Autopsy Round 3 – Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Saturday 7th April 2018, SCG, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Great Summary and I agree with most.
I dont think HH should be given up on just yet.
Is Simpson the obvious replacement for an injured Lobb? where is Keeffe at?
I dont think Reid should be in the Team at all unless there are no other options which with Bonar, Cumming Perryman, Shipley there currently are plus Of the injured guys Langdon, kennedy, Buntine & even Griff when they come back I would have ahead of him.
Greene is an auto in when he comes up
I think there's no chance Dawson doesn't play next week if Lobb is out. Against Sandilands he might actually be our best option anyway.

Delivery to the forwards was awful. Expecting them to just plunk it when virtually every kick inside the fwd 50 was bombed high is just silly.

Same every year. It's a massive weakness compounded by our key forwards and their desire for the ball to be bombed on their head as well (when you're watching the game keep count of the number of times Jezza and Patton put their arm up pointing over their head/behind them. Don't turn this into a drinking game). There's only a couple of players who'll lower their eyes to try to honour a lead.

I think there's no chance Dawson doesn't play next week if Lobb is out. Against Sandilands he might actually be our best option anyway.

Against Freo I agree. I'd be tempted to play Flynn against the Saints the week after if Lobb misses more than one week. I feel that we need the more mobile ruck to facilitate our game plan - we looked better with Patton last night than we did in the JLT with Dawson.

I remember the club debuting Tom Downie against Sandi in Freo...poor kid
:(Big ask for sure.

I actually liked Downie in 2015. The game against the Blues at Spotless for example he started off getting smashed by Kruezer, but every ime he lost the contest came back harder next time. By the end of the game he was all over him.

Same every year. It's a massive weakness compounded by our key forwards and their desire for the ball to be bombed on their head as well (when you're watching the game keep count of the number of times Jezza and Patton put their arm up pointing over their head/behind them. Don't turn this into a drinking game). There's only a couple of players who'll lower their eyes to try to honour a lead.
It's a particular problem when Jezza apparently thinks he's the hulk and tries to out muscle any defender when in reality he gets thrown around by smaller men ala Rampe last night.

Will be waiting for the match review on Sandilands...Might miss a week for a late hit....could we be that lucky

Hey Faithful,
I was at the game last night. Felt a bit flat after some bad play and hate to say, inconsistent umpiring.
I noted the earlier stats comment and note they keep stats on everything. Does anyone know of a heat map of the ground that shows which umpire, frees for and against, and at what time they were given?
I ask because the times we went in, we were clobbered by over the shoulder, push in the back calls.
Then there were some rubbish free kicks to us later in the game that I’ve always seen as ‘even up the count’ free kicks.
Can anyone point me to a stats map?

Pretty frustrating to watch at stages last night and I think a point LC will focus on at training is how they could not stop the run of goals for the swans which i think was 8 or so in a row and I think it is down to the leaders to step up and get around the players to motivate them and also to have an impact on the contest. Ward and Shaw would be the players I would expect
Good to see Patton show what he can do in the ruck and Cogs keeping up his early season form
Reid is a favourite of mine but he hasn't been able to get involved and last night was not a good game for him so if the game has passed him or he needs to find some form in the 2's? It may also be because he has been playing all over the park instead of focusing on one role. I agree he is likely to be out for Greene for this week but I do hope he manages another run of games before the end of the year but it could be unlikely as I think Bonar is ready to come in and Freo in Canberra would be a good game for a debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back