Preview Round 18, 2022 vs Melbourne @ Alice Springs - Jimmy Toumpas Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we do happen to win a big game like this, it still gives no guarantees for the following week. I remember being really excited in 2020 after we knocked off Richmond at Adelaide Oval. But the joy was short lived - I'm fairly sure we lost a week later, and of course the Tigers won the game that really mattered. This team under Hinkley is a real tease, and you can easily have your heart broken if you get too excited.

The Geelong win in 2019. Really mature, professional, ‘all played well’ performance against an opponent and in conditions we usually struggle in (home, night).

And we immediately backed up the following week by getting comfortably handled wire-to-wire by the bottom-4 Bulldogs in the same timeslot, at the same venue.

It’s like… sigh

The Geelong win in 2019. Really mature, professional, ‘all played well’ performance against an opponent and in conditions we usually struggle in (home, night).

And we immediately backed up the following week by getting comfortably handled wire-to-wire by the bottom-4 Bulldogs in the same timeslot, at the same value.

It’s like… sigh
When we're headed late in the game against a quality opponent, and we fight back to win the game, I'll review my skepticism. Until then, I have more faith in the view that Vladimir Putin is a good bloke :).

Sunday afternoon.

Really looking forward to it. Encourage everyone to attend. Actually can't wait myself. It's going to be seriously enjoyable. Will no doubt be a memorable occasion.

At the 2022 Adelaide Beer and BBQ Festival

If we lose its because of the disruption to the box and preparation but if we win its because Ken runs and has designed a well oiled machine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Forwards coach Nathan Bassett will coordinate messaging across the lines at each break, whilst midfield coach Brett Montgomery will remain focussed on instructing the midfield group, who will be critical to the result on Sunday.

"And Chad Cornes will continue in his usual role as defensive coach."

Davies said no other members of the club's coaching staff had shown symptoms but all would be monitored ahead of the group traveling to Alice Springs on Saturday afternoon.

I am not a Kern fan at all.

We need to cut him some slack at the moment...Regardless of what the club tell us publicly. He needs to be at home.
Health and Safety protocols, does not have to be COVID>

I don't think Hinkley's absence will change the game all that much. It's not like he does anything during the quarters other than drink coke and pray for some magic.
Though at least he won't be able to spread his usual doomer messaging to the players about how much better our opponent is compared to us.

I don't think Hinkley's absence will change the game all that much. It's not like he does anything during the quarters other than drink coke and pray for some magic.
Though at least he won't be able to spread his usual doomer messaging to the players about how much better our opponent is compared to us.
Yeah but Bassett might actually coach.

Imagine of Bassett makes a move that wins the game and the players finally realise what they've been missing out on all these years.

Last edited:
Don't you hate it when narratives are pushed by groups.......

SaCk KeN!!1111 :drunk:

Hopefully we can get him to Year 15.

Sure we won’t have won a flag in over 20 years, and would’ve wasted a generation of Port Adelaide footballers.

But that’s to be expected in a post-SANFL, post-Existin’ To Win Preemyaships kinda world! 🚫🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back