Analysis Round 4, 2023: Player Video Review vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Any feedback or suggestions on these?

From an individual perspective do we want to see all 1v1's? All possessions regardless of having a disposal? Chases? Or just stick to the general stuff?
From a team perspective do we want to see Inside 50s? Kick-ins? Centre clearances? Scoring chains etc? If it's not too much I could add more clips moving forward. Whatever has the most demand will be most likely.

#2 Jake Waterman

#3 Andrew Gaff

#5 Jayden Hunt

#6 Elliot Yeo

#7 Rueben Ginbey

#8 Elijah Hewett

#10 Sam Petrevski-Seton

#11 Tim Kelly

#12 Oscar Allen

#14 Liam Duggan

#16 Luke Edwards

#19 Brady Hough

#25 Shannon Hurn

#27 Jack Darling

#28 Tom Cole

#31 Jamaine Jones

#32 Bailey Williams

#35 Josh Rotham (sub)

#36 Connor West

#37 Tom Barrass

#39 Greg Clark

#44 Noah Long

#49 Jai Culley

• Kick-ins
  • Centre bounces

Not too hard to add those in

Scoring chains would be nice (goals and behinds)

That’s assuming it’s not too time intensive as what you’re doing is already fantastic and well beyond what any of us deserve

I only mention because i was trying to have another look at tim kellys game. im a minute in with a 2m handball that missed a target, 2 round the body hack kicks that people would be stuck in on if it was gaff, and a grubber kick i50 along the ground.

some of the other stuff is the much smoother movement we hope for.

I would love to be able to see how some more oof a players posesions end up? since one of them cuts of as its about a 4-5 seconds for the gather then we see the kick go i50 and it goes to the next highlight.
I get the need for smaller clips though, not every tackle is the same as a gather of the back of the square 1 2 handball kick i50 D:
wether that is timing the highlight after the ball leaves their control, or slightly longer. IDK

Last edited:
I only mention because i was trying to have another look at tim kellys game. im a minute in with a 2m handball that missed a target, 2 round the body hack kicks that people would be stuck in on if it was gaff, and a grubber kick i50 along the ground.

some of the other stuff is the much smoother movement we hope for.

I would love to be able to see how some more oof a players posesions end up? since one of them cuts of as its about a 4-5 seconds for the gather then we see the kick go i50 and it goes to the next highlight.
I get the need for smaller clips though, not every tackle is the same as a gather of the back of the square 1 2 handball kick i50 D:
wether that is timing the highlight after the ball leaves their control, or slightly longer. IDK
I know what you mean. I don't press start/stop when creating these. When I press the button for a stat, it creates an 8 second clip with 2 seconds of footage before the stat and 6 seconds of footage after. I don't check them all because it's too tedious to check if every stat fits in the 8 second window, and I don't want too much excess footage. I could extend the lag to 8 seconds, which just means for players with 20 clips for example, they would now have an additional 2 mins of extra footage, which may not even add anything for some players. I'll extend the lag to 8 seconds next game and see how that goes.

Gaff much better than I thought watching those clips. The botched i50 and missed handball to Duggan really stood out to me watching live, but not all of that hard at it in and under stuff. Just throwing himself at the ball and creating a contest. Thanks for the clips, have helped change my mind!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff much better than I thought watching those clips. The botched i50 and missed handball to Duggan really stood out to me watching live, but not all of that hard at it in and under stuff. Just throwing himself at the ball and creating a contest. Thanks for the clips, have helped change my mind!

Reckon this has been the case for Gaffs last three weeks. I've been less and less displeased, but anything bad he did has stuck in my mind. Stuff like calling for the ball on his wrong side. But every week I've watched back his highlights and been less annoyed by his dumb stuff and more impressed by the execution of his weaknesses.

Last edited:
Culley just seems to go down to his knees whenever he gets the opportunity, very prone to be drawn on top of the ground ball and doesn't really extract it that well. Really no synergy at the moment with Gibney, they seem to get in each overs way.

Culley just seems to go down to his knees whenever he gets the opportunity, very prone to be drawn on top of the ground ball and doesn't really extract it that well. Really no synergy at the moment with Gibney, they seem to get in each overs way.

Jesus, any chance they can have more than one game together to assess?

chris jericho what GIF by CBC

100% poster of the year.

Happy to see OA have faith in his body to throw it around into Viney.
Viney's not an easy man to move, and he easily wins the contested ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back