Preview Round 20 - Brisbane Lions vs Western Bulldogs - Saturday 5 August 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How Gardiner still gets a game is beyond me. Slow and loves to turn the ball over by hand or foot. Not to mention his constant brain fades that cost us 2 or 3 goals extra every second week. Skinner has the height and mobility to cover Gardiner while he has more potential on the offence as well. He must play the rest of the season.

It is revealing that we, supporting the team that is last, believe (with due cause IMO) we have quite a few players that are unlucky to be dropped, or not getting a game.

Not the situation that many cellar dweller teams are in at this stage of the season.

We are on the way up gentlemen, and ladies, and as long as Shache gets a run down back to see how he goes down there, I will be happy as far as team selection goes. Cannot fit them all in and a thought: Who would you drop if Christenson and Mich Robbo were fit and ready to play?
Well there's a number of guys in year 1 & 2 that are getting a free run at it at the moment. There's plenty of players who have their deficiencies & they might find themselves in the 2s at various stages next year. It happened to bastinac, happening to Cutler at the moment.

Gardiner and Mathieson have some money in the bank ,Barrett won't last , far too slow,but has had the knack of pulling off a few highlights moments, every second week Skinner MUST come back,where he belongs, in the BACK half,he'll be superior at the end of the day,to any of the incumbents. Robinson,if anywhere near Johannisen, wil be destroyed, he is hopeless overhead,and off tne pace,a trier, but no class poor skills .We have to keep looking ahead. Lester and Bastinac would qualify for the slowest wingmen in history, if God help us they play there against the Doggies talent,we're in trouble. Allison , Clayton Lyon and co.had no respect from many on this board, including an unfortunate, alleged moderator,funny in the last 3 weeks ,all the young talent I have supported, and know are supported in house, are suddenly regarded...well,well...
God you come up with some drivel sometimes. If you want to have a crack at someone at least actually do it rather than this tripe. This constant backhanding of people needs to stop from you and everyone. It's really starting to piss me off and it's not going to be tolerated ongoing

God you come up with some drivel sometimes. If you want to have a crack at someone at least actually do it rather than this tripe. This constant backhanding of people needs to stop from you and everyone. It's really starting to piss me off and it's not going to be tolerated ongoing
Tbe old guard eh...you'll get over it mate.

Forgot about Mathieson; thought he should have been dropped over Keays and omitted in general. I thought Keays was ok last week but he did commit a few clangers and wasn't clean but as always; he gives it his all which I don't think you could have said for Mathieson.
I thought Keays was pretty efficient last week? Matho had a shocker but has been solid before that.. 2 touches in a half of footy is not good enough

No offence but it is a Bit hypocritical here. Tell him to not have a go at people then you do the same thing at the start. Plus l think this was said in a previous thread but rules have to apply to everyone, even the mods. If you aren't going to tolerate it and ban posters, then there are certain posters (and mods) that do it regularly.

No offence but it is a Bit hypocritical here. Tell him to not have a go at people then you do the same thing at the start. Plus l think this was said in a previous thread but rules have to apply to everyone, even the mods. If you aren't going to tolerate it and ban posters, then there are certain posters (and mods) that do it regularly.

Fatcat is always fair. Did you read Len's posts? Odd battle to pick a mayes ing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays would be an infinitely better player if he relaxed a bit - all his mistakes aren't from a lack of skill but from anticipating contact and pressure.

He is going to go through N-Robbo like growing pain over the next couple of years until he really bulks up, but I think he's going to make it and he really should be in the side over Barrett. But the coaches know more than us so trust them we must.

Skinner extremely stiff but thats the nature of the game when you have 5 automatic ins.

Fatcat is always fair. Did you read Len's posts? Odd battle to pick a mayes ing.
The post wasn't really about Fatcat. It was more about how certain mods seem to feel that they are above pot taking shots (which is not to be tolerated if Fatcat is to be believed). It is frustrating to not only me but l am sure a fair few other posters.

Me too. Fagan actually said he was BOG 4 times in a row in the twos. 3 or 4 games in a row for Closey would be fairer. But barring injuries he should get that opportunity next year, hopefully with us. He's not a goal kicking forward, but playing up the ground he offers a lot as a link up player.
I'm very worried it will be with another club at this rate, especially if Ballenden is recruited. And I will be sad, a key forward that is one of our best runners. He's played less games than Schache (!!), so I don't accept he should have shown better results to date.

I'll take my full rant to a more appropriate board and trust that the greater powers know more than me for this match.

Let's hope we play like the first half of the game easier in the year. Side note: I was so nervous-excited that I accidentally squeezed a steam of tomato sauce onto the person sitting in front of me instead of on my pie.

How Gardiner still gets a game is beyond me. Slow and loves to turn the ball over by hand or foot. Not to mention his constant brain fades that cost us 2 or 3 goals extra every second week. Skinner has the height and mobility to cover Gardiner while he has more potential on the offence as well. He must play the rest of the season.
Give him a break....1 not so good game n u want to hang him....been the rock of Gibraltar in recent times

The post wasn't really about Fatcat. It was more about how certain mods seem to feel that they are above pot taking shots (which is not to be tolerated if Fatcat is to be believed). It is frustrating to not only me but l am sure a fair few other posters.

Fatcat is a certain mod. :O

Give him a break....1 not so good game n u want to hang him....been the rock of Gibraltar in recent times
Yeah, l actually like Gardiner. Earlier in the year he was in career best form and shutting down some really good small forwards. His offensive game has definitly developed more, still think he needs to continue with it though.

Fatcat is a certain mod. :O
It's not Fatcat ;)

I think you need to read both of my posts (this thread and the other one) and have a good think about what I'm actually saying in both of them.

What was posted was bordering on unreadable as well as putting in a back handed jab at someone without actually saying who it is, that's drivel. If you want to call out someone for something they've said previously, go right ahead but at least 1. Say who you're talking about and 2. Actually out in some bloody effort and quote what they've said. Someone being smug I can cop, but smug and lazy, nope

Yeah, l actually like Gardiner. Earlier in the year he was in career best form and shutting down some really good small forwards. His offensive game has definitly developed more, still think he needs to continue with it though.

It's not Fatcat ;)

Well who is it, and where are these examples of whoever it is having a got at said players? Front up with some examples or don't front up at all

Skinner has played one game n Gardiner has put his body on the line so many times n is continually improving given one setback..... worth another game...I Think sooooo

Keays probably needed to be dropped. He gets a week or two to find his confidence and then hopefully come back to the seniors and finish the year off strong.
I just don't know what the NEAFL will do to help him anymore. He is clearly a grade too high for that level, l just think he needs a continuity of games likes Robbo where he gets better and better at understanding the pace of AFL. Matho on the other hand, I really like him but he needs way more endurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back