Game Day Round 14, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would I be delusional in thinking "The Miracle On Grass Part Deux". Or just certfiable.

Just getting beaten by a better team. This is a top 4 team v 18th. They have pace all over the ground, and we always get done by pace. Have been able to just break a line, run 20m then kick it 50m out the back on us all night.

We dont have the maturity or experience to be able to slow the game down and take the sting out. When we get a sniff we go ok, but we struggle to wrestle back momentum.

Boys are running out of gas now too.

Or just go back to Basketball maybe...I dont know, I dont think hes got enough to make it.
Why would you even go to the effort of posting this? He's a young ruckman in his 7th game. Plenty to work with there.
Not going to drop my lollies, going to keep perspective on where we are at etc. But given what we have built over the last 2 weeks, this is a fairly poor performance. These Guys are very beatable.

Its just the shoulder shrugging, finger pointing, lazy checking etc. All those bad habits come out once we are under pressure.

we can never build form for longer than a week or two at a time, there's always an 80 point flogging just around the corner.

Smith is a serious Liability out there tonight, actually killing us.

Clugg and berry continue to show class.

Zorko needs to stop playing for freekicks every contest he is in, it's embarrassing.

Shame about Beams, he will never play more than half a season of Footy.
I'm not sure about that. GWS should've done this to half the teams they've played this year tbh, even with all their injuries they've been fairly complacent and kept a lot of their opponents in games that should've been blowouts.

People need to remember we are basically expansion side aged missing MRobbo, Beams and Bundy playing odds on grand finalists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we're playing the same gameplan the Giants have been much better with and without the footy though.

Lol loving the 'fake defensive effort running' going on.

Hope you enjoyed that 2 weeks people, now we shall return to 80 point flogging for the rest of the year.

What was Barrett doing there?

Had to run to the defensive side. Lazy and dumb.

I've liked his game. Confidence looks to be growing.
Me too. He's backing himself and taking the game on, which is exactly what he did then too. Just needs to realise there's a time for that and sometimes there's a time for lowering the eyes and playing smarter.

But at this point of the game I'm questioning just how much talk there is out there, he may not have been aware of just how much time he really had.

Good mark and goal McStay but don't understand why he's playing forward now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back