parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Couldn't see a round thread so here goes.

It looks like North Melbourne continue to refuse to wear white shorts in home games, which is strange since Geelong often wear them against the same opponents. North in royal blue shorts v Essendon in black would have been better today.

The Crows are in their gather round all navy jumper with white shorts today v Brisbane which is an interesting choice.

Pretty messy at the Gabba. The Crows really need a white or yellow jumper for games like this.
They need to bring back a version of this bad boy they wore in the 2005 Heritage Round as an alternate. A navy version would be good against the likes of Sydney, North Melbourne and Gold Coast
2005-heritage-scaled.jpg

What's peoples thoughts on Carlton v Melbourne. Doesn't seem too bad.
I wouldn’t give it a pass.

It’s ok, but at night it’s really not sufficient.

Adelaide need to bring back the yellow hoops.

Why wear their "Gather round" jumper?

Seriously, North need to grow up.
Why North? What did I miss?

Refusal to wear white shorts in home games.
I don't like North in blue shorts. It really makes their kit jarring. White is so much cleaner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide need to bring back the yellow hoops.

Why wear their "Gather round" jumper?

Seriously, North need to grow up.
Gather Round jumper with white shorts was probably the best option they had out of their jumper set, but it does a disservice to the design which looks a hell of a lot better with the blue shorts. Yellow would easily be the ideal though, red just isn’t enough of a clash breaker.
As for North, I think them wearing their blue shorts is reasonable, especially against Essendon who don’t wear any black. The real issue here is the AFL making Essendon wear white shorts which are North’s predominant colour. It’s an unfortunate hangover from the old black shorts for home and white shorts for away games and there’s nothing that peeves me more than a light/dark vs dark/light matchup.

Gather Round jumper with white shorts was probably the best option they had out of their jumper set, but it does a disservice to the design which looks a hell of a lot better with the blue shorts. Yellow would easily be the ideal though, red just isn’t enough of a clash breaker.
As for North, I think them wearing their blue shorts is reasonable, especially against Essendon who don’t wear any black. The real issue here is the AFL making Essendon wear white shorts which are North’s predominant colour. It’s an unfortunate hangover from the old black shorts for home and white shorts for away games and there’s nothing that peeves me more than a light/dark vs dark/light matchup.
North in blue shorts isn't the issue I agree (although it's clearly them pushing the coloured home/white away shorts rule). We need to move away from the notion that someone needs to be in white shorts when they don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back