Game Day Round 16, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if we are doing a joint chair off for Pearce Hanley tonight?

I just think it would be a nice gesture from both clubs seeing as he is retiring......and was well liked.

He isn't playing

Need a big win. Must kick more than 6 or 7 goals.
It almost feels as if we can kick 12 goals we should win, but I'm more worried about this game than I have about any of the last 3-4 games particularly as we've only had a 4 day break compared to the Suns 9 or 10 game day break.

It almost feels as if we can kick 12 goals we should win, but I'm more worried about this game than I have about any of the last 3-4 games particularly as we've only had a 4 day break compared to the Suns 9 or 10 game day break.
We played friday night so 5 days - Pedantic I know. For what it's worth I'm more concerned about this game than I was with the Pies game

Game day on a Wednesday coinciding with $34 mini kegs of Paulaner (my favourite german beer) going on sale at Aldi.

That's fate my friends.

Game hydration sorted.

P.s. Any posts I make after half time may be hard to decipher, espcially dn ifjn I start nshdi to drink.slkd ek earlier than usual s ine lskjn dlkjabnd
How I wish Aldi sold alcohol in Queensland.

Dean Margetts, Brett Rosebury, Eleni Glouftsis = The Fab Trio?
Eleni is just out and out incompetent and has absolutely no feel for any game she officiates.

As for Margetts and Rosebury, they were the two campaigners that somehow missed Robinson getting smashed in the back by Maynard and stunningly, didn't pay a free. In all honesty, I can't believe these two clowns weren't dropped this week, but then again, the umpires are the only group in the AFL community that are completely unaccountable to anyone.

If we weren't already stuffed tonight, we are now...and some people reckon umps have no influence on games. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eleni is just out and out incompetent and has absolutely no feel for any game she officiates.

As for Margetts and Rosebury, they were the two campaigners that somehow missed Robinson getting smashed in the back by Maynard and stunningly, didn't pay a free. In all honesty, I can't believe these two clowns weren't dropped this week, but then again, the umpires are the only group in the AFL community that are completely unaccountable to anyone.

If we weren't already stuffed tonight, we are now...and some people reckon umps have no influence on games. :rolleyes:
Presumably the umps are staying in the Qld bubble too, so probably fewer options for rotating them. Look at it this way, if they have any sense at all that they stuffed up against the Pies, we might benefit this time.

The only thing I can say about Eleni is she could not possibly be as bad as she was against, think it was Carlton, last year. One of the poorest umpiring performances of all time. I really hope she has improved.

The only thing I can say about Eleni is she could not possibly be as bad as she was against, think it was Carlton, last year. One of the poorest umpiring performances of all time. I really hope she has improved.
She hasn't.

I've seen her officiate a number of neutral games and she is just appalling. I can't work out why she is persisted with unless there are just no other decent umps coming through, which is probably unlikely given how bad the rest of the AFL umpires roster is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back