Round 20 Trades: Elimination Final Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if you'll get much out of a Witts to Gawn move to be honest

Witts has done pretty well this season, perhaps he's tiring now but I reckon not having Macrae and not having Witherden down back onfield are two moves that could also be done to improve your team across the finals

Newman to Adams yeah solid, you either keep him for D7, or upgrade him now as your other defender rookies will fly up in price this week and next.

Your midfield is good, Parker and Fyfe have came good late on.

I know they scored well this week, but I'm not sure if Ryan/Shaz/Stewart can produce like that for you every week at D6 in the finals, massive guessing game that is, Witherden is the best bet for now, his scoring range being 77-103.

1. I think Witts is tiring and I think Gawn is the freshest. Could also be talked into Martin/Kruz

2. I can't get Witherden down back unless I do a downgrade and I don't know who to cull out of Tuohy, Stewart or Sharenberg. Even Lloyd or Laird could even be scruitinsed. Obviously Newman becomes Adams because I don't like Newman's run over the next 4 weeks.

3. Was going to use Witherden to cover Danger this week who will likely be suspended

1. I think Witts is tiring and I think Gawn is the freshest. Could also be talked into Martin/Kruz

2. I can't get Witherden down back unless I do a downgrade and I don't know who to cull out of Tuohy, Stewart or Sharenberg. Even Lloyd or Laird could even be scruitinsed. Obviously Newman becomes Adams because I don't like Newman's run over the next 4 weeks.

3. Was going to use Witherden to cover Danger this week who will likely be suspended
Fair enough

Kruz got concussed didn't he? Maybe go Stef, he's going ok again without Smith around.

Maybe
Witts to Stef
Newman to Adams

R21
Workout if grabbing Macrae can be done, he should fall a little bit this week as he has 2 90s rolling through his average unless he pumps out a 140+, otherwise wait and see if any of your defenders are expendable that week too, they definitely will be in R22 once those big scores roll out.

Fair enough

Kruz got concussed didn't he? Maybe go Stef, he's going ok again without Smith around.

Maybe
Witts to Stef
Newman to Adams

R21
Workout if grabbing Macrae can be done, he should fall a little bit this week as he has 2 90s rolling through his average unless he pumps out a 140+, otherwise wait and see if any of your defenders are expendable that week too, they definitely will be in R22 once those big scores roll out.

Cheers. Think I'm gonna skip Macrae as I've got 6 premo fwds already when Greene is back and might look to up Gaff to Dusty/Beams for the last two rounds who are much more likely to go 120+ than Macrae

Cheers. Think I'm gonna skip Macrae as I've got 6 premo fwds already when Greene is back and might look to up Gaff to Dusty/Beams for the last two rounds who are much more likely to go 120+ than Macrae
Would you consider moving Witherden back to defence somehow also in R21-22?

Imo he's a better D6 option than the 3 other rookies who I previously mentioned, he's a ball magnet compared to the other 3 who rely on high mark numbers to score well.

Greene coming back in pushes Greenwood to the bench, so you can swing Greenwood to M9 that week as cover while Nank stays at F7.

I really do not rate Dahlhaus as a Dreamteamer currently, hence why I dumped him weeks ago, he'd be benched if I kept him, just a handball merchant these days. Anyways, if you feel more points are available via upgrading one of your mids then go for it, but I'd make sure Witherden is sitting at D6, Greenwood at M9 and Nank at F7 before you do it.

Would you consider moving Witherden back to defence somehow also in R21-22?

Imo he's a better D6 option than the 3 other rookies who I previously mentioned, he's a ball magnet compared to the other 3 who rely on high mark numbers to score well.

Greene coming back in pushes Greenwood to the bench, so you can swing Greenwood to M9 that week as cover while Nank stays at F7.

I really do not rate Dahlhaus as a Dreamteamer currently, hence why I dumped him weeks ago (he'd be benched if I kept him), just a handball merchant. Anyways, if you feel more points are available via upgrading one of your mids then go for it, but I'd make sure Witherden is sitting at D6, Greenwood at M9 and Nank at F7 before you do it.

Yeah I do want to get Witherden into the backs, but that requires either swapping him with Lloyd and benching Lloyd (I'd rather field him tho), or culling one of the backs which I"m having a hard time deciding on because they're all going along rather well (except Tuohy who has a good run home)

Yeah I do want to get Witherden into the backs, but that requires either swapping him with Lloyd and benching Lloyd (I'd rather field him tho), or culling one of the backs which I"m having a hard time deciding on because they're all going along rather well (except Tuohy who has a good run home)
Grab Connor Glass as a downgrade maybe this week or next for one of them then you'll have a DPP bench link down back which is what you want.

Frees up more cash as Newman to Adams will eat up 125k of your 191k left

You may not even need Glass this week, more points onfield are needed for you now seeing it's DT finals time so do your Adams and Stef trade, see if Gaff needs to be traded out or not then make the call whether you use your last two trades up or not next week.

2 of his remaining fixtures are at home v Brisbane and Carlton in the granny, can't do much else at this point but hold.

Well thas good news i dont see why his scoring changed so much it isnt like Hanners or JPKs scoring increased its not Kieran Jack is it ? Just like Mcveigh has stuffed up Llyod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DANGER GONE! BOY OH BOY WOWEE.

AFL has become softer than a mate of mine who complains about shin splints after walking up a slight hill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time i need Witherden to step up, watch him score 50.
I will personally be doing:

Danger > Sexy Robbie.

Did anyone else's ovaries tingle when Ryder tapped that ball down Sexy Robbies throat?

He's not DPP though and I got Adams in in R7 I think the week after Beams first went down. Shaw>>>Adams to start with hurt, but I fixed my mistakes up as the year went on. I think the lack of early cash cows hurt most though, if I had started with say the likes of Preuss, Turner, SPS and McGrath then I would've had more cash reserves to be able to afford super premiums like Zerrett, Dusty, Gibbs and Zorko earlier in the season. Alas I will only finish with Zerrett likely (could get Dusty/Gibbs in this week, but I'm thinking having coverage is even more crucial now, so I'm looking at an inferior M8 type instead).

I think after this year maybe I'll change my mind on how I perceive available forwards/defenders compared to midfielders though.

If someone with injury prone history but has the scoring capabilities like Adams is available as a forward/defender perhaps then if they get injured early in the season then they should be easily replaced by someone else on that line as they would likely be one of the top scorers in that position and a replacement would likely be cheaper than what they are, however, potentially with midfielders though, you may not get that same luxury as picking the best 8 midfielders is much tougher than picking the best 6 forwards/defenders due to more midfielders being available for selection, as we have seen this year. Guys like Rocky and Sloane looked like top 8 mids after the first 7-8 rounds, yet won't be due to form/injury/tag etc, yet someone under the radar like Mitch Duncan probably will be a top 8 mid, or close to it.

When Beams got injured in R6 I upgraded him to Adams because Adams was averaging like 120 at the time and I thought he could fly out to 700k, so I grabbed him at 624k IIRC, but in doing so I had to use the two trades as Beams was about 565k at the time I think. I'd much prefer an injury trade to be 1 sideways trade and not have to do a downgrade to fund an upgrade in that scenario, perhaps having that risky high priced fwd/def type is the better starting option than a risky mid.

*Nek minnut, Adams goes down in DT Finals, I blame Coot in advance ;)
Getting the right rookies at the start of the year is so so important and it seems so easy in hindsight but we all know that this is not the case.
I believe though that just because someone has been injury prone in one year (or even two for that matter) does not ensure that he will be again the following year. With six months to get his shoulder back to 100% I feel that Beams could be great value next year.
BTY - if Adams gets injured this week, it's not my fault.

Getting the right rookies at the start of the year is so so important and it seems so easy in hindsight but we all know that this is not the case.
I believe though that just because someone has been injury prone in one year (or even two for that matter) does not ensure that he will be again the following year. With six months to get his shoulder back to 100% I feel that Beams could be great value next year.

Adams had pretty low t.o.g last week.

He is certainly playing very sore

True and it's why we should nail our starting sides

Only trading aggressively can get you back in the hunt when you haven't started well due to poor starting selections, but unfortunately that method bites ya in the backside late in the season as you run out of trades having used 3-5 early on on corrective trades. I think if you can put away a max of 2 corrective trades early on then you're doing ok.
He's been injury prone since 2013 though

2013 he had a 3 month quad
2014 he burnt many going down with a hammy in DT Finals
2015 he went down with something around this time leading up to the finals
2016 he only played 2 games
This year he had a 2 week quad and he dislocated his shoulder

There's enough evidence to suggest he's a very injury prone player and not someone you'd want to rely upon. Most of us took the gamble on him this year because he was cheap.
Stop bringing him up then....... I've owned him for the last 13 weeks, yes I didn't start with him and I missed out on 6 weeks of scores, but I rectified that issue.

I still won't go near certain players in the future due to their durability, however, if the price is right/upside outweighs the risk then I will grab said player.

True and it's why we should nail our starting sides

Re Adams
Stop bringing him up then....... I've owned him for the last 13 weeks, yes I didn't start with him and I missed out on 6 weeks of scores, but I rectified that issue..
You were the one that raised that in an earlier post. I was just replying to your comment blaming me if it were to happen.

I've only got two left and I'm still alive if I were to lose this week. I'm tempted to leave things as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back