Round 4 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

tough decision, I need a replacement ruck since Naismith is out for a while now.
Thing is, I need to get Pittonet in now before he rises another 50k+ so that means I can't take Naismith's E score....oh well.

I could move Ceglar to R2 next week but I think Pittonet is just too much value to resist and I can't get a better fwd at that price.

I also have to address my fwd bench, of which I have none (Sturt, Comben)

Looking like:

Sturt to Hamill via Brander
D.Cameron to Pittonett

Midfield rookies being dropped, plus Naismith injury has me seriously doubting my initial trade plans.

Was going Jacobs to Pittonet and Anderson to Simpkin which would have left just two rookies on field in the mids, with one of them being Rowell.

Do I still upgrade Anderson to Simpkin (can’t get any other rookie to him)?

With Pickett (dropped) and Bennell (managed) I would just take McInerney’s 50 (loophole) this week.

Just worried about trading out a playing rookie when I’ve just lost two rookies in the mids this week.

Plan would be to move a Budarick/Rivers into the mids for Pickett next week, or a Serong if he scores well enough.

go best of 2 scores

how they calculate price changes will be interesting then...
while increasing price is generally good, but not so much when we are expecting a fallen premium to drop further in price...
or maybe an injured player who only score 10 in a game but 120 next..

EDIT:
and also, how will the rolling lockout work then ?
its not gonna be funny if a player is injured in the first game and still locked for the second game that he wont play in...

Last edited:
how they calculate price changes will be interesting then...
while increasing price is generally good, but not so much when we are expecting a fallen premium to drop further in price...
or maybe an injured player who only score 10 in a game but 120 next..
Haha good point. All this could have been solved if they just used average scores for one week! But that was too simple a solution I guess...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Impressive on field team

Bench rookies look problematic though

I've been loathe to invest in new bench rookies because their JS has been s**t for the most part. Will see how Serong goes this week. Hopefully Rankine gets a run soon so I can add a bit of bench depth.

Any other year I wouldn't even consider culling Brander & Taylor this early...idk

I've been loathe to invest in new bench rookies because their JS has been sh*t for the most part. Will see how Serong goes this week. Hopefully Rankine gets a run soon so I can add a bit of bench depth.

Any other year I wouldn't even consider culling Brander & Taylor this early...idk

By your logic, isn't that even more reason to keep the good rookies instead of culling too early?

By your logic, isn't that even more reason to keep the good rookies instead of culling too early?

Yes and no. 17 game season, need to be a bit more aggressive imo. Ideally I would keep Brander and cull Pickett this week instead.

If you look at it as upgrading an on-field rookie Brander > Simpkin and downgrading a bench rookie Taylor > Hamill it makes more sense.

You wouldn't know Brander, Taylor and Simpkin's b/e's by any chance?

Yes and no. 17 game season, need to be a bit more aggressive imo. Ideally I would keep Brander and cull Pickett this week instead.

If you look at it as upgrading an on-field rookie Brander > Simpkin and downgrading a bench rookie Taylor > Hamill it makes more sense.

You wouldn't know Brander, Taylor and Simpkin's b/e's by any chance?

Rookies: - 5
Jye: 28

Where do I find final teams for tonight's game? I havent been able to find final teams once yet this season on this trash new afl website

It was fine 10 years ago but every single "upgrade" they've had since has gone from worse to worse. Now, it is just rubbish.

The need to visit it diminishes each week.

But did they improve the stats for each game now, in that you can sort them highest to lowest, whereas before you could not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back