Preview Round 12: Essendon Bombers vs The Gold Campaigners* - Thirsty People Stadium - Sunday 2nd June - 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In- Hayes, Bryan, Shiel
Out- Cox, Goldstein, Kelly

B- Ridley McKay Hayes
HB- McGrath Laverde Redman
C- Martin Merrett Durham
HF- Perkins Stringer Gresham
F- Langford Wright Guelfi
FOLL- Bryan Tsatsas Caldwell
I/C- Caddy, Shiel, Hind, Davey
Sub- Heppell
Emerg- Roberts, Reid, Jones, Menzie

Need mature bodies. That’s how Carlton quelled their mids. Either him or Shiel if we have to play Bryan who will get pushed around by Witts.
Caldwell, Perkins and Durham looked tired last night. Not having Parish and Setterfield in there is taking its toll.

Shiel has to play for mine, and Setterfield if fit. Cox with a hammy and maybe Heppell getting a rest (Kelly goes back) is the way to fit them in.

Surprised people are calling for Caddy straight out - thought he was better than Jones’s past few weeks.

I’d consider dropping Kelly this week. He was really poor - got pushed out of contests way too easily by the likes of Bolton and Baker. Shouldn’t happen

I'm seeing a lot of people with Shiel in their list of inclusions for the game which is fine but he didn't play VFL yesterday. Does anyone know what happened there? I can't seem to find any info about why he was a late withdrawal. He also wasn't an emergency for the AFL game.

Bearing in mind the warm conditions this game gets played in...

Out: Cox (inj), Goldy (managed), Davey (omitted) , Heppell (managed)
In: Bryan, Jones, Shiel, Roberts

Bryan for Goldy. Let's go Bryan sole ruck. Goldy looks too tired. 50-50 on this, if it was a cooler climate game then I'd probably leave him in.

Jones for Davey. I don't think Jones offers any less defensive pressure than Davey. Adding another tall may create a favourable mismatch for Caddy or Stringer. Particularly if Wright gets more ruck minutes as cover for Bryan. Richmond game showed a genuine lack of lead up contested marking from defensive chains.

Shiel for Cox. Not a like for like but we're obviously a rotation down through the middle, which hurts more against a stronger inside midfield unit like GC. Hind was admirable as a make shift winger last night. He can cover Cox.

Roberts for Heppell. We know the ex skip has performed above expectations but he needs a rest. His main contribution to the team is as an intercept mark. Ridley showed we're less reliant on Heppell. Think Roberts is a useful sub option (not ideal for debutant I know but it's best for the team). He can play multiple roles. That would make Tsatas a starter which gives us another rotation option through the middle.

Based on prior form, four changes is a lot to a winning team but in the context of team balance and the fact that we have tired legs facing a fitter team in warmer conditions, we need to be proactive here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A danger game? Seriously our fans have got ahead of themselves

In: H.Jones, Bryan
Out: Caddy, Goldstein

Sun: Shiel
what do you mean? I meant that I think we're due a loss. Isn't that a danger game, having scraped in over Tigers and North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back