Trades Round 5 Trades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1369691

looking sesame street GIF by PBS KIDS

I see you've used the old Judd_Magic manoeuvre.

Well, we better celebrate

AFL is a joke
Lots of reasons for us to say this. The Ryder decision probably isn't one of them
On first viewing yesterday I thought Ryder didn't do too much wrong. On second and third viewing I reckon it's a reasonable call. Saints can argue it if they want

Lots of reasons for us to say this. The Ryder decision probably isn't one of them
On first viewing yesterday I thought Ryder didn't do too much wrong. On second and third viewing I reckon it's a reasonable call. Saints can argue it if they want
Yeah if that was Pickett Worsfold or G train etc he might be dead but Ryder isnt a sniper, he pulled up and braced not leant in and killed.
Two weeks is overkill.

Yeah if that was Pickett Worsfold or G train etc he might be dead but Ryder isnt a sniper, he pulled up and braced not leant in and killed.
Two weeks is overkill.
Agree, but that's the big diff now to when those blokes were firin'.

Paddy didn't need to do it....but he chose to.

And you pay the price if he cops head trauma (intentional or not). Day will automatically be out for 12 days, because of this illegal act, so should Paddy imo.

Can see Cripps being touch and go all week, named then not playing this weekend and then another week of that BS as well

Way I see it is that if you picked Cripps as a keeper then a week or two off is a hold. If its a bad tear and its 1 month+ then outski, shorter than that not worth it. Was averaging 135 pre ping.

Two weeks is overkill.

Outcome is a major factor in sentencing- If Day had bounced straight up then it probably would have just been a free kick, but with concussion, unless it clearly an unavoidable collision then "hitter" will always get weeks, plural. The only reason it was only 2 was Ryder obviously tried to pull the impact.(high contact, negligent , high impact)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter how many times I look at it I can't see he did anything wrong. He stopped moving and braced himself for the impact. He didn't bump. Day ran into him. In basketball a foul would have been called on Day for charging. Different game I know, but still an indication that Ryder was unlucky.

If it's true that Cripps has escaped major damage and could play this week, or at worst miss a week, then he won't need to be traded.

Maginness > NOD (via McCartin fwd) probably the only trade.
Roughying Hayes back in for Ward also a temptation. 2 more weeks is probably all he needs to pretty much max out.

Trading at work on the night shift to pass the time, remains to be seen whether i'll think this is a good idea in the morning.

Rowell to Heeney (via Coniglio to midfield)
Ward to Erasmus

Rowell hasn't looked good the past two weeks to my eye, not getting his hands on the pill enough. I'm done with Ward, Erasmus probably won't justify the trade but i'm sick of ward underperforming and need the difference in price to add Heeney.

Can see the shemozzle this week being Cripps named to play Sunday only to be withdrawn prior to kickoff to really screw with me. Leaves only Parish,Brayshaw and Titch at a stretch as potential replacements. Ideally Carlton would have played before Melbourne & St.Kilda to allow me to bring in Oliver/Steele should Crippa be withdrawn but alas the SuperCoach Gods ain’t on my side

Can see the shemozzle this week being Cripps named to play Sunday only to be withdrawn prior to kickoff to really screw with me. Leaves only Parish,Brayshaw and Titch at a stretch as potential replacements. Ideally Carlton would have played before Melbourne & St.Kilda to allow me to bring in Oliver/Steele should Crippa be withdrawn but alas the SuperCoach Gods ain’t on my side
Not worth a trade if he's a late withdrawal anyway. It would suggest that he'd only miss this week.

Not worth a trade if he's a late withdrawal anyway. It would suggest that he'd only miss this week.
You think? Depends how bad the injury is I guess doesn’t it. I know it’s been reported he escaped serious damage but how reliable is the info? From past experiences, including my own, hamstrings aren’t a simple 1 week and they’re back out on the park type deal. I hope I’m wrong though as I’d love to hold him. With my current rank and start to the season the decision to hold/trade becomes a big one. Him being named on the Fri or whenever it is only to be a late out makes it a tough one for sure. Being a late withdrawal prior to the game doesn’t always mean they are automatically playing the following week, I refer you to Hopper from GWS only a couple weeks ago for example.

You think? Depends how bad the injury is I guess doesn’t it. I know it’s been reported he escaped serious damage but how reliable is the info? From past experiences, including my own, hamstrings aren’t a simple 1 week and they’re back out on the park type deal. I hope I’m wrong though as I’d love to hold him. With my current rank and start to the season the decision to hold/trade becomes a big one. Him being named on the Fri or whenever it is only to be a late out makes it a tough one for sure. Being a late withdrawal prior to the game doesn’t always mean they are automatically playing the following week, I refer you to Hopper from GWS only a couple weeks ago for example.
Have to wait on news like you said, but even if he misses 2-3 games you will have burned a trade of a keeper that's otherwise averaging 130 and might not get much cheaper for the rest of the season.

I'd focus on fixing other issues unless he is set for a reasonable stint on the sidelines.

Have to wait on news like you said, but even if he misses 2-3 games you will have burned a trade of a keeper that's otherwise averaging 130 and might not get much cheaper for the rest of the season.

I'd focus on fixing other issues unless he is set for a reasonable stint on the sidelines.
Very true.

Personally I see him being named then a late out and missing those 2-3 games you mentioned. I’m very trigger happy with that trade button and the way I see it I will be fielding the likes of Ward in place of Cripps (If I kept him) and he will churn out scores around the 50 mark where if I decide to trade Cripps the likes of Steele/Clarry will be around the 120 mark (A loss of 70 PPG-210 points over three weeks).

I do have other issues though in the form of Duncan who has been tremendously underwhelming. I contemplated Taranto/Duncan for the longest time after Dusty was out after Rd.1. I went Duncan, if I had have gone Taranto I would be ranked 17th overall 😕

So far this week ill probably be going;

Hinge - O'Driscoll
Ward - Dixon, Ward is a dead rookie, going nowhere

And strongly considering Butters to Andy Brayshaw. What are your thoughts on this trade?

Agree, but that's the big diff now to when those blokes were firin'.

Paddy didn't need to do it....but he chose to.

And you pay the price if he cops head trauma (intentional or not). Day will automatically be out for 12 days, because of this illegal act, so should Paddy imo.

Yep, decided pretty early on he was going the man and not the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back