Review Round 15, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Melbourne

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that Melbourne had too many outside players looking for easy kicks. When the ball bounced their way in the first quarter or so, it looked good. Under pressure, they had too few actually going for the ball. Was not impressed with their game style and it's no wonder they have dropped so many games this year.

Wow. most frustrating first half ever. Did what we had to.

Comments about Rayner (who is a second year player) from a handful of posters where appalling. Most nasty **** i've seen on here. He was ok bar a couple of clangers. Embarrassing.

Go lions!
I think Cam should've been dropped ages ago but today was the first time he looked a bit like he was last year and we've persisted with him this far may as well go the whole hog now . If he took his opportunities he could've had a very good game . But those two clunkers in the third quarter were not good.

God the wave of emotions during the game is crazy sometimes. Can go too hard early but it’s only cause I love them and result sets the tone for my week. Not going to apologise for having a crack at Rayner he was no good. It’s easy now we won for people to say he was ok, he really wasn’t. I hope he wins 5 brownlows but does not mean he is exempt from copping s**t like other players do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A first half of absolute football butchery followed by a second half domination. What a sight it is to watch in person when the crowd is involved and momentum shifts.

Once they hit the front Lions could taste it and ran over the top. Outstanding.

Hippy was clutch, Captain Fantastic, Neale immense, the Suitcase was first class (as usual) and Stef was amazing.

Anyone questioning zorkos captaincy at the start of the year, needs to play that game on repeat
That game should be put on the fire and burned. So unskilled and turnovers everywhere.
Bank the points, know that we can win ugly, so, so ugly and onto the next game. Pretty happy that we played so bad but we still ended up winning by 30 something opoints.

If you want to hear supporters bag players you should've gone to the footy 30 years ago . I think people get frustrated with silly errors and sometimes they go to far , it's really just the inevitable emotions you go through during a game of footy ,we all want our players to do as well as they can whoever they are.

When I watched Fitzroy in front of the stand there used to be a guy we nicknamed Murphy The Dog . He used to start on John Murphy from the time the ball was bounced , you're a dog Murphy etc ,as they guy racked up 30 possessions. The guy loved Fitzroy to death and it was his way of letting out his frustration because mostly we were losing. I'm sure these days the young guys are taught front up to totally ignore criticism from supporters.

Good win absolutely dominated the game poor goal kicking reared its head again but the boys pressured the opposition for 4 qtrs.
Zorko,Neale Hippy,Lyons,Andrews.
GO LIONS

Just chalk and cheese on field leadership wise. Hodge gives Rayner a spray for a clearing kick which should have gone towards the boundary, not the middle, then smacks his arse and says go get 'em.

May sprays Frost for god knows what then nags him all the way to the boundary and into the next quarter about it, though Frost clearly wants to whack him. Possibly the best and worst trades of recent years displayed in the one game.

My top 5 was the same as most but it was Hodge who I really wanted to give a vote to. His composure was great over the 4 quarters in Witherdens absence apart from that one kick late in the game.

Probably the best performance by our midfield this year against a very strong one

Back