's a glass house if you want to go there.

To be honest, seanoff, I reckon Saints always have their fair share of recruits. Buffs probably don't have the money to recruit.

Saints were without Karl Lohde and Ryan Smith plus Cameron Ilett could return to play with them if he can get permission from Belconnen so they are fairly handy players but I would take Justin Wilson and Ben Haynes over them any day.

Justin Wilson and Ben Haynes are to play for Palmerston.

Does anyone know how serious Shannon Masters' knee injury is? He was trying to knock it back in place in a similar way to Daryn Creswell.

To be honest, seanoff, I reckon Saints always have their fair share of recruits. Buffs probably don't have the money to recruit.

Saints were without Karl Lohde and Ryan Smith plus Cameron Ilett could return to play with them if he can get permission from Belconnen so they are fairly handy players but I would take Justin Wilson and Ben Haynes over them any day.

Justin Wilson and Ben Haynes are to play for Palmerston.

But you cannot accuse one club of doing it, when everyone does it and in Palmerstons case, in the most egregious fashion. That was my point, all clubs do it.

"May I add that stmarys are struggling. They rely on help from the umpires and recruiting players and paying them money, and they dont deserve to be in the competition" LOL

Seriously, Wanderers are only good when they recruit heavily, same with Tahs. And can Palmerston maintain that level of spending. I really doubt it, because they haven't before and got into huge trouble, because players of that class are not cheap and paying return airfares starts to add up when you're doing it weekly. If the NTFL turns into an arms race there will be only a few survivors and one of them will be Saints.

SD would not be half the side they have been for the last few years without heavy recruiting. Waratahs the same. Tiwi would be struggling without their big fellas.

Everyone does it, and to call out one club is ridiculous. Saints are the most successful club in the NTFL by some margin, and yes recruits have added to the clubs success, but Saints have also had a very very very (the most) successful junior program pretty much since the club was founded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you have a point when you say that every club does it but Tiwi would still be a good side if you take out Cameron Betts, Broc McCauly (sp?) and that other Southport bloke.

Tiwi and Saints would be the best teams if you take out interstate recruits.

However it is pointless to talk about recruits. If clubs are rich enough or 'good' enough to recruit these players then well done. It happens in most leagues.

But you cannot accuse one club of doing it, when everyone does it and in Palmerstons case, in the most egregious fashion. That was my point, all clubs do it.

"May I add that stmarys are struggling. They rely on help from the umpires and recruiting players and paying them money, and they dont deserve to be in the competition" LOL

Seriously, Wanderers are only good when they recruit heavily, same with Tahs. And can Palmerston maintain that level of spending. I really doubt it, because they haven't before and got into huge trouble, because players of that class are not cheap and paying return airfares starts to add up when you're doing it weekly. If the NTFL turns into an arms race there will be only a few survivors and one of them will be Saints.

SD would not be half the side they have been for the last few years without heavy recruiting. Waratahs the same. Tiwi would be struggling without their big fellas.

Everyone does it, and to call out one club is ridiculous. Saints are the most successful club in the NTFL by some margin, and yes recruits have added to the clubs success, but Saints have also had a very very very (the most) successful junior program pretty much since the club was founded.

There is no doubt that records show that St Marys is the most successful club but I wouldnt say Saints junior program is any better then a number of other clubs.

Saints have had a number of good juniors over the years mainly due to their links with St Johns/Tiwi and with families tied to the club not as the result of any specific junior program.

Also when I good young player comes to town they sometimes elect to play with a strong club eg. Tom Frawley.

Most NTFL clubs in Darwin do not do anything specific with their juniors except get the occassional league player or coach to run a training session although Palmerston established some sort of specified training program earlier this year for certain juniors with the potential to become league players but I am not sure how that is progressing.

but Saints have also had a very very very (the most) successful junior program pretty much since the club was founded.
Yes and we know how Peter Adamson used to go around to all the schools and tell all the kids that if they had ambitions to play Junior Representative footy for the NT, they'd have a much better chance if they played for St. Marys :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back