Review Round 17, 2017 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

McStay and Andrews were outstanding. They are going to be quite a duo. Witherden is all class. Cox worked his way into the game nicely and Clugga/Berry continue to show genuinely exciting signs. It was nice to see Schache and Hipwood slot a couple each as well. Overall I think the future is really bright:):rainbow:

jdhVC.png

Proud we fought it out, was looking like a 10 goal thrashing but credit to our boys, they never gave it up. These steps show that the team is hungry and determined, we just need experience and some development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only caught the final quarter but 31 points is an OK loss, especially going by how much bitching there is on AFL's Facebook page about how biased the umpires have apparently been. What's this fine thing that Robbo is facing? Was this part of the whole #freekickMartin thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Witherden is one of our better players already. A player that gets it 25+ times a week and uses it as well as he does is a real asset. He takes a few risks with his kicks as well. He doesn't just chip it around racking up a high disposal efficiency. He takes risky options that could open up the game and he pulls them off consistently:thumbsu:

#FreeKickDustin

#DropLester

Im done with Lester. Allison, Paparone or anyone else can come and play his role. Whatever that role is.

The thing is I think Lesters role is to play multiple roles. Which is why the coaches will keep him.

Clear top 4 when it comes to the votes I think: McStay, Andrews, Taylor and Witherden. Had to think about the 5th but I reckon Walker deserves it after a decent game.
Yep they were my 4 votes with Matho. Walker was good,but not much else.
Senior players were putrid.

Very disappointed with the centre clearances, that was the biggest difference in the game. Mcstay and Andrews were very good. Witherden's foot skills are already the best in the team.

Need Robbo in there. Mitch.

I hate our midfield so much.

Yeah they started the year really well and had a day out against Freo. Getting a bit worried about Rocky. I hope its his shoulder thats stopping his impact. He has been a shadow of himself these past few weeks. Then again if he is injured should he be out there? Is it a case of just playing Beams and Rocky to provide some experiance and direction and avoid playing even younger?

I thought anything under 40 is a win so am happy with a 30 point loss against a team equal 4th on the ladder.

My biggest worry for our team is defensive running through the middle (whats new?) But the young guys look hungry and run hard both ways.

Witherden
Taylor
Mcstay
Harris
Martin

Were my five. I really loved Schaches work up the ground and willingness to put his body on the line.

Our senior players bar Basti and Martin were very poor I thought. We really need more out of them. I am thinking we should trade Rockliff and aim for band 1 comp.

Positives: the young kids!!!
Negatives: Robbo carrying on with dusty and our senior core.

Martin, Rockliff, Zorko and Beams. Two of them need to go.

I vote Rockliff and Martin, trade em out have Archie rucking 90% walker can provide the chop out and as much as I love rocky let's take that band 1 compo.

Berry & witherden will have a quicker impact than McCluggage but all 3 are gonna be superstars and they need those midfield minutes.

Liked our forwardline a lot this week, we didn't get it in much but when we did we scored. Walker shache and hip is the way to go.

Clearance work was awful. Out of Rich/Zorko/Beams/Rockliff I thought Beams was okay, but still a long way off his best. The other 3 were very poor and that really hurt us. Pretty frustrating game all in all.

Young brigade was good, really impressed with Witherden, Berry, Andrews. I thought the tall forwards worked pretty well, wasn't the best supply and they ended up with 5 goals. Worth persisting with for another week I reckon. Was happy we didn't get blown out as well, kept fighting.

Bit of a bleh game but encouraging signs from some at least.

Back