MVP Round 5 Votes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

5. K.Simpson
4. A.Walker
3. M.Robinson
2. H.Scotland
1. E.Curnow

We won the game with strength around the footy and getting it out to the spreaders.

I like to compliment forwards in any game that Ross Lyon is involved in. These games are so hard for forwards and easier for backmen.

Walker was superb.

Hendo and Gibbs and Jamo were rocks down back, but see my 2nd paragraph.

Top win.

5. Henderson - claimed yet another scalp
4. Simpson - sublime performance yet again
3. Scotland - like a fine wine, keeps getting better with age
2. Gibbs - outstanding all around performance tonight
1. Betts - needs to play in the midfield a lot more than he does, ignited the Blues

Unlucky - many.

ROTY: Curnow.

5. Henderson - great game, a few lucky bounces but destroyed Pavlich
4. Gibbs - disposal was magnificent, played the quarterback role to perfection
3. Simpson - shocking 1st half but just kept running and providing an out/option on the wing in the 2nd half
2. Robinson - his best game for the year
1. Curnow - his kicking was ordinary but gut running and work in the clinches was first class.

unlucky - Murphy, Walker, Kreuzer, Scotland & Jamison.

I reckon people need to re-watch the game and have a good look at Simpson's 1st half. There's no knocking his workrate and tenacity but he butchered the ball awfully. I know L matthews loved his game and he won the BOG award but he genuinely hurt us far too often kicking too opposition and not putting the ball to advantage when he had time to do so

It was a very poor first half but his late 2nd quarter goal plus phenomenal 2nd half more than made up for it.

Scratchy win but happy to take home the 4 points.

5. Gibbs
4. Hendo
3. Murphy
2. Hampson
1. Scotland

BYP - Curnow

Simpson unlucky because he kept at it and was good in the 2nd but he was close to Freos best in the first half

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5.. Hendo (Did a great job on Pavlich, he's found his true spot)
4.. Robbo (Tough in the clinches, and showed the desparation required)
3.. Simmo ( Few mistakes with disposal in 1st half but atoned in the 2nd ending up with 35 disposals)
2.. Scotty ..(Great mopper upperer and link man)
1.. Curnow (Good in the 1st half when the going was tough)

Good to see Tex back, and play well, augers well for the future.

No way was he best on though.
I called for his goal to lift him for the second half, and it happened, but he was truly terrible up until that goal.

Yeah agreed, butchered the ball over and over again. But fought back well and was terrific in the second half. Even so, Murph BOG for me: 28 possies, 13 contested, 8 tackles, 3 clearances. What a footballer.

1. Murphy
2. Gibbs.
3. Simpson
4. Walker
5. Robbo

Apologies: Scotland, Hendo.
BYP: Ed Curnow

Murph BOG for me: 28 possies, 13 contested, 8 tackles, 3 clearances. What a footballer.

Murphy is the total player these days. A star of the league.

One thing that has annoyed me with my own votes so far this year is that i sometimes squeeze Murph down in my votes in order to acknowledge others efforts.

A subconsious thing i guess.

Murph just keeps churning out terrific games.

It was a very poor first half but his late 2nd quarter goal plus phenomenal 2nd half more than made up for it.

i don't disagree but - lets face it..Freo weren't too good and against a better opponent could easily have cost us bigtime.

5. Henderson - Gave him a bit of a spray after last week, but as expected he bounced back and did a great job on Pav

4. Gibbs - PLayed the quarterback role very well tonight. Felt very safe when the ball was in his hands.

3. Walker - Welcome back! Excellent ability to pick up he ground balls and provided a spark. Could tell he was busting to get out there and play.

2. Scotland - Played very well, was hard at it and I thought he used the ball well.

1. Robinson - Very poor last week but bounced back this week. Good attack on the ball and gets a few points for getting into Ballentyne's face!

5 - Murphy - Star
4 - Henderson - Almost faultless tonight
3 - Gibbs - As they say in Italy, "La Regista" (The Deep Lying Playmaker)
2 - Walker - What a comeback game! Looking forward to mark of the century MKII
1 - Scotland - Unlucky not to get more votes to be honest

ROTY - Curnow. Surely a unanimous decision tonight?

Apologies to many. Simmo just missed out with those clangers early on. Betts looked GREAT in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back