Review Round 2, 2019 - North Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against North Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy. Just pure elation. In seasons gone by that fight back from Norf would've ended the game. Last year it would've been an "honourable loss" by 6 or 7 or even 12 points.

This year we are a team that just keeps putting it on. By 20 points. Not just a goal in front and kept it there - we really took that one to the final siren. Legs to the end, even on that sandpit of an oval.

Pure elation.

We didn't cream them, sure - but that win demonstrated A GREAT DEAL about THE MIGHTY LIONS :D

This is a different team to previous years - we've got the skill and the guts to get the job done - we'll get so much out of this win :D

North played well. Up to their old tricks with a few of their mids having a field day. Only difference, we didn’t let them tick away with 3 or 4 extra goals each quarter. We held them while we didn’t have form and were able to grind it out. Impressive.

That was fantastic. Had to fight for it. Even blew it out in the end. We weren't a 20-point better team on the day, the Roos played well, but it was a testament that we just kept going on and piled them on anyway.

Oscar, Rich, Neale, Harro, Berry for mine.

Gotta vote for Oscar obviously. Rich and Neale worked hard all game. Neale went big in the clinch and did a lot to drive us over the line. Sideshow Bob got a bit of a hold on Harro in the second half but he saved us a lot of pain in the first. Few choices for that last slot and I think I'd stick Berry in there but Stef, Charlie and Robbo definitely warrant honourable mentions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What resilience.

To to able to stem the flow over and over and over and over until North were worn down and we could strike was something we haven't seen Brisbane do well/if at all, and to do it against a team who have a 10 year hoodoo on us is incredible.

Only two rounds in, but this is a new team who will only get better. I am so excited!

What about the set shots under immense pressure from Linc and Charlie...I think Charlie was worth pick 12.....and Linc if we keep him fit would have been too.

What did we give for Linc.....60 something was it?

Highway robbery.

He's a gem.......just looks calm and assured and makes good decisions all the time.

How sweet it is. As "Sproj" said in the match day thread. "Lachie Neale, Lincoln McCarthy, Jarryd Lyons what fantastic pick ups these guys all are". When we can get Adams fit we could have four recruits that would be in the best 22 at any club. Lachie Neale - like Tom Mitchell - is training with Greg Williams. He wants to prove a point to the Victorian Media that he is a AA player. If he stays fit and healthy, I think he will.

Well done Lions. Lets give the Power a shock.

Back