Game Day Round 5, 2022: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday, 3.20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno about you guys but whenever I look at the easter monday teams I say a little prayer and thank the good lord we won't be blindly hacking the ball straight to harry taylor 😱😱😱
Since I'm immensely cynical about the idea that an invisible man in the sky invented the entire universe in six days 6000 years ago, I say yeah nah. But I'm glad Taylor's not there.

We'll just blindly hack it straight to Stewart instead....

Umm, that’s an eagle.
Umm, it's a glorified seagull.

Y3vEU.jpg

If someone tackles Selwood today and his arm slips up, in for a penny... as they say

I hope he takes the rest of the quarter digging his own face out of the turf.

Really hoping we can make a great game of it but not overly confident.
Cats are just so consistent. We will need to play our grand final.

If we were to only win one more game I hope its this one.

Id love for some of our kids to announce themselves to the AFL world on a big stage.

Cat supporters are very confident - be nice to bring them back to earth.

Thought for the first time the boys dropped their heads and capitulated against the Saints. Can’t see that happening again. Want to see a replay of the Port game

Really hoping for a “surprise” win

Dunno about you guys but whenever I look at the easter monday teams I say a little prayer and thank the good lord we won't be blindly hacking the ball straight to harry taylor 😱😱😱

Now it’s Tom Stewart

And Jack Henry :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have always been very good at running games out (at least against us). They never give up even when down a few goals late and it's that belief that has allowed them to steal so many games we'd ordinarily win against other teams.

Mitchell appears to have instilled that same "never give up" belief in this team, so I hope if this turns into another classic nail biter our boys can dig deep and pull off an awesome victory. That would be huge for the development of this young side.

But a key thing will not be allowing Geelong to get out to an early lead. And I say "allow" because in both instances against Carlton and St Kilda it was our own lack of effort in first quarters that paved the way to those deficit margins. If we bring the level of effort that has got us back into games we let slip early for 4 quarters then we're at the very least going to make this very close, if not win.

I really hope we're up for this.

Ahh the old wedged tailed eagle. Its name comes from it having a wedged tail and the fact its an eagle.
And the fact that it is not a badger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back