Review Round 19 - GWS Giants vs Essendon Bombers, Sunday August 9th, 3.20pm, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
# Fun fact in our short history we have never lost a round 19 clash at home.

If we want to remain in the hunt for the finals we simply have to win this match and we should provided we put in the same effort as we did against the dockers.

Changes - hopefully all of Haynes, Smith, Palmer and maybe Patton are right to go this week

Last edited:

Sauce for Downie
Patton for Stewart
Haynes and Buntine are job sharing at the moment - taking it week about
Does Lamb get another week? Will Dev be right?
How's Wilbur's shoulder?

I think lamb has been average. But he probably hold his spot if WHE and smith miss. If they are back I doubt he stays put

Hey Giants,

I'm new to Sydney and I'm going to attend this match to see how much we can lose by.

Any locals here know what the deal is with the train? I heard it's free if you have a game ticket.

Cheers!

Hey Giants,

I'm new to Sydney and I'm going to attend this match to see how much we can lose by.

Any locals here know what the deal is with the train? I heard it's free if you have a game ticket.

Cheers!

Yep. Free trains on game day with a ticket. Just show the station attendant when you get on and they'll let you through the gates. Change at Lidcombe. Out of the station at Olympic Park, turn right, and about 500m down the road. Can't miss it.

Yep. Free trains on game day with a ticket. Just show the station attendant when you get on and they'll let you through the gates. Change at Lidcombe. Out of the station at Olympic Park, turn right, and about 500m down the road. Can't miss it.

Awesome~!

Love Buntine for Buntine to play but two concussions in three weeks is a risky proposition. Would rather he rest up for Port or Sydney.

Any word on Shaw playing or not?

Not yet. They probably arrived in Sydney in the last few hours so he probably hasn't been assessed as to what, if anything, may be needed.

It's less of an issue with Davis and Patfull back, but geez Heath's been critical to our success this year.

Love Buntine for Buntine to play but two concussions in three weeks is a risky proposition. Would rather he rest up for Port or Sydney.

Not yet. They probably arrived in Sydney in the last few hours so he probably hasn't been assessed as to what, if anything, may be needed.

It's less of an issue with Davis and Patfull back, but geez Heath's been critical to our success this year.

He played out the last quarter and had 9 possessions.Cant be that bad unless he went off and had a jab?.Did he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they will rest Steele.Sauce in for injured Downie.Depending on how many injured players come back Townshend could replace Steele.Bit stronger body than Barrett and has been pretty consistent lately in Neafl.

Picking a long injury list coming off the game yesterday although they all seemed to be minor injuries,
hoping anyway

Heath Shaw has been amazing for us all year. He's held the backline together when we haven't even had one.

Shaw (abductor) cleared to play, likewise Downie (illness).

Tests for Smith (knee) and Buntine (concussion).

Palmer also good to go having overcome his corked hammie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back