Round 20 Trades: Elimination Final Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
those who traded Darcy in a few weeks ago merely as cover (R3) and had Witts as R2 would be spewing tonight.

I just pray that Carlton lets the public know before lockdown as to whether Kreuzer will or will not play.

Gawn v Stef?

Who wouldya choose for the final 4 weeks

2017 - Round 20.jpg

Team after trades: Ryan/Darcy > Glass/Stef

I feel S.Martin has regained his form with A.Smith gone. I see no benefit in trading out Greene/JPK/Danger as they'll be back next week, where as Darcy has proven to be a very good rookie, just not a premium. My bench is looking very sad.

So it comes down to Sloane to win my cash league. Not liking my chances...

In an elimination this week, have 2 trades left..

Do i trade Dangerfield for Tom Mitchell and leave myself with only 1 trade should i win... I have Mountford as my only playing mid emergency..

View attachment 399278

Team after trades: Ryan/Darcy > Glass/Stef

I feel S.Martin has regained his form with A.Smith gone. I see no benefit in trading out Greene/JPK/Danger as they'll be back next week, where as Darcy has proven to be a very good rookie, just not a premium. My bench is looking very sad.

So it comes down to Sloane to win my cash league. Not liking my chances...
I would have traded out Shaw before Ryan.

In an elimination this week, have 2 trades left..

Do i trade Dangerfield for Tom Mitchell and leave myself with only 1 trade should i win... I have Mountford as my only playing mid emergency..
As it is an elimination you have to go all out. No point in having trades left for next week if you lose this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The backline raises massive questions... I've got Lloyd, Newman, Tuohy and Ryan floating around D4-7 (Witherden is covering DangerJPK).

If we're talking recent form you'd order them Ryan, Newman, Lloyd, Tuohy, but then Ryan's recent average is distorted by last round's halo score, Tuohy's had 4 decent games at Skilled Stadium, and the two Swans are up and down like yoyos, with Newman generally cashing in good scores in Melbourne.

Lloyd's recent 63 seems like it was injury related. If he's fit, he's only dropped under 80 one other time: when he was poleaxed. If you remove that score he's the most consistant of the 4, so for me he's on the field looking at an 80-90 score. Ryan's on the field too - Newman and Tuohy's form suggest they have the most chance of going below 70. Plus, Blakely is out and it means Ryan (and Hughes) are the chance to play the half-back sweeper role.

So Newman or Tuohy on the bench? Leaning towards Newman due to Geelong not giving up a huge amount of points and the potential impact of McVeigh.

Yeah, wasn't sure about that. Had Ryan ranked slightly higher. But most of my cash league opponents have him, so not losing out. Shaw can't have 4 s**t games in a row right ?!

And I know withers/Ryan have been good, concerning having rookies as both D6/D7.
Taking the last 5 scores into account of each, Shaw is #24, Ryan #11, and Witherden #10.

Top six in order are Doc, Adams, Hurley, Hibberd, Jack Martin and.... Luke McDonald. Three of those guys - Martin, Hurley and McDonald - are massive PODs, Jack Martin being the most common of those in 6% of teams.

As for s**t games in a row... assuming you want your backs scoring 90+ if you define s**t as under 85 then he had 4 in a row from Rds 2-5, with 86 in Rd 1 saving him from 5 in a row.

Trying to figure out how to finish off my side, which of these combinations are better (baring in mind, I will be out of the country for the last two rounds, so will want to auto-pilot my side when possible).

Roberton (D5), JPK (M8), Billings (M9)
or
Simpson (D4), Gibbs/Treloar (M5), Bolton (M9)

Basically a question of strong bench cover (safe) vs better on field (risky)

Question: I've got 1 trade left, I'm possibly going to be eliminated in the league this week. I've got these options:

1. Newman / Tuohy -> any BAC, which benches the other of Newman and Tuohy.
2. JPK / Sloane -> any MID, which benches Greenwood/Nank this week if JPK, or next week if not. Alternatively can bench the other of Newman / Tuohy.
3. Greenwood -> any FWD, which benches Nank next week.

My presumed worst onfield score this week is Tuohy (with Newman on the bench). So that would make option 1 the best, however Greenwood has been rather inconsistant, and may be dropped this week which would rule out option 1.

The other thing is I can't pick the best MID that isn't Titch, Zerrett, Dusty, or Danger, nor can I pick the best FWD that isn't Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, or Hill. I'm leaning towards Hurley as a BAC option.

Hmmm.

Simpson (D4), Gibbs/Treloar (M5), Bolton (M9)

Basically a question of strong bench cover (safe) vs better on field (risky)
I presume the risky bit is Shai Bolton as bench cover... I'd take the risk, probably with Gibbs as he appears slightly more durable at the moment, over Treloar.

a win for me i think will come down to purely if Sloane can break a tag.. My team on the left, he has Witherden as emergency so think he wont trade Dangerfield..

upload_2017-8-4_15-38-36.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back