Round 20- Geelong vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

They're making Hall look good here in the last, taken the foot right off the pedal, Swans with easy goals all over the place.

what is so demoralising for us I think is that we played really well and still got belted.

You were pretty good last time you played them at Kardinia as well, I think you've just got to accept that you came up against a team that is just a dominant outfit.

Great effort by the Cats though, and they'll be even more potent once they get back a few more of their gun players. Ablett's form looks ominous heading into the finals.

Thank god that match ended.

Sydney are so boring to watch. Glad re: No injuries, but they basically just mega-flooded for a full 2 QTRs there.

Very boring, Spider's a big dud now, Goodes beaten by Hunt :)D) another 4 points to the might cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney's best game might beat Geelong on an off day, but Geelong would still have that 2005 semi reminder whenever they play Sydney, so will always be switched on.

Sydney are so boring to watch. Glad re: No injuries, but they basically just mega-flooded for a full 2 QTRs there.

Very boring, Spider's a big dud now, Goodes beaten by Hunt :)D) another 4 points to the might cats.

what an arseh*le :thumbsdown:. You flooded just as much - its the cornerstone of your game plan. Hunt was OK, but I dont remember him beating Goodes in any 1 on 1s, mostly because the cats flooding meant there were very few 1 on 1s in the Sydney forward line. Goodes kicked 2 himself and set up another couple, which was servicable for a guy with a sore groin.

what an arseh*le :thumbsdown:. You flooded just as much - its the cornerstone of your game plan. Hunt was OK, but I dont remember him beating Goodes in any 1 on 1s, mostly because the cats flooding meant there were very few 1 on 1s in the Sydney forward line. Goodes kicked 2 himself and set up another couple, which was servicable for a guy with a sore groin.
We flooded yet won by 39 points :thumbsu:

Yeah the Cats flood and kick 20 goals all the time :rolleyes:

On a side note, Gary Ablett is a superstar!

Geelong don't flood. Geelong players push back when the opposition are attacking. Then when they get the ball, they push forward with run and carry. Then when the opposition gets the ball, they push back again. Then when they get the ball, push forward with run and carry. And so on, and so on.

No wonder Geelong are the best defensive and attacking team in the league when the players are prepared to work hard with or without the ball and have the skills to execute the gameplan.

Geelong don't flood. Geelong players push back when the opposition are attacking. Then when they get the ball, they push forward with run and carry. Then when the opposition gets the ball, they push back again. Then when they get the ball, push forward with run and carry. And so on, and so on.

No wonder Geelong are the best defensive and attacking team in the league when the players are prepared to work hard with or without the ball and have the skills to execute the gameplan.

What, they play a Swans-style game? Like JBolton, LAblett and McVeigh beating their men back when they don't get clean possession from stoppages and then counter-attacking through Kennelly, Malceski and Barry running out of defence? (yeah, the plan doesn't always work)

Swans never had the pure speed in the midfield to dominate like the Cats but you can't call the Swans for flooding and not call the Cats on it too. The way the Cats play is very similar to the 2005 Swans in some ways, counter-attacks and forcing to opposition to play at the pace they want; the big difference is the Cats preferred speed is as fast as they can go, while Sydney wanted to slow the game down to their in-and-under crew.

Good game Cats, wish we could get a Father-Son champ like that.

You're kidding yourself surely? You just described flooding? I was at the game, the flooding was pretty even between the two sides. Both teams played a very similar gameplan, Geelong were just better at it than we were.

You flooded too.

You also make Geelong supporters look bad. You are a tool.

Congrats to the rest of the Geelong supporters, just too good for us.

every single team in the afl floods, the ground at every game always has vast empty patches.

The swans are boring more often because they wont kick to a contest they muck around back and forth, and you cant do that at all against geelong.

Geelong have game breaking players and they play direct controlled up tempo footy and they have their numbers back but push forward in an awesome manner.

They are good to watch, annoying your team is flogged by them but they are good.

Harley must of annoyed that ump tho he got a raw deal, he is underrated, having seen him live a few times he is an awesome fearless backman no wonder he is such a good skipper.

Any chance luke ablett could train with his cousin?

You're kidding yourself surely? You just described flooding? I was at the game, the flooding was pretty even between the two sides. Both teams played a very similar gameplan, Geelong were just better at it than we were.

There is a difference between dropping extra players back (flooding) and pushing numbers back to help out your defence.

There is a difference between dropping extra players back (flooding) and pushing numbers back to help out your defence.

Well then you can choose who did what, because both sides did exactly the same thing on Saturday night. I don't care much for the terminology.

And, I don't think there is much of a difference to be honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back