Review Round 2, 2021 - Geelong vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They summed it up pretty well post game. You leave him free he gets an easy handball. You go to pressure him and he draws the tackler and you leave a player free like with Smiths match winning goal. Best option is to have a decent ruck who can stop Hawkins from winning the footy.
He's milked the rule change. He grabs it out of the air and even when tackled holds on to it until he can get it to someone with a clear shot on goal.

Some of our tackles on him were plain awful seeing we knew exactly what he was going to do.

I don't hold any particular love for the Brions but * me dead you should've won tonight

Footy damages it reputation as a pro sport with missed decisions like those hopefully the worm turns next time you play them

Did anyone else notice Hawkins physical contact on the umpires chest minutes before

Chris Scott has seen the vision clearly of Rohan whacking Neale, and his comfortable with it. Whack across the chest was all it was.

My partner is at work at the moment admitting someone for illicit drug induced delusions. Maybe she should stop by Geelong on the way home...

Scott was "comfortable" with Dangerfield jumping off the ground to knock that Adelaide player into la la land last week.

Nothing in it. Just an unfortunate accident:think:

Now it seems that he has lost his seeing eye dog too.

Umpires aside, Hipwood (2), Berry, Prior & Daniher all missed very gettable shots at goal. Kick one of the 5 and we win. We should have been much closer at half time and three quarter time. No point blaming the umps when we had the chances to win and didn’t take them. A much better effort than last week and a good experience for all our players.

Umpires aside, Hipwood (2), Berry, Prior & Daniher all missed very gettable shots at goal. Kick one of the 5 and we win. We should have been much closer at half time and three quarter time. No point blaming the umps when we had the chances to win and didn’t take them. A much better effort than last week and a good experience for all our players.

Bullshit.

I'm mad as hell at that gutless twerp of an umpire.

If he does the right thing we win.

What went before is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpires aside, Hipwood (2), Berry, Prior & Daniher all missed very gettable shots at goal. Kick one of the 5 and we win. We should have been much closer at half time and three quarter time. No point blaming the umps when we had the chances to win and didn’t take them.

I hate this argument. Every team misses chances in a game.

The two unpaid HTB right in front of goal were two chances we created too, and were denied.

We should've been in front at 3/4 time. After we hit the front we had many chances to kick clear. They took their chance in what was probably the most obvious play of the night. Poor defensive effort by us on that occasion.

It's heartbreaking to lose the way we did but at least we fought it out very strongly. I just don't think we're getting enough from our M/F at present . Oscar going down was a huge loss for that last quarter. He could've done some damage to his ankle which will be problematic for us in the next few weeks.

I'm numb.
My wife won't speak to me at the moment because I lost it when they threw for the goal earlier in the game, Selwood's forward pass and the last second HTB farce.
Update. Everything is ok but I could get a one game suspension.

Oh wow.. a storming Brisbane shutdown by the most ridiculous non-decision I’ve ever seen

also, so many throws not paid; so many holding the balls against Brisbane that were 50/50 calls at best and so many frees that should’ve been paid against Geelong that weren’t paid. The crowd noise shouldn’t be a factor. Genuinely feel for you blokes tonight.

Look boys and girls all we have done so far is lose two in a row. We did the same in 19 and finished second. If we can stay on top of our injury list we will be around the mark come September.

Back