Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 18 - Mount Buller Demons v East Side Hawks at The Snow Dome (the Tarkyn Cup?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, LA Lakers, LSU Tigers
Screen Shot 2024-05-14 at 1.53.25 pm.png

Round 18
Mount Buller Demons v East Side Hawks at The Snow Dome (the Tarkyn cup?)

Current Standings
1715657875540.png
1715657880974.png

Last Time They Met
=====================================
SIREN SOUNDS FOR THE END OF QUARTER 4
EAST SIDE HAWKS : 13.5.83
MT. BULLER DEMONS : 20.15.135
=====================================

Last time the pre-Tarks met the current Tarks was in Round 8. The Eyrie was full of optimism and hope that this new list would be buoyant and a strong force at home. Enter, the pre-tarks. From the get go, they gave very little away, romping their way to a 8 goal win. A huge win away from home that could arguably be described as kick starting their season. You can only imagine Tarkyn_24 previous side must have shut him down and the Hawks chances that day with it, right...?

Who to watch (on-field)
Tarkyn_24 0 6 2 0 0 0 0 6 0 60 sausagerol 0 9 1 0 0 0 1 8 1 76

Wrong. Tarks kicked 6 straight and was dominant up forward, although was beaten by sausageroll who landed 8 blows of his own. At least I guess the Hawks must have had the edge off field, they're full of sh*t talkers right? Too much for even Gralin to handle.

Who to watch (off-field)

Wrong again! The two biggest contributors off the field were Tarkyn_24 and sausageroll (Guys, get a f*cking room). Some may surmise they were the greatest motivators for their respective teams, some might say the biggest sh*t talkers. I'll let you lot be the judge.

What it means
A win for the Demons puts them into the finals and all but eliminates the East Side. After going 0-2 to the Wonders and 1-1 with the Dragons, they'd love to do the double over this oppo and prepare themselves for a finals campaign.

For the Hawks, this year was always going to be about the new players, new game plan and adjusting accordingly. No one expected them to walk into finals, but the list is chock full of talent and they'll be a hard outfit to beat in the coming years. With 2 wins either side of their bye in their last 9 games, can the ESH dig deep and stop the 4L slump. It would give the ladder a big shake up if they can pull this off.

Who takes the chocolates
For the Hawks, it is a must win. No other way to slice it. por_please_ya and co will know they're not mathmatically out, but barring a miracle they will be sitting out of this finals series. They'll need 100+ to stand a chance this week punters say, especially given theur % is the second lowest in the league, only better than checks notes the Coney Island Warriors and Mount Buller Demons. Nevertheless, a big win and results falling their way above them, and that final Gameweek could have huge ramifications.

The Demons are the dictionary definition of 'middle of the road' this season. 7 wins, 7 losses, never more than two in a row either direction and seem to struggle against top 4 sides and do what they need to against the chasing pack. If sausageroll can get some help finding the big sticks from Bluelegs they should have enough juice to get this done.

Prediction: Dont count out the fiery hawks, but Mount Buller Demons by 3 points

Captains, teamsheets as per your ClarkeM instructed deadlines.

Cannot believe that moginie did not wish me a good morning in this here thread this morning.
Good afternoon Tarks! It's been an action packed few days since we communicated!

Funnily enough, no one tagged me into this thread so I can rightfully claim ignorance.

That's ok, because ignorance is the only thing that I have had in abundance my whole life.

As Socrates is alleged to have uttered; all that I know is that I know nothing.

Have a good one.

And are you well, my good friend Headless?
moginie, I've simply never been better on this very occasion. 🤗 I'm MOST excited to play against the EAST SIDE HAWKS, you see. Their club INSPIRES me to be BETTER. :triumph:

My dear friend moginie, I simply need to know:
1. Are you well?
2. Which three Hawks do you think pose the BIGGEST ISSUE for us this round, and WHY?

Good afternoon Tarks! It's been an action packed few days since we communicated!

Funnily enough, no one tagged me into this thread so I can rightfully claim ignorance.

That's ok, because ignorance is the only thing that I have had in abundance my whole life.

As Socrates is alleged to have uttered; all that I know is that I know nothing.

Have a good one.
I am flummoxed.

Tarks floundering here
I am floundered.

Which is why it's so appropriate that Tarkyn_24 will soon be joining the LITTLE FLOUNDERIES :tropicalfish:.

🥳
I am flummoxoundered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

moginie !!

Season 5 Hug GIF by The Office

Hope all is well. 🙂

Are these the lyrics to We Didn't Start the Fire?
they very well could be Less

Should we give them to Turbo to record and find out?

I mean if we give them to Turbo we probably won't be able to tell either way but it might give the media landscape a much needed shot in the arm

Wow. Do I seriously not get an invite to the boxes?
Captain this week needs to stay on the field, feel free to bring the team up at the main break if we’re winning

moginie, I've simply never been better on this very occasion. 🤗 I'm MOST excited to play against the EAST SIDE HAWKS, you see. Their club INSPIRES me to be BETTER. :triumph:

My dear friend moginie, I simply need to know:
1. Are you well?
2. Which three Hawks do you think pose the BIGGEST ISSUE for us this round, and WHY?
1. Yes I am. And tomorrow is market day which means coffee and quaffing!
2. Naturally my friend, the ovoid vampire Strigoi is a threat. And also great value with Sean the Sheep gifs. That's cool. Another great one with the gifs and pics is our old teammate Callums_Guns. The gif of his Dee's supporting mother never gets old (except for Proper Gander). And last but not least is our other ex-teammate Tarkyn_24. But we know that he and sausageroll will be at each other all week.

That reminds me - is it bin night for you sausageroll?

Anyway, my good friend Headless, I hope that this meets with your approval. And I also hope that the most fabulous Scythe94 and cartwright make an appearance soon. And that Yakker finally finds his qooty bag.

All the best!

they very well could be Less

Should we give them to Turbo to record and find out?

I mean if we give them to Turbo we probably won't be able to tell either way but it might give the media landscape a much needed shot in the arm
Tigerturbulance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back