Preview Round 16 Lions vs Bulldogs Thursday June 30th @ 7:20 PM Brisbane Time @ The Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is a sign of injuries and how badly Fagan got it wrong against Melbourne that we are in a position where we need to make so many changes

In: Zorko, Bailey, Ah Chee, Fort, Mathieson, Prior and Lester.

Out: T.Berry, Tunstill, Robinson, Lyons, Answerth, Payne and McStay

The nonsense that Fagan was spouting at his presser about giving the players a “Mulligan” is going to come back and bite him if he gets it so wrong again. Supporters have been giving him a “Mulligan” in the last three finals series and time is just about up. Fagan is proving to be a failure as a big occasion coach. Out in “straight sets” in two final series and a 1-5 finals record is not good enough. As a club we just do not have enough runs on the board when it comes to “CHARACTER WINS” on the big stage, hence our reputation as the “down hill skiers” of the AFL. My son’s tennis coach, before he knew I was a Lions supporter, put it quite succinctly yesterday when he said, “geez how mentally weak are Brisbane?” I told him I was a Lions supporter and he apologised, but I told him he didn’t have to, because he was right.”
It’s over to you now Fagan. How about this week you reward consistent form in the reserves, recognise the early season form of Ah Chee and Prior and DON’T SELECT A FIRST OR SECOND GAMER. We haven’t reached the ‘play the kids’ stage yet. Finally, get rid of Justin Leppitsch’s game plan, it didn’t work for him and it didn’t work against Melbourne.
yes it was a poor effort, virtually across the park, but it is a loss I had pencilled in (although the % hit does hurt). The response from the club and team this week is significant, another poor effort with English and Bruce likely missing and perhaps then comments such as mentally weak might have some weighting.

My outs: are; Tunstill (hate seeing young guys only get one game), but in hindsight probably should not have been picked in a 1v2 matchup at the G, will no doubt be better for the experience.
Lyons (don't care if only soreness) want to see some speed and hard two way running. Still will be important in finals against say Geelong, but keep Dev
TBerry, again would like to see him get a few games but Bailey is a lock, so will likely miss out.

Very unlikely McStay and/or Payne are dropped. Robbo I am not sure, but could make way for Prior.

My ins: Bailey, Zorks & Ah Chee/Prior.

at the GABBA believe we win this.

Bit surprised the club hasn't tried to shift the narrative a bit through the media. I assume most supporters felt embarrassed with the performance last week and are probably feeling a bit disillusioned with the clubs chances this year.

Must have sold enough tickets before the thrashing last week

Bit surprised the club hasn't tried to shift the narrative a bit through the media. I assume most supporters felt embarrassed with the performance last week and are probably feeling a bit disillusioned with the clubs chances this year.

Must have sold enough tickets before the thrashing last week

Spoke too soon

Would like to see Dev Robertson get some solid midfield time this week. Lyons may miss and has been exposed for his lack of defensive run lately although he can't be held accountable for the Melbourne onslaught after his injury. Their surge started after he got injured and Lachie was tagged. Lachie with Dev and Jerry with Clugga are the base combos I'd think will work best with Zorks in the centre. Bails and Cam providing support. I'd be willing to give Terry another try as a wingman or Harry Sharp who will run all day. Ah Chee on the other wing.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does my lunch of a heated up frozen pie from the Outpust Cafe in Canungra impact Ashcroft's decision? When are we likely to hear more about my lunc choices and also his nomination?
I used to go to Canungra for lunch quite regularly, Outpost not too bad but I preferred Cafe Metz, great burgers and milkshakes.

If people can bring themselves to watch this again, have a good look at how lacking in confidence, slow and sloppy we look, particularly in defence. When you watch the Mini-Match on the AFL App it is even more apparent. This was all over the park. This is what Fagan has to combat this week and it starts with team selection.

I thought that Payne was one of our better performing defenders on the night.

Maybe because I was just genuinely disappointed with the way we were playing as a whole, but I don’t remember any glaring mistakes that he made other then maybe the smother that went horribly wrong, but I wouldn’t lay all the blame on him for that.
I thought Kiddy made more errors that led directly to goals than he did.
I do remember some fantastic marks that he made though, something that Gardiner very rarely does.
Honestly I think Payne has been quite good in most the games he's played. The one against Richmond stands out more for Harris trying to cover him rather than his own performance and McKay got a few goals on him in a game as well but there's been far more games where he's impressed me, surprised he isn't a regular already.

I won't be convinced T Berry isn't up to it until we give him enough minutes for a few games in a purely M/F role.

It seems everyone here thinks he's not much good so it's going to be at another club.
Agree the young fellow needs a decent go. Very hard to judge when he comes in for a game that the team gets smashed and he is asked to play the small forward role. Massive difference in vfl afl pace of game. Needs to be given some chance to adjust. What I do know is that
blokes like Lyon and Robertson have no improvement in them , young berry has plenty if given a chance. As a bomber supporter happy to have him come to us if Fagen doesn’t give him a chance. Jarrod may as well come as well.

Agree the young fellow needs a decent go. Very hard to judge when he comes in for a game that the team gets smashed and he is asked to play the small forward role. Massive difference in vfl afl pace of game. Needs to be given some chance to adjust. What I do know is that
blokes like Lyon and Robertson have no improvement in them , young berry has plenty if given a chance. As a bomber supporter happy to have him come to us if Fagen doesn’t give him a chance. Jarrod may as well come as well.
Robertson is younger than Berry.

Agree. Don't want to sound too dramatic but we've copped a bit this week after being given get out excuse cards for the rest of the year.

So this week is a test of character and motivation. If we lose and aren't good enough so be it but what we want to see is a Red Hot Go.
One would hope the top team last week would comfortably beat a team out of the 8 with their best ruckman....possibly most dynamic player and a decent attacking HB missing. Omg I hope we do this comfortably at HOME.

I hate Thursday games. After last week's performance I couldn't stand to watch a minute of any other games and scroll through the footy as fast as possible. Lachie re-signing yesterday definitely got me keen again. I sure hope it's not like most games against the dogs. There always seems to be some kind of tomfoolery that massively benefits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back