Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

had a drink.

Anyone else keen to knock Carlton off their high horse the campaigners? They're getting too smug and I'd love to get a big win over them

It’s true, even good kicks when playing for us loses their skill, because we don’t coach the team to hit targets, don’t even try as most of the time they instructed to bomb to hit spots. So when we do get the ball, there’s no space and every possession is rushed, scrappy.. no wonder Hill becomes a nervous wreck after joining us!!! we have a serious problem with game plan/player development, and it’s on Ratts

Zero system. Ratts is bluffing. Richo 2.0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just don't know what to say. Just don't.

Same s**t joff

Same old s**t
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

8 point game, apparently got a bake for the insipid effort last week, last game we’ve got a shot in until Hawthorn and we serve that up.

I’m not even mad, it’s just funny at this point. If the players can’t be bothered caring why should any of us.

Ratts shoved the players under the bus. He’s lost them and there is nowhere else to go. At least there is only 2 more years left until we replace him.

I'll be surprised (and probably impressed) if anyone here can defend this performance. Some said it was a bigger workload for the loss last week LOL so let's see what magic we can work with the excuses this week.
I doubt there will be many making excuses because now it’s a pattern

Looking forward to the 2 impressive consolation wins later on in the season. It’s pretty much all we have had for years

Much like the late Billing’s goal.

So, where do you start?

No two ways about it, that was utterly deplorable. Especially given this game’s importance. Who will be held accountable?? I actually cannot believe how one dimensional we are given the potential of this team.

We didn’t even deserve one of our two goals up until 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter. There MUST be consequences for this, otherwise what the hell are any of us, the fans and the club, doing here??

The coaches are on thin ice. Either their strategy is s**t-house or they are incapable of getting the players to do it.
An utterly embarrassing couple of weeks for the club, and our true hearted supporters are right to feel insulted.This is not a response, this is self-destruction.

Players, coaches, whatever, something is way off. That was unbelievably dumb football, and we have shown no capacity to adapt or to change.

Sure there’s heaps of footy left in the season - so I refuse to stop believing - but we’re at a point now where the evidence is heavily mounting against us.

If there is not a serious change to our forward structure and entry by next week then I honestly have no idea what the coaches are seeing that we aren’t. I’m sick of the commentators acting like the opposition defence is genius when in fact we are just totally disorganised forward of ball. An utterly flaccid effort.

Our method just deplorable and aimless. We are making the game so much harder for ourselves then it needs to be. It’s insanity.

Naturally, as fans we braced for this result, but it really doesn’t change the issue that it still happened. A disappointing night to say the least, and if there aren’t any immediate meaningful changes, then I say it’s time to check out.

The club is losing my trust by the week at this rate. A real shame, as our ceiling is much much higher then this. But this is not professional football. And if there’s no accountability for this spat of “efforts” recently, then I fear for the future management of our club.

Notable performances:

Marshall stood up as a solo ruck. 23 disposals, 39 hit outs, 7 marks.

Seb Ross kept on. 31 disposals, 8 tackles. He has not faltered this year, and deserves much respect.

Steele didn’t miss a beat. 27 disposals and 8 tackles.

I’ll see you all next week, or at least, those who remain. Keep well in the meanwhile in these frustrating times!
Ross and Steele might have got good possession numbers, but they were totally ineffective

Ratts shoved the players under the bus. He’s lost them and there is nowhere else to go. At least there is only 2 more years left until we replace him.
Ratten is probably no good but surely the players need to take some responsibility for these insipid performances? Seems like his gameplan were fine early in the year.

Easy cop out to blame the coach exclusively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back