Review Round 15 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams would never admit it, human nature I guess, but it must be hard to get up for a team with one solitary victory.

Really liked Pepp's 4th quarter when the game was on the line. Chad definitely in our best. Other spots could be raffled but I reckon Hoff at least should've been in.

Hoff was easily our best. Although that stab kick from 40 in the 3rd qtr that didn't make me the distance was the catalyst for our terrible 3rd term. Thought Clurey and Thomas were good.

Weird game but at least we did enough to avoid following the recent script with an unexpected narrow loss to them in Melbourne. Even weirder Carlton/Glenelg supporter sighting at the Ports end lol.

View attachment 519984

Not as weird as that fat mess of a bloke who is a Port Magpies/Carlton man who always used to make a nuisance of himself behind the goals at Footy Park.

He actually went to our first game as one club - Port vs Nord curtain raiser before the WCE home game in 2011 - and made a scene as he marched out as soon as the Maggies game was over.

Should be taken into consideration that Carlton were always going to try and get up for Simpson's 300th. Whilst it wasn't pretty, we did enough.

Bank the 4 points and move on to next week.

Not as weird as that fat mess of a bloke who is a Port Magpies/Carlton man who always used to make a nuisance of himself behind the goals at Footy Park.

He actually went to our first game as one club - Port vs Nord curtain raiser before the WCE home game in 2011 - and made a scene as he marched out as soon as the Maggies game was over.
What a hero of our times

Lol at the national news on pretty much all channels reporting of this game. Port are only mentioned as party poppers. The channel 9 report was 90% about Carlton.
Poppers or poopers? ;)
And atm I'm quite happy for other teams, crows Carlton etc. to be getting all the media attention if we can just keep quietly notching up wins.

These types are so odd, I mean why do they even bother? Just stay home and have an angry pull. Everyone wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an obsenely garish piece of merchandise.

I'm putting today's effort down to a mid season training top up. Boys look so flat... Perhaps we are getting extra miles into their legs ready for finals. Only 69 interchanges today as well.
Not able to watch much, but that was my impression during some 3rd and 4th quarter bits.

Really wanted a big win but a win is a win.

After seeing us lose agonisingly to Carlton the last two times we've played them in Melbourne, I'm delighted to get the win today.

I wonder if this is the weekend that we've finally swapped roles with Geelong? We've become the top 4 team that grinds out one ugly win after another against ordinary and good opposition alike while they've become the 6-10 team that frustratingly drops close ones against bottom teams just often enough to put them out of serious contention.

Happy with that win. Carlton played very well and were up for it but we found a way to win. Still think we're a few players away from being able to beat the top sides in the finals. Hope I'm wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back