Review Round 22, 2018 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller stoked the fire last night. It was cheap shot after cheap shot. Like greenwood the previous week. Sure zorks didnt react well but im sure everyone has reacted badly out of frustration at times. Millers antics even drew the ire of beams throughout the game. Says more about the ability of miller (and greenwood) if they cant tag without the garbage. Watch the tagging job steele did on mitchell in the hawks game as an example.

I said a few weeks ago that the young brigade were showing signs of fatigue and it was very evident last night, heavy legs all round. The end of the season cant come soon enough. Just hope more injuries like withos dont result. A rest then a another preseason into these boys will pay dividends. They have been able to play out games well this year, playing out a long season is the next goal.

Good signs from bailey and starcevich, i think we will be seeing many more games from them next year. Hope to see cox, skinner, wooller, ballenden and payne step up too. keays, hinge and lyons may surprise.

Night games in qld, at the gabba or metricon, are just slipping, sliding, fumbling affairs making for really scrappy games. As was last nights game. The evening dew is a real bugger.

Night games in qld, at the gabba or metricon, are just slipping, sliding, fumbling affairs making for really scrappy games. As was last nights game. The evening dew is a real bugger.
It was brought up in the mid week press conference with Dew and Fagan and Dew, (hahaha! Nice coincidence) said that they have been training at night to get used to those conditions.
I am not sure that we have been and it definitely showed. They were better in the conditions than we were. But I still felt that we were the better team overall but just couldn’t capitalise on the chances we had. Due to terrible goal kicking inparticular.
A good percentage of their goals were from places that they should not have been kicking goals when we were missing from dead in front.

I'm not surprised the youngsters are tired. Back in 2013 (I know you're all tired of hearing it) by this time in the season I was ready to sleep for a week and never watch another game of footy again. Sick of driving, sick of flying, sick of making sure I was in the right place at the right time and sick of being tired. It's why Richmond annoy the crap out of me with their home ground advantage so much - they have no ****ing idea.

A bit off topic...

re the above polls, as I didn't see any of the game last night I came here to catch up. Obviously I'm not voting in the poll, but wanted to have a look at who got most of the votes to gauge who you all thought played well etc..

..it doesn't allow me to look without casting a vote. Any way that can be changed?

Would be good to be able to see the votes even if I haven't voted, for whatever reason. (family wedding in my case)

A bit off topic...

re the above polls, as I didn't see any of the game last night I came here to catch up. Obviously I'm not voting in the poll, but wanted to have a look at who got most of the votes to gauge who you all thought played well etc..

..it doesn't allow me to look without casting a vote. Any way that can be changed?

Would be good to be able to see the votes even if I haven't voted, for whatever reason. (family wedding in my case)
You don’t need to make 5 votes.
Just put in a vote for Alex Witherden he went off in the first quarter with a hammy and hasn’t received a vote yet.

Zorko is Zorko. He was overlooked in 4 drafts and was pawned off for a packet of chips by the club in his own backyard. It was an insult and he will let them know about that clanger every time he lines up against him.

That chip on his shoulder that occasionally overflows into petulance is the exact same chip that fuels his ability to play insanely good, relentless football where he is borderline unstoppable at times. If he’s not on the emotional edge, he isn’t gonna fire.

You can’t have one without the other with Zorko. He’s not a robot that just needs a bit of code tidied up. Yeah perhaps the captaincy isn’t for him but give him a ******* break. He has been amazing for the Brisbane Lions football club.

He had another moment of petulance last night, but if the AFL got real on a particular breed of taggers, particularly stopping them laying cheap shots every 15 seconds, it might not have even happened. Miller has more talent than that... the Suns are turning him into a blight.

You know, you can allow yourself be a little bit tribal sometimes and just back your guys in, particularly those whose contributions far outweigh their flaws. He’s not Jeremy Cameron, no one has bleeding in the brain. He’s just a bit of a brat at times. Our brat. In the cold light of day he will own it again, and do his best to keep a lid on it in the heat of the moment again. But it’s all a bit too easy to criticise from the couch, feet up, with a beer in hand.

All that is true and correct. Im just not down with stuff after the siren. Got any other examples of people doing that after the final siren? It is incredibly rare and not within the bounds of sportmanship. Players dont do it. Everything else was fine and as you say.. zorko.

Imagine our season if we had the same injuries as the suns.....Future looks bright?

Zorko needs to give the captaincy to Andrews

Time for Fagan to become a assistant and bring in a real coach

A bit off topic...

Try now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine our season if we had the same injuries as the suns.....Future looks bright?

Why? What difference will one game make? Harris will be the captain eventually, why rush it? Just let him get voted into the role by his peers when they and him are in agreement he's ready.

lol

Zorks will hand the captaincy to andrews but not till 2021 at the earliest. The pressure of captaincy on young shoulders has crueled young players in the past. Let his game mature first, i reckon if you were to ask him, he would say he still has much to learn. A lot of over reaction to zorkos behavior from many i think.

As for fagan stepping down to become an assistant, i hope you were joking. He is doing a fine job. Just what we need now and for the next cpl of years at least. Sure, he could be a bit more pro active at times in games but he also needs the cattle to be able to confidently carry out any adjustments. And hasnt strategiest danny daly been crook, i dont know how much he has been able to contribute. As a second year coach im sure he will develop with the team. The improvement he has brought to the club on and off the field in 2 yrs has been terrific.

Miller stoked the fire last night. It was cheap shot after cheap shot. Like greenwood the previous week. Sure zorks didnt react well but im sure everyone has reacted badly out of frustration at times. Millers antics even drew the ire of beams throughout the game. Says more about the ability of miller (and greenwood) if they cant tag without the garbage. Watch the tagging job steele did on mitchell in the hawks game as an example.

I said a few weeks ago that the young brigade were showing signs of fatigue and it was very evident last night, heavy legs all round. The end of the season cant come soon enough. Just hope more injuries like withos dont result. A rest then a another preseason into these boys will pay dividends. They have been able to play out games well this year, playing out a long season is the next goal.

Good signs from bailey and starcevich, i think we will be seeing many more games from them next year. Hope to see cox, skinner, wooller, ballenden and payne step up too. keays, hinge and lyons may surprise.

Really looking forward to seeing what Ballenden can bring next year.

Why? What difference will one game make? Harris will be the captain eventually, why rush it? Just let him get voted into the role by his peers when they and him are in agreement he's ready.

Its just embarrassing the way Zorko acts he should be our captain, i agree its early for Andrews but unless Beams stays who else could be the captain?

Zorks will hand the captaincy to andrews but not till 2021 at the earliest. The pressure of captaincy on young shoulders has crueled young players in the past. Let his game mature first, i reckon if you were to ask him, he would say he still has much to learn. A lot of over reaction to zorkos behavior from many i think.

As for fagan stepping down to become an assistant, i hope you were joking. He is doing a fine job. Just what we need now and for the next cpl of years at least. Sure, he could be a bit more pro active at times in games but he also needs the cattle to be able to confidently carry out any adjustments. And hasnt strategiest danny daly been crook, i dont know how much he has been able to contribute. As a second year coach im sure he will develop with the team. The improvement he has brought to the club on and off the field in 2 yrs has been terrific.
We have won 5 games this year with the best injury list in the AFL we probably would of won max 2 if we had a Collingwood type injury list like we have had before

I agree with Andrews being too young but who else would replace Zorko with Beams most likely gone

Back