Trades Round 13 Trades - **** the Byes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t like it. Witherflog to Sinclair a much better trade. Like not even in the same universe better. Sinclair a top 6 defender. Himmelberg is a nothing man than will need to be upgraded later. Worry about Smith next week.

Ok, just switched back to Witherflog to Sinclair (could have done Smith to Sinclair via McCartin to FWD but Smith may dodge punishment) Smith survives another week... Time will tell whether he survives beyond that!

Last edited:
Jog or bike ride completed over the last week?
Yeah, getting up to 2km jogging on the treadmill a day and 10-20km on the bike.
You lose a fair bit of condition with the forced hiatus, but it's gradually improving, even went for a river swim last night 😍.
How's it going on your end?
The Bombers' pregame thing the other night was top notch and you went with them for a while, but it just doesn't seem to be clicking this year (and mah boy DP3 looks like he copped a calf knock, sigh 😔). Just weird, reckon there's a lot more talent in the team than the ladder position reflects. At least you're starting to get a few back in off the niggles.

Reading between the lines it sounds like Brodie was 'unprofessional' in his approach. It's a knock on Dew that he couldn't get him motivated, but he probably needed the kick in the arse of being traded to get going.

As for Greenwood, he's been no loss at all and wouldn't have been in the team now anyway. Think he saw the writing on the wall and jumped when North offered him more coin.

Fiorini is a stat padder that doesn't defend. Suspect you're right that he'll be out the door soon.
Yeah, have heard conflicting accounts on Brodie, but probably more in the 'needed a kick up the arse' vein...
Greenwood for me was a bad one considering the leadership and the experience, and the shocking look (which isn't the be all and end all, but the optics were pretty dire for us), but it's true he won't be hanging around for ever. Definitely worked well for him $-wise.
Fiorini I honestly can't comment that much on, just love rolling out Fiorini🐐 😂

Credit to Longmuir for letting him do the thing he can do. He's actually really composed with the football in and around the contest. Just needs to be close to the heat of the battle to prosper. I just can't see the Dockers' brain trust unlearning that lesson. He's a top 6 forward in SC and that's all there is to it IMO.

There's gotta be another way you can get English mate

I don't think Fyfe affects Brodie at all. Mundy will be the one to lose midfield time for Fyfe. Mundy had 26 CBAs on the weekend. If Fyfe gets 13 and Mundy gets 13, then they play forward, that is the play imo.
Still umming and aahing a touch, but considering the point value his dollars represent and the possible impact, the single trade to English / Bont scenario is very tempting
Could fail, but just about across the line on it, tbh

I'm thinking the opposite.
After yrs of doing the same thing he's got a fresh role to make way for youngsters that have now established themselves.
If it takes half a season to work into it (still at a 95 average), i'm thinking he's a hold at D6 for whoever bought in, and he may very well turn into a sneaky buy soon enough.
Natural scorer. Looking for a 105-110 avg from here on...he can s**t that in. 78 pts in the second half on the weekend. He's getting it together.
Not a buy yet, but i'd hold awhile at D6 if i had him. He's at least not a pressing issue going at 95. Ridley similar boat...non urgent luxury only.
Yeah, ended up doing it, for better or worse.
The first up impact was good, but it's about the whole run home in total in terms of Dochers vs Lloyd.
Was also very tricky deciding Lizard vs Gull, as am also not fully convinced lizard will give as consistent output, but his ceiling is OK and a sideways to Stewart possible as an off-ramp Rd 16

Still umming and aahing a touch, but considering the point value his dollars represent and the possible impact, the single trade to English / Bont scenario is very tempting
Could fail, but just about across the line on it, tbh
Brodie still had 23 CBAs, just didn't get the ball today
As expected, Fyfe and Mundy got an even share (14 each (Mundy had 26 last week))

But yeah, with Fyfe in the side, he's there to win the ball instead of Brodie. So there is probably a drop in numbers for sure, just another gun ball winner next to him.

Only 67% TOG, he's never played 13 games in a row, body is probably sore. The break will do him good

I think you can trade him or keep him, you won't really lose

Trade him for a gun, you could gain 10-20ppg (with the right trade of course)
Hold him and he still goes around 100, +-5

View attachment 1421411

Judd_Magic ....tempting. Will avoid Owens score if I do it.
mood GIF

Yeah, have heard conflicting accounts on Brodie, but probably more in the 'needed a kick up the arse' vein...
Greenwood for me was a bad one considering the leadership and the experience, and the shocking look (which isn't the be all and end all, but the optics were pretty dire for us), but it's true he won't be hanging around for ever. Definitely worked well for him $-wise.
Fiorini I honestly can't comment that much on, just love rolling out Fiorini🐐 😂
Greenwood agreed to the delist/redraft move, then used the opportunity to get a move to north for more money. I can understand why he did it, but it was dishonest to put it kindly.

Righto lads... 13 trades left. Ranked 1600 overall and having a good week so far. 10+c for 1231 if I don't count Owens 26. Only 18 playing though but have trades left this week.

Is it crazy to trade in Peatling even though I can't use his score this week? Gives me enough to get Himmelberg. I'm struggling for premos next week so these semi premos will help alot next week to.

SDK>Peatling (D7)
McComb>Himmelberg (F7)

Leaves me with 11 trades and just needing to upgrade Hayes at R2 to be full premo and with good bench cover.
Screenshot_20220612-082334_SuperCoach.jpg
Screenshot_20220612-082348_SuperCoach.jpg

Don’t like it. Witherflog to Sinclair a much better trade. Like not even in the same universe better. Sinclair a top 6 defender. Himmelberg is a nothing man than will need to be upgraded later. Worry about Smith next week.

In the cold light of day, I still agree with you and Sinclair tonned up, but Himmelberg ton at the half with a BE of 1.

GIF by Miracle Workers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, just switched back to Witherflog to Sinclair (could have done Smith to Sinclair via McCartin to FWD but Smith may dodge punishment) Smith survives another week... Time will tell whether he survives beyond that!
Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

Yeah, getting up to 2km jogging on the treadmill a day and 10-20km on the bike.
You lose a fair bit of condition with the forced hiatus, but it's gradually improving, even went for a river swim last night 😍.
How's it going on your end?
The Bombers' pregame thing the other night was top notch and you went with them for a while, but it just doesn't seem to be clicking this year (and mah boy DP3 looks like he copped a calf knock, sigh 😔). Just weird, reckon there's a lot more talent in the team than the ladder position reflects. At least you're starting to get a few back in off the niggles.
There's plenty of talent in the team but they are young. After so many years struggling to make finals the last thing most fans want to hear is "rebuild". It's a good list but it will take some time.
Good that you're on the move. So good to get going again when there's been an injury or other issues getting in the way. All the best with your return.
DP3 hopefully ok to play but no reason not to rest him considering where the team is at and making sure they look after him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back