Autopsy Round 4, 2023: Hawks go home at half time v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes we need to take the little wins at this point, and I understand what you're saying.

For me the frustration comes from how easily we were dominated, and not the losses themselves. Ironically it's the actual context of the game (that I've apparently ignored) that is the cause of the frustration.

The question boils down to whether we have a plan B for when we don’t have possession and it’s a matter of experience that we cannot execute at the moment.

It’s concerning that we don’t see any glimpses of that like we are of the attacking play we’re all chuffed with.

The question boils down to whether we have a plan B for when we don’t have possession and it’s a matter of experience that we cannot execute at the moment.

It’s concerning that we don’t see any glimpses of that like we are of the attacking play we’re all chuffed with.

That was the posession game agains t north, where ground covered was down for both teams on one of the afls biggest ovals?

Look, both you and The Hands of Stone are right in that I'm looking at the games on the whole, and not just isolating the 15 minutes of solid footy at the expense of the rest of what happened in the games.

Essendon kicked 9 goals in a row. They kicked 16.9 to our 5.6 after quarter time.

Sydney piled on 13 goals in a row against us and we were never in that game.

Geelong kicked 15.10 to 1.3 in a half of football against us.

Playing well and being competitive for small periods is nice and is hopefully a sign of things to come. But the rest of the game we were completely uncompetitive, and the ease in which all three teams dominated us reflects how completely uncompetitive we were. That's not "bullshit" worst case scenario, nor is it ignoring the context of anything.
It’s is ignoring the context of our games completely and utterly, because you literally wrote here previous tor the home and away season starting that you were ready for this season and the losses that would come as a consequence of the rebuild and yet the constant disregard for all the little wins since has proven anything but this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back