Preview Round 20 - Brisbane Lions vs Western Bulldogs - Saturday 5 August 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it is frustrating with him. He has always panicked a bit in footy which was evident in u18s with lots of his balls skying way too much. He is just so tense when he has the ball. Kinda wonder where his footy is gonna go tbh. Atm he is brought in for an occasional pressure forward role

If he can get his mind set right and become more confident with ball in hand, we have a future workhorse midfielder with an innate ability to find the footy and potential 200+ gamer. If he doesn't, we could be looking at another Polkinghorne/Banfield wondering what could have been after such a promising junior career.

Early days though and I'll still back him on the former.

If he can get his mind set right and become more confident with ball in hand, we have a future workhorse midfielder with an innate ability to find the footy and potential 200+ gamer. If he doesn't, we could be looking at another Polkinghorne/Banfield wondering what could have been after such a promising junior career.

Early days though and I'll still back him on the former.

When I watch Keays at the moment I just want to tell him to "slow down" - he seems to be reacting more to perceived, rather than actual, pressure.

If he can make that adjustment I think he'll be a useful player - at worst a 60/40 chance to make it on my current assessment of him.

When I watch Keays at the moment I just want to tell him to "slow down" - he seems to be reacting more to perceived, rather than actual, pressure.

If he can make that adjustment I think he'll be a useful player - at worst a 60/40 chance to make it on my current assessment of him.
Which is what Nrobbo was doing before this year.

Yeah spot on, N Robbo was playing similar up until this year and now he is killing it.

I would much prefer Darcy Gardiner to Daniel Merrett or Jack Frost! Darcy has plenty of time on his side. Let's see how hew goes when we are not the bottom side who is conceding 20 goals a week with no pressure on the ball coming in.
I completely agree with this. In the game against Freo, Darcy took nine marks and looked very confident with the ball in hand. It's no coincidence that this was one of our best displays of team defence (only 43 inside 50s conceded). Sure, he's no Alex Rance, but he can complement McStay and Harris.

Agree. He seems to panic when there is time for him to steady before he disposes of the ball. That will get better as he accumulates games. I have no doubt that he is going to be part of our future. Ben is a footballer rather than an athlete. Over the next 2-3 years his footballing skills will shine once he adapts to the speed of the game.

I like it more when everyone talks about footy. Or that time when I accidentally squirted tomato sauce on someone at the footy.

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or when you knew the seat next to you was wet but decided not to tell the opposition supporter when they went to sit there. Those were the days.

I like it more when everyone talks about footy. Or that time when I accidentally squirted tomato sauce on someone at the footy.

On Nexus 5X using BigFooty.com mobile app
I took an American to the footy a couple of years ago and he couldn't figure out the squeezy sauce packets (turns out Americans dont have them) and he managed to squirt the sauce straight up into his face.

There are 4 mods on this board. Myself, elixuh, dlanod and zoblitz which one of us are you referring too?

It's Zoblitz always calling out Tairy Green. Everyone knows it.

DOGS FACE BANANA PEEL AGAINST IMPROVING LIONS: LYON
Garry Lyon says that Saturday’s clash between the Western Bulldogs and the bottom of the table Brisbane Lions at the Gabba looms as a danger game for the reigning premiers.

The Bulldogs are currently positioned in ninth place after recording their tenth win of the season against Essendon last week, with only percentage separating them and the sixth placed Sydney Swans in the logjam that is the middle of the ladder. Despite their young opponents having recorded six less wins, Lyon has been impressed with a number of the Lions’ recent performances.

With star Dayne Zorko and promising youngsters Eric Hipwood, Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage and Daniel McStay all returning to the side this weekend, the former Melbourne forward predicts that the Dogs may have their work cut out for them as they aim to avoid being the first reigning premiers to miss the finals since Hawthorn in 2009.

“I think they’re getting better with every game they play under Chris Fagan because they’re all starting to get on the one page,” said Lyon on SEN Breakfast. “They are a process driven side… [Lions coach Chris Fagan] has instituted a game style that is pretty specific. “I think they’re playing with a freedom now. They realise there is a light at the end of the tunnel. “I just think they’re developing along nicely and their very best is free-flowing, attacking and they go at it pretty hard. “I’m expecting the Dogs to win but I reckon if they’re not switched on, they’ll get jumped.”

Jack Redpath and Clay Smith have been named for the Dogs, with skipper Robert Murphy only being listed as a travelling emergency.

3KZ is Football Garry Lyon agrees with you.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Natch, we are both great football thinkers and he will be turning 50 in a month or so. It is clear that we have set ourselves for this one and I think we are very, very good things. Go Lions / Lyon!
Soon time to get him into the clique.

Natch, we are both great football thinkers and he will be turning 50 in a month or so. It is clear that we have set ourselves for this one and I think we are very, very good things. Go Lions / Lyon!

DO NOT WANT that Lyon in our clique thank you very much 3KZ is Football ... just so you don't get too palsy wellsy with that one and invite him to our other "home"!

... as it happens he might be rrrrr........ but coincidence only of course.

;)

DO NOT WANT that Lyon in our clique thank you very much 3KZ is Football ... just so you don't get too palsy wellsy with that one and invite him to our other "home"!

... as it happens he might be rrrrr........ but coincidence only of course.

;)
Hilarious! Couldn't say "RIGHT" - just like Fonzi couldn't say "SORRY"
OK, you win. As we say in the Over 50s Clique, "Happy MacMum, happy life."

It was when they were drafted. He rated him the best one he had played on at that point pre AFL careers

Correct. In a draft where the only other defender of any note was McStay and he would have played in the same team as Boyd, think they went to the same school. It was a terrible draft for defenders.

Correct. In a draft where the only other defender of any note was McStay and he would have played in the same team as Boyd, think they went to the same school. It was a terrible draft for defenders.
Yeah, I believe he was widely regarded as the best KPD in his draft class. Competitive, hated to be beaten 1 on 1 but undersized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back