Review Round 6, 2022 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Gold Coast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry done a great job as a run with player. I was one to say if his shoulder is a worry then rest.
He hurt it a few weeks ago during the game and used one arm for the rest of the game.
So think fair enough rested.. Yes with ball in hand he is one I worry about.
Charlie as said played well went up to back pocket and ball in hand normally does something nice with.

If Hippy comes straight back do we play him and Fort together for a few weeks.
Rotate Oscar/Fort forward while Hippy has some bench time.

Berry's goal at about the one minute thirty mark - the commentator says berry is leading the competition for goal assists this season and now he gets the chance one for himself.

🤣🤣🤣 How dare our coaching staff let berry stay in the seniors. Should be dropped immediately cause he is running around with a sore shoulder achieving f.. all. Replace him immediately with Dev, cause Dev doesn't have a sore shoulder and he is way better.

Not saying Dev doesn't deserve an opportunity, but it is funny when we arm chair expert guesses are light years away from what the coaches know.
I remember when they said that and I almost fell off my chair.

I think we all know (including the coach's) that J.Berry's decision making with the ball in his hands needs significant improvement. His defensive pressure has been great so far this year.
He was better disposal wise last week wasn't he. I suppose they all were.

Every great team has had an elite tagger in their lineup and if that's what he ends up being that's fine.

He can play a few roles tbh.

One thing I'll say about Fort he seems to be a dead eye either on the set shot or on the run.

I was all for the 2 ruck set up but if Hipwood plays I don't think we can afford Fort and Oscar in the same team if their ruckwork to date is what we can expect for the rest of the season.

Fort actually does some intelligent things for a big man. Oscar needs to improve on his season so far and he can.

He was better disposal wise last week wasn't he. I suppose they all were.

Every great team has had an elite tagger in their lineup and if that's what he ends up being that's fine.

He can play a few roles tbh.
he is also a big body and great over head has a big tank.
So pretty versatile.

One thing I'll say about Fort he seems to be a dead eye either on the set shot or on the run.

I was all for the 2 ruck set up but if Hipwood plays I don't think we can afford Fort and Oscar in the same team if their ruckwork to date is what we can expect for the rest of the season.

Fort actually does some intelligent things for a big man. Oscar needs to improve on his season so far and he can.

Fort will go out but I still see him as the better ruckman. I'm cringing at the thought of Daniher back in the ruck. I hope fagan is as well.

The word was that Robbo was dropped and not rested because of his calf strain. It will be interesting who comes in for Kai this week.
I would never doubt your intel b/c you have proven your in the know but if Robbo was dropped, was there a reason he didnt play in the 2's?

I would never doubt your intel b/c you have proven your in the know but if Robbo was dropped, was there a reason he didnt play in the 2's?

I think it's more or less they were 'ultra conservative' with a tight calf that he could have played through. I'm sure he wouldn't have minded the time off and knows his days are numbered.

I think we all know (including the coach's) that J.Berry's decision making with the ball in his hands needs significant improvement. His defensive pressure has been great so far this year.

There is room in a team for a few helter-skekter players. People who are not precision kicks, but are strong enough to get the ball in congestion and bang it forward, possibly/hopefully changing the momentum swing , hopefully in our favour.

Fans don't like it, but it is something coaches are ok with in limited situations. It allows players with good contested presence to contribute with their kick, which is their weakest skill. It breaks the rolling maul and the handballs that get nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is room in a team for a few helter-skekter players. People who are not precision kicks, but are strong enough to get the ball in congestion and bang it forward, possibly/hopefully changing the momentum swing , hopefully in our favour.

Fans don't like it, but it is something coaches are ok with in limited situations. It allows players with good contested presence to contribute with their kick, which is their weakest skill. It breaks the rolling maul and the handballs that get nowhere.

IMO we can't have both Robbo and JBerry playing that game. 1 is enough.

Fine with players quick kicking from congestion. Berry has issues with just a normal kick when he gets uncontested ball though. I'm sure it is something he will improve with more games. I've enjoyed seeing him up forward a little more as well. He has height and use to be good at sneaking forward and kicking a few goals.

I think Berry has more upside than down at the moment. As others have said, he runs well defensively, which is a bit of a rarity in our mids. We have lots of good ball users in and around the ball.
Would love if every player could do everything well, but you need a mix in there or teams will just roll over the top of us

Re Eric, can anyone remember any player returning from a 12 month ACL and going straight into the seniors (outside of round 1 comebacks)? I cannae.
Marcus Adams was rushed back (well, I guess not back since he hadn't debuted with us) very quickly after his initial non-ACL injury.

Re Eric, can anyone remember any player returning from a 12 month ACL and going straight into the seniors (outside of round 1 comebacks)? I cannae.

G'day Rip,

How about Jarrod Molloy 97-98? First game back was at Waverley (Rd 7), and he kicked a ripper out of mid-air IIRC, out of a bag of six.

Long time ago now, but I seem to recall him coming straight back in??

G'day Rip,

How about Jarrod Molloy 97-98? First game back was at Waverley (Rd 7), and he kicked a ripper out of mid-air IIRC, out of a bag of six.

Long time ago now, but I seem to recall him coming straight back in??
Godallmighty 😯 hello Denno! Yes, I do remember that game. Could not tell you off the top of my head if that was a straight-back-in job though. Might need to do some research on that!

Nice to see you around!

Godallmighty 😯 hello Denno! Yes, I do remember that game. Could not tell you off the top of my head if that was a straight-back-in job though. Might need to do some research on that!

Nice to see you around!

Cheers Rip - hope you're going well too!

Not sure why I stopped posting (it just happened), but been lurking for years, don't worry.

It was always going to be something "out of the ordinary" that piqued my interest again! :think:

Back