Game Day Round 2, 2022: Fremantle v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't we work it out when we have clear pathways to goal? We seem to panic every time.

We are on top in so many aspects of the game but our finishing is atrocious.
Because we don’t value good skills. you guessed, we value tackles/pressure points. When we do get the ball, Everything is a rushed/under hit handball or kick, plus bad decision making is found out when play is always so congested, but opposition always seem to have more space and time. Yeah, nah.. nothing to do with coaching/game plan, just 18 crap players.

Last edited:

Steven Milne would have found 10 goals from those forward 50 entries.

Its almost comical watching King bat the ball down , ( bringing it to ground Kosi style ) only to have purple's at his feet.
Milney would be in the 50 waiting for them. How are we meant to kick goals when the whole team is playing on the other side of the centre circle? Our structures are no good so the only time we get a chance at kicking a goal is when we intercept the ball and get away quick but then there's no one to kick to.

How am I seeing this but the coaches box aren't?

I'm f***ing fuming, we should be at least 2 goals up and not 2 goals down, our forward line is a dog's breakfast again no system, just relying on luck.

King nowhere to be seen, Membrey getting chances and butchering every one of them, our small forwards are dogshit again, FFS sub on Sharman.

Watched the Hawks last night.

Saw a young team of no names play away from home with a solid structure, making great decisions with the ball and executing.

No panicking, no headless chicken tackling pressure KPIs. Just good decisions and composure time and again all over the ground with a bunch of kids.

That’s the way Sam Mitchell played and why we need coaching like his instead of this that we’ve had for the good part of a decade that is obsessed with pressure over decision-making and composure.

We are an absolute mess because of what we place value in with our footballers and will continue to be until we leave behind “pressure” being our game plan instead of simply being a given.
“We don’t have the cattle” is a cop out for “our coaches don’t know how to get the best out of our current lot”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milney would be in the 50 waiting for them. How are we meant to kick goals when the whole team is playing on the other side of the centre circle? Our structures are no good so the only time we get a chance at kicking a goal is when we intercept the ball and get away quick but then there's no one to kick to.

How am I seeing this but the coaches box aren't?

It was doing my head in last week. King is chasing marks up the ground only for the ball to go forward to no-one.

“We don’t have the cattle” is a cop out for “our coaches don’t know how to get the best out of our current lot”
Between Steele, Crouch, Gresham, Hill and I guess Seb Ross - I don't want to hear the excuse that injuries are killing us in the middle. These guys should be more than capable of matching it with any other team in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back