Review Round 5, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We faltered slightly in the 4th, but we also were down a rotation for nearly 4/5ths of the match.

Sure McStay/Hipwood were leading really well, but the work before the i50 entry was also so awesome to see.

Bailey.... what a freaking gun! goes hard for the tackle, go hards for the kicks.. so great

Berry the Younger repaid the faith Fagan put in him, really good work i think.
Starc too, there were some moments of real beauty.

Andrews outplayed the real *small charlie* (get stuffed commentators, Charles is the big charlie in every way)
But our whole backline worked really well together to neutralise them.

Lyons again putting in a whole game of just great work. I think after middway of the 1st our midfield work was just awesome, even seeing Berry the Youner and McCarthy in there? Berry stepped up with CEY going down.
Neale has a really great offensive mindset when he goes for the 1-2 handball. He has really impeccable timing to get himself in the perfect position to make the next disposal really effective. That really sets him apart from so many others.

And finally our forwards! I was near-turgid in that second half (I kid... but man what a thrill!)

Some really great leading from the font and marks by many of them, McStay showed his great work around the ground.

Super happy they all stood up. So many of our forwards can lead up the ground too...

And gotta show some love for Linc :D

Last edited:
It's been said by a couple of posters already but I found it difficult to pick five for this game. We took our foot off a little in the 4th but we stepped up when we needed to. On a different note, who do we bring in for CEY?

It's been said by a couple of posters already but I found it difficult to pick five for this game. We took our foot off a little in the 4th but we stepped up when we needed to. On a different note, who do we bring in for CEY?
Our skipper.

Very good win. The second quarter was the best they have played in a while. Really good signs for the future.
Love watching Hughie and Bez. What a combination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryd Lyons is legit one of the best freebies we've ever gotten. Dude just gets it done.
Truly outstanding recruit - he is incredibly clever and I though he was our (tied) best with McStay. Martin dominated when it mattered and Harris and Froggy excellent. No votes for Lachie or Clugga, played well but preferred the impact of the others.

I think fatigue plays a big role in our goal kicking. We were 7.1 and then kicked 5.12

Its was similar last week

That 2nd quarter is the best football I have seen this year.

Bailey and Rayner are both learning how to be the best contributer to the team, and this is showing in their game improving each week.

Daniel McStay, BOG. WHere are all you bignotes now?

The scary thing is this team is yet to play it’s best footy for a whole game , not even close ! And in my opinion we have yet to get the right mix together on the ground . Combine those and then look out !

Back