Game Day Round 6, 2018 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercy
Hope they dont remember 2012 could be payback.
If we get flogged, blame Sauce.
But then again I could be wrong, just got up , head not clear had to read tomato sauce bottle to work out how to spell sauce.
Lions by 8
Charlie to kick 5 off Oscar's crumbs.

Now, if we can just get a win. Would be good.

...and put a bit of a gap between us and Carlton, don't like them breathing down our necks like they are.

Hated cheering for the Bulldogs last night, but we must do what we gotta do for the greater cause.

Big effort today and who knows.....we just might sneak that much needed win.

Now, if we can just get a win. Would be good.

...and put a bit of a gap between us and Carlton, don't like them breathing down our necks like they are.

Hated cheering for the Bulldogs last night, but we must do what we gotta do for the greater cause.

Big effort today and who knows.....we just might sneak that much needed win.
I would actually like if every other struggling team would get wins ( not against us) so that when we get the 8 wins this year we still get pick one or two.:) That would be good .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys

Just so you know it's raining around Homebush but the forecast to clear in the afternoon with maybe a shower in the evening.

I wouldn't underestimate how different our structure is today particularly in the forwards. Patton as no 1 Ruck, Toby out and Jezza playing with a toe problem that has seen him kick poorly the last couple of weeks. Deledio will probably play high half forward and you'd have to think Himmelburg and Jezza will be the targets. Himmelburg may well spend time in the ruck as well, he's better than Tomlinson as an extra mid, way better below the knees. We'll need the smaller forwards Lloyd and Langdon to kick goals I think.

Martin worries me greatly but I assume we've decided that the big lug Dawson Simpson isn't mobile enough for him anyway. We dont usually concede the taps but it looks that way today. I dont know if we'll tag Zorko, we rarely tag but Sam Reid did last time and he'll be out there today.

Hope it's a good game and both teams get out of it without injury. We're certainly in a better place with our list right now, but I dont think the difference is big enough between clubs these days to be certain about any result.

To those coming down or resident in Sydney, welcome. If you haven't been to Spotless I expect you'll be pleasantly surprised. Great facilities and plenty of elbow room (lol).

Got sneaky feeling we will do well today. I think with the pressure off and GWS missing some key players we can get a lot closer than most expect. Hope the big O can have a good one and kick a couple goals on debut. If they want to tag Zorko then send him to the forward line for periods.

This post could come back to bite me.... Port game I predicted a good showing, Tigers game, I never publicly said anything, but I had a bad feeling even though I didn't want to admit it to myself.... And today, I think not only will we be competitive, but I think we will win. Lion by 27 points! Also left field move, if Zorko keeps getting tagged out of games, why not give him a purpose and have him attemp a similar defensive role himself. I know he's a weapon for us and we prob can't afford to use arguably our best player in such a role. But he could nullify one of their best perhaps coniglio, and still hurt them the other way?

We are due to click. We know they are a long way off their best and vulnerable. If we go down it will not be for lack of trying. Martin to dominate.

We have a damn sight more hope than the Suns.:D

Bad omen - had to get to the doctors in Buranda from New Farm (Buranda bulk bill, New Farm don't, and I don't really have the money for random doctors appointments) and of course the Story Bridge is closed today. What should have been a 45 minute round trip turned into two hours.

Lions are doomed. I really hope I'm wrong.

Bad omen - had to get to the doctors in Buranda from New Farm (Buranda bulk bill, New Farm don't, and I don't really have the money for random doctors appointments) and of course the Story Bridge is closed today. What should have been a 45 minute round trip turned into two hours.

Lions are doomed. I really hope I'm wrong.

*Kezz takes away bad ju ju into herself so that it can't hurt the Lions*

You are a hero(ine)!

To those coming down or resident in Sydney, welcome. If you haven't been to Spotless I expect you'll be pleasantly surprised. Great facilities and plenty of elbow room (lol).
I'm resident in Sydney (there are a few of us) and really like going to Spotless. Much better than the SCG. Have fond memories of the Bulldogs V Giants prelim from 2 years ago, one of the best games I've ever seen. As the Lions win whenever I turn up, I'm confident of a good showing. Going for 4 in a row today! And don't forget Gadzorks of the travel fund you promised to organise for me if we win today. Dominating possession in the twos and just hit the front and confident we will get that one. Rain stopped here... so should be fine, if windy for the main game. Go Lions!

I'm resident in Sydney (there are a few of us) and really like going to Spotless. Much better than the SCG. Have fond memories of the Bulldogs V Giants prelim from 2 years ago, one of the best games I've ever seen. As the Lions win whenever I turn up, I'm confident of a good showing. Going for 4 in a row today! And don't forget Gadzorks of the travel fund you promised to organise for me if we win today. Dominating possession in the twos and just hit the front and confident we will get that one. Rain stopped here... so should be fine, if windy for the main game. Go Lions!
The real question is, do they do full strength beer. Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back