Preview Round 18 - Brisbane Vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans, Giants and Bulldogs fly out this morning for...you guessed it, QLD!!

Why the hell are our boys still down here?!!

Cases will explode here today imo....sites now include flinders st, station and also down at Geelong.

( a story of what we are up against as far as tracing goes. I was at the Ballan Maccas site of these furniture removalists only 4 days before they were there. My phone doesn't do that QR thing and I have to write my sign-in wherever I go, no problem, every shop I go to has a clipboard with a form to sign as well.

Anyhoo, got to the Maccas that day, it was packed, explained about my phone,and asked for the form to sign, the response? Oh we don't do that here!! I told them they should be, asked for the manager, who seemed quite put out, ran around and eventually found a phone and took my details.

Of all places to be slack!)
I do the manual sign in as well, don't forget to sanitize your hands after using the pen and touching the clip board/paper... you never know who's been using it.

The same thing happened during an early lockdown/restriction at a junior sporting event, a fella was walking around the oval asking whether you had scanned in, wanted to give me the clip board and pen and I said no you can write it down for me if you want.

Both those states have tightened borders with Vic..

Starting to look like the Hubs in QLD last year was a breeze, this time around I think, is going to be a lot more difficult for the AFL to keep all the teams safe..
Although it’s not really about keeping the teams safe.
It’s about keeping the competition safe.
But I get your point

New case in Vic this morning (not included in overnight numbers), potential positive from contact at MCG:

heard the same 11 year old went to the footy
Not sure part of the family group or sitting near or ????
They went to Y&J's beforehand so not sure they brought kids with them.

Say no crowds..
Back to game anyone know who flew down? Did Archie go or just Fullarton? Ballenden sighted or is he a few weeks now with hammy?
Who else went down. Joyce, Cockatoo or someone new?

COVID-19 Commander Jeroen Weimar says the state has recorded two more positive cases linked to level two of the MCG members stand.
They do not believe known contacts of the other people.. 2k in block around them
23 people seated near him. one of the two was in the 23.
one was in the 2k near him.

nothing about restrictions as yet..or crowds on Friday.
Although you think 2 at the footy be no crowds

Edit Presser finished although no Dan at this one
Said at the end we looking at AFL crowd numbers.
Assume we get a Dan one later when he picked what locks down

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well there goes another Lions game for Vic fans. SO OVER THIS!! I really feel for the kids. Now I have to break it to my son we can't go to the Lions game this week and his junior footy is off again. My daughters camp is on Monday that will be off - she has been waiting for this for months.

We better bloody win tmw night wherever they play.

Well there goes another Lions game for Vic fans. SO OVER THIS!! I really feel for the kids. Now I have to break it to my son we can't go to the Lions game this week and his junior footy is off again. My daughters camp is on Monday that will be off - she has been waiting for this for months.

We better bloody win tmw night wherever they play.
The long term psychological affects on younger children is a serious worry for me.

The long term psychological affects on younger children is a serious worry for me.

Totally agree mate. Thankfully my three kids are pretty resilient but this is our 5th lockdown and even they are starting to be worn down. As you would expect some kids really struggle with the constant lockdowns and not being able to see friends etc. I really fear for teen-age kids who should be out having fun and enjoying the best years of their lives. The toll won't be known for many years but it won't be good.

Will be completely random if we are playing in Victoria tomorrow night whilst they get the rest of the teams up here to play on the weekend.

I guess it’ll make as much sense as having last weeks game on the GC, only for them to allow us “red zone” people who would’ve been attending in Brisbane anyway, to go to the game down there.

Totally agree mate. Thankfully my three kids are pretty resilient but this is our 5th lockdown and even they are starting to be worn down. As you would expect some kids really struggle with the constant lockdowns and not being able to see friends etc. I really fear for teen-age kids who should be out having fun and enjoying the best years of their lives. The toll won't be known for many years but it won't be good.
Yep, compared to us up here in Brisbane Melbourne has had it tough, 2 of my grandchildren seem pretty cruisy about it but the youngest is concerned about mummy/daddy/me/grandma/brothers/herself etc... you explain to her that the odds of anything really bad happening to anyone she knows here in Australia is extremely small but as with all kids they have big ears and they take in and hear a lot more than you think, doesn't help that everything you hear in the media seems to come with a doomsday type narrative.

All the best to you and your family royboy.

Yep, compared to us up here in Brisbane Melbourne has had it tough, 2 of my grandchildren seem pretty cruisy about it but the youngest is concerned about mummy/daddy/me/grandma/brothers/herself etc... you explain to her that the odds of anything really bad happening to anyone she knows here in Australia is extremely small but as with all kids they have big ears and they take in and hear a lot more than you think, doesn't help that everything you hear in the media seems to come with a doomsday type narrative.

All the best to you and your family royboy.

Thanks Jason appreciate it mate.

Feels like we're one injury away from calling the season over. And now it looks like we'll be playing at Metricon. It's crazy how things turned for us, but there's not much we can do about it except maybe to become religious and pray nothing happens at Metricon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back