MVP Round 4 Votes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

:eek:Staggered Stamos, not sure I could find room for Robinson and Waite in the votes today but each to their own!

I have always been tough on Waite but he was the only forward target all day - Crameri struggled with his kicking for a while too but was valuable because when these guys mark it their team keeps possesion. If it was you who said Robbo's decision making is letting him down - then I agree with that

Lucas -5 Not anywhere near hard enough at it. Would rather Ellard or Joseph having a crack than playing first rounders that lack appetite for the contest.

Bower -4 Rabbit in headlights returned

Yarran -3 (grow a heart kid, amazing how hurt players get when we are being whacked)

Jeffy -2 No Friday night lights so this bloke checks out for the day

Hammer -1 Warnock says thanks.

Crameri Stanton Hocking ---------------------------daylight---------------------------7 other hacks that wouldnt get a run in our team then some of our harder triers get an honorable mention, Laidler, Simmo, Judd, Murph, Eddie not many others.

Agree that Lucas for BYP is LOL stuff
A little disappointed in Yarran today too for not laying tackles.
I did not notice Emu being headlight dazzled but cannot dispute your other points

5. Simmo
4. Waite
3. Judd
2. -----
1. -----

Hendo was ok only (we were lucky Hurley went off). Murph so patchy that he misses too. Kreuze/Rucks were beaten. Eddie can have half a vote.

I was at the game behind the coaches boxes on ground level so I didnt see the game as well as I would have liked. Am yet to watch the replays. But it seemed we panicked and threw the ball on our boots way too often instead of thinking our way through. From ground level it seemed that Robbo and Bower were the most obvious but that was from the perspective of feeling we had already declared we were not up for a tough contest so perhaps I was already seeing what I thought was happening with that mindset already established. I just felt we didnt give a yelp today. Its easy to blame individuals, but it was a team display and it was not pretty.

And cant agree with Waite getting votes. He may have presented all day but mentally tough players kick set shots when the team needs them. He failed that test dismally. Noticed it last week, refused to have a set shot from 50 out. Maybe he knows his limitations, and seems to have no trouble kicking from 50 on the run but refuses to take a set shot from 50. Not good enough from a genuine KPF IMO. I hope they give Rowe a crack to see if he can. Cant see why they chased him if they dont.

Garry Lyon gave Hendo 1 vote for worst on ground. Was he watching a different match to me?

5- Simmo- Ran his guts out
4- Murphy- Prolific but lacked usual polish
3- Henderson- Stood up under a lot of pressure
2- Judd- Not the best Judd game but everyone else was poor.
1- Waite- Worked hard but needs to get his kicking for goal confidence back.

Almost didn't vote a I didn't pay enough attention plus finding 5 players that won their position is hard but want to vote win/loss/draw so. ..

5. Marc Murphy
4. Heath Scotland
3. Eddie Betts
2. Lachlan Henderson
1. Kade Simpson

BYP: Lucas (not that that is saying much)

5 hendo:tried....ish
4 waite......got it......ish
3 laidler-for somehow playing on
2 simmo-did stuff....i think
1 armfield.......did nothing wrong that i saw

People voting for Hendo has got me confused. He was shocking today. His disposal was poor and his decison making even worse.

Kept on trying to sell the candy, gave out hospital handballs, in the third qtr he came dashing out of defence, didn't let Murphy grab the ball, he decided to take the game on himself but then his kick forward was terrible - a wobbler off the side of the boot straight to a Dons player.

Wasn't doing too well on Hurley or Crameri either. He certainly is capable of MUCH better than that. But yeah Gary Lyon was right to have him amongst the worst players of the day, put in a stinker.

People voting for Hendo has got me confused. He was shocking today. His disposal was poor and his decison making even worse.

Kept on trying to sell the candy, gave out hospital handballs, in the third qtr he came dashing out of defence, didn't let Murphy grab the ball, he decided to take the game on himself but then his kick forward was terrible - a wobbler off the side of the boot straight to a Dons player.

Wasn't doing too well on Hurley or Crameri either. He certainly is capable of MUCH better than that. But yeah Gary Lyon was right to have him amongst the worst players of the day, put in a stinker.
mate it was hard to give anybody votes-they all stunk
We are just looking for degrees of stench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 - Murphy

Don't believe in giving votes to anyone who didn't win their position and no one apart from Murph did.

Very much reminded me of the game against the Dogs last year. You could tell from early in the 2nd Quarter that we were going to lose.

Like watching a car crash.

How the **** can we only kick 1 goal in an entire half of football (2nd and 3rd Qs) in absolutely perfect football conditions with everything to play for????

Speechless.

5 - Murphy

Don't believe in giving votes to anyone who didn't win their position and no one apart from Murph did.

Very much reminded me of the game against the Dogs last year. You could tell from early in the 2nd Quarter that we were going to lose.

Like watching a car crash.

How the **** can we only kick 1 goal in an entire half of football (2nd and 3rd Qs) in absolutely perfect football conditions with everything to play for????

Speechless.

Hear that. Within the context of footy, I'm actually in some form of mild shock.

5 - Murphy - Star.
4 - Henderson - see below
3 - Betts - Did as much as he could
2 - Judd - Wasn't regular Judd, but he wasn't bad.
1 - Scotland - Meh

I thought Henderson put in a great effort, other than that dropped mark right on our forward 50. Not sure how anybody could say he was amongst worst on? Might need to watch the game again (if I can sit through the pain). It seems like some of us were watching different games to others. Interesting.

Simmo and Waite put in great efforts, but I am too dirty with their poor kicking for goal (especially Simmo, who is usually fantastic) to put them in the votes. Sorry lads. I still love yas though.

5. Murphy
4. Henderson
3. Simpson
4. Waite
5. Judd

-1. Lucas
-2. Yarran
-3. Hampson
-4. Bower
-5. Robinson

5 - Murphy - Star.
4 - Henderson - see below
3 - Betts - Did as much as he could
2 - Judd - Wasn't regular Judd, but he wasn't bad.
1 - Scotland - Meh

I thought Henderson put in a great effort, other than that dropped mark right on our forward 50. Not sure how anybody could say he was amongst worst on? Might need to watch the game again (if I can sit through the pain). It seems like some of us were watching different games to others. Interesting.

Simmo and Waite put in great efforts, but I am too dirty with their poor kicking for goal (especially Simmo, who is usually fantastic) to put them in the votes. Sorry lads. I still love yas though.

You're kidding aren't ya?

5: Judd - the only midfielder who was running the ball through the middle and not looking for a receive by throwing his arms in the air. Didn't notice Hocking. The only player who gave it back to them.
4: Waite - could have got us on a roll, but didn't convert this week. Kicked off too few steps and went too close to the man on the mark. Poor kick after he missed Mclean who was alone inside 50. Brock was killed by at least three grubbers on Saturday.
3: Murphy - didn't appear to have any more influence at the clearances than Gibbs. Ratten should have asked him to do more at the coal face and lead by releasing his teammates. Fewer clearances than Mclean who started as the sub. Robinson had as much of the ball in dangerous spots, but just couldn't make the most of his chances.
2: Betts
1: Henderson

Best young player: Tuohy - Throw him into the middle where his speed, straight ahead game, long kicking and hardness will be valuable. In the fourth quarter, Tuohy just threw one Bomber out of the way. A bit of a bulldozer like Kreuzer.

5: Judd - the only midfielder who was running the ball through the middle and not looking for a receive by throwing his arms in the air. Didn't notice Hocking. The only player who gave it back to them.
4: Waite - could have got us on a roll, but didn't convert this week. Kicked off too few steps and went too close to the man on the mark. Poor kick after he missed Mclean who was alone inside 50. Brock was killed by at least three grubbers on Saturday.
3: Murphy - didn't appear to have any more influence at the clearances than Gibbs. Ratten should have asked him to do more at the coal face and lead by releasing his teammates. Fewer clearances than Mclean who started as the sub. Robinson had as much of the ball in dangerous spots, but just couldn't make the most of his chances.

2: Betts
1: Henderson

Best young player: Tuohy - Throw him into the middle where his speed, straight ahead game, long kicking and hardness will be valuable. In the fourth quarter, Tuohy just threw one Bomber out of the way. A bit of a bulldozer like Kreuzer.
It begs the question why you'd vote for these boys if you have nothing positive to say about their games. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back